British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Not a rider that will increase his average though has found his level

Possibly maybe you are right but for me is still better than Newman has reached British Finals as we all know his gating is his big problem it is atrocious.

Possibly maybe you are right but for me is still better than Newman has reached British Finals as we all know his gating is his big problem it is atrocious.

and unfortunately that wont improve this year either, I hate to say this but id rather have Newman, Think they will be on a similar average at the end of next year but Kyle will improve to his

• Like 1

and unfortunately that wont improve this year either, I hate to say this but id rather have Newman, Think they will be on a similar average at the end of next year but Kyle will improve to his

He needs to improve in the PL as well do stats lie?

I thought Simon Lambert might get a mention / consideration from a few? A Brit, a real trier & sensational when his form / confidence is up.

He needs to improve in the PL as well do stats lie?

Mis leading depending on league, Id much rather Newman in the Premiership but would go for Auty in the championship however think that will change after this year

Mis leading depending on league, Id much rather Newman in the Premiership but would go for Auty in the championship however think that will change after this year

Auty on certain tracks can mix it look at this years British Final he has reached four British Finals Newman so far has not behind Wright,Starke,Garrity,Bates,Bridger,Lawson, (ect) in that respect.

1. Greg Hancock

2. Tomasz Gollob

3. Greg Walasek

4. Adam Skornicki

5. Michael Max

6. Jon Armstrong

7. Tony Atkin

What would that team add up to?

A vastly experienced squad I would say.

Thought Max was now retired so swap him for Pedersen.

1. Greg Hancock

2. Tomasz Gollob

3. Greg Walasek

4. Adam Skornicki

5. Michael Max

6. Jon Armstrong

7. Tony Atkin

What would that team add up to?

Max has now retired.

So then...

2 weeks since Glyn said it had only been a week since the agm and there were t's to be crossed and i's to be dotted

3 weeks since agm

4 weeks since Dave Darcy assurances of going to tapes in elite league giving the impression that plans were in place and new owners/promotion was basically being finalised... probably providing foundation to Glyn's comments

Presumably 5,6,7 + weeks with a potential deal to be negotiated and ironed out but still norra peep.

Unless the terms and contracts involve leiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicestttttttttttttttttttttter liiiiiiiiiiiiions holdiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings liiiiiiiiiimiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttted, I can see a) no agreement and lions not running or B) we are left to select from a very minor cast of riders with a combined average a lot less than 50 and like captains picking the team in p.e at school and having to choose between the two kids at the back who hate sport and shivering in sub zero temperatures wearing plimmies and vests and just want to be somewhere else.

• Like 1

I like this. No good suggesting fanciful teams if you aren't sure if there will be team! Hope someone let's us know soon what, if anything is going on.

I thought Simon Lambert might get a mention / consideration from a few? A Brit, a real trier & sensational when his form / confidence is up.

It amazed me that Simon Lambert doesn't get any mentions for his parent club at King's Lynn too. He's not been given a fair crack of the whip by them over the years, and he certainly deserves a place with someone.

• Like 2

I'm sorry bit Simon Lambert has been given two chances at Leicester, at both premier & elite league level & has failed at both. He consistently pulls up before the end of a race & never ever acknowledges the fans at the end of a race. No thanks.

• Like 5

Building a team of cast offs is difficult.

I reckon this would make the Lions competitive.

Korneliussen 8.46
Howarth 7.18
Wozniak 8.27
Lawson 8.22
Buczkowski 8.43
Auty 7.01

Building a team of cast offs is difficult.

I reckon this would make the Lions competitive.

Korneliussen 8.46
Howarth 7.18
Wozniak 8.27
Lawson 8.22
Buczkowski 8.43
Auty 7.01

I have it on very good authority that Wozniak will not be riding in the Premiership next season

Could (but won't) line up like:

Nick Morris 8.97

Patrick Houggard 8.71

Szymon Wozniak 8.27

Richard Lawson 8.17

Aaron Summers 8.13

Nickolai Klindt 5.42

(2 pt rider) Wajcknecht? 2.00

Team = 49.67

Think a team similar to this would be very competitive. Would however expect to see Auty in the 7 and would require us racing midweek if Glasgow are moving to Saturday nights as previously suggested

Forget Wozniak as he isnt riding in England in 2017. We will be riding on Thursday nights :)

• Like 1

I have it on very good authority that Wozniak will not be riding in the Premiership next season

Forget Wozniak as he isnt riding in England in 2017. We will be riding on Thursday nights :)

I'll probably forget Nick Morris too as he's just signed for Swindon.. Kylmakorpi for Morris, Auty for Woniak, 3.00 pointer instead of 2.00 pointer, still a relatively strong side given this league. The key for me is holding on to Klindt. He'll be in high demand because of his average but did say he wanted to return to Leicester next year

• Like 1