British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Except Harris, Nichols & Watt have all signed for Polish third division clubs - do they not ride on Sundays?

but Rye is very near to both Stansted and Luton airport so doubt that will be a problem

Except Harris, Nichols & Watt have all signed for Polish third division clubs - do they not ride on Sundays?

It is the Polish top league clubs that make the big demands. If the lower leagues started doing it, we'd really be in trouble!!

• Like 1

DC2 Yes Rye House are running some Saturday's as I am sure Leicester will and have not signed any Polish riders or extraliga stars.

What they have yet not experienced is the Saturday night syndrome from other clubs where clubs with the above type of riders refuse to come, This is something that Leicester were not expecting and thought they would get the BSPA backing but it didn't happen.

Another advantage RH have is they are able to start earlier and very close to Stansted and Luton so riders can be in their hotels for 10:30 where as after Leicester matches sometimes it could be 1am and then up at 4

And they say our 3rd division is a joke ???

Well, as I see it, the way things are going, should Leicester run next year in the top flight we'll have a team that will give us no chance of the playoffs and therefore another early end to the season.

Everyone else appears to have riders signed up or in are in negotiations with them (even RH have five signed up with another TBA tomorrow) so by the time all this gets sorted, whoever is running the club will have an uphill struggle to put a side together with a proper No1.

Come on Leicester, get stuff sorted and give us a team that can push for the playoffs ... and while you're at it sort out turns one and two please.

Thanks.

IF (another big if) we keep a similar team to last year, I don't think we'll be far off the mark due to the watered down nature of the league... Would personally be trying for Richard Lawson and Josh Auty as the two Brits (as I think Starke will be at Somerset). Would like to see Klindt, Summers and Wozniak back. I'd guess Houggard will be at Belle Vue next year, otherwise he'd also be on the wishlist. There's still plenty of good riders available, but we need promotion in place to be able to discuss contracts. I'd personally wonder if a new team manager might make the club more appealing, as Norrie appears to have ostracised the club from a selection of riders.

• Like 1

Well, as I see it, the way things are going, should Leicester run next year in the top flight we'll have a team that will give us no chance of the playoffs and therefore another early end to the season.

Everyone else appears to have riders signed up or in are in negotiations with them (even RH have five signed up with another TBA tomorrow) so by the time all this gets sorted, whoever is running the club will have an uphill struggle to put a side together with a proper No1.

Come on Leicester, get stuff sorted and give us a team that can push for the playoffs ... and while you're at it sort out turns one and two please.

Thanks.

Depends which playoffs you have in mind......

The Leicester fans must be despairing.....started 2016 with a side that was destined to be bottom and now little info coming out re 2017.

I hope that the new promotion can step things up from the DH era and move forward

Well dont know what you all think to this team but i have given it a shot:-

1. Kylmakorpi 9.35

2. Summers 8.57

3. Buczkowski 8.52

4. Lawson 8.22

5. Schlein 7.17

6. Morley 3.85

7. Ayres 3.70

Total - 49.28

• Like 1

Except Harris, Nichols & Watt have all signed for Polish third division clubs - do they not ride on Sundays?[/quote

Harris Rzeszow, Watt Rzeszow and Nichols Kraków - Polish 1st division and they ride Sunday's.

Harris Rzeszow, Watt Rzeszow and Nichols Kraków - Polish 1st division and they ride Sunday's.

Depends how often they are selected with the Polish Squad system. Harris only rode a handful of Polish meetings last year, not sure if that was down to performance or budget restraints. Kraków were hardly challenging for title or threatened by wooden spoon.

I don't think Harris has any issues about riding Saturday and then Poland Sunday. The guy just wants to race his bike! He'll go where ever he has to, when ever he has to.

I don't think Harris has any issues about riding Saturday and then Poland Sunday. The guy just wants to race his bike! He'll go where ever he has to, when ever he has to.

Yep, he's even got a wildcard into the Longtrack GP series! Might miss a meeting or two for Rye House though.

Except Harris, Nichols & Watt have all signed for Polish third division clubs - do they not ride on Sundays?[/quote

Aren't those clubs in PLZ2, the third division after Estraliga & PLZ1?