British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

I hear Klindt has gone to Poole

They won't use him after he gets an average in May/June, clashes with Danish fixtures will be cited else he will have a sprained appendix for any matches he needs to be at, that don't clash with his Danish fixtures. Mercenary. But a very useful rider on his average in this watered down League. I am amazed his parent club haven't taken advantage of this, they clearly have a modicum of integrity these days. Which they lacked in the early 90's.

What I think you will end up with is this.

1. Kylmakorpi 9.35

2. Lawson 8.22

3. Buczkowski 8.43

4. Wozniak 8.28

5. Summers 8.57

6. S. Lambert 5.25

3.19 left for a No.7

1 Hougaard

2 Wilkinson/Roynon

3 Bucksowski

4 Lawson

5 Wozniak

6 2 point reserve

7 Whatever is left.

1 Hougaard

2 Wilkinson/Roynon

3 Bucksowski

4 Lawson

5 Wozniak

6 2 point reserve

7 Whatever is left.

Deep joy!.

Now Coventry are closing who do we fancy from Their team if any?

I would only have Garrity the rest are pants.

Hasn't the good news reached Leicester yet?

• Like 2

We'll have none of them. We'll enjoy our visits to Brandon and hopefully get some away points there in 2017!

• Like 3

Hasn't the good news reached Leicester yet?

I think mrcts is still living in the1980's. He probably thinks the CO is still in charge at Brandon & imagines it's payback time. :D

• Like 2

I think mrcts is still living in the1980's. He probably thinks the CO is still in charge at Brandon & imagines it's payback time. :D

Are we not still in the 80's? Shame. John Titman was in the country last week, could still probably do a job for us at no.1...

l'll believe it when I see it.......you're still living on borrowed time.

I would Imagine trying to deal with Hemsley would be rather difficult , he's a couple of bricks short of a full hod , ,but at least it appears the mad witch he was married to is no longer in the picture ,so that's one obstacle out of the way for a potential new broom , If there are potential new brooms ,they need to get a move on . because all the good riders are getting snapped up . and a rebrand wont be successful without a team that can at least challenge for silverware , Lions fans must have had enough whipping boy teams by now ,

Edited by speedibee
  • Like 2

4 weeks since agm and nothing about the situation at Leicester other than a fleeting rumour and hear say.

Previously someone said that we had a number 1 signed. That would suggest that a promotion us in place and decisions are being made. Still nothing publicly.

Flagrag the person who tends to have a fair degree of inside information then seems to be suggest that the promotion issue is still live which would suggest that possibly there still is no one to make a decision and that riders or in particular a number 1 hasn't been signed.

Surely if a promotion was in place after all this time, then there would be an announcement of some kind.

GlennyLion- The promotion has been sorted and at least two riders have agreed deals with the Lions for 2017, So nothing to worry about Lions fans you will still get your regular racing and an improved track to hopefully improve racing

• Like 2

GlennyLion- The promotion has been sorted and at least two riders have agreed deals with the Lions for 2017, So nothing to worry about Lions fans you will still get your regular racing and an improved track to hopefully improve racing

Thanks for the information Flagrag, don't suppose you know if/when this information will be brought to us by the club itself?

If the rumours are true about Buster taking over the promotion the first job is to change thr track shape, and he has the gear and experience to get it sorted.

• Like 3

Cheers flagrag.

Notice you say sorted and deals agreed..which suggests everything is not finalised?

Any reason why it's all such a secret!!!