British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Are the questions different to the Belle Vue ones?

Same questions but undoubtedly differing reasons behind the answers!! :wink:

The problem I can see with Lebedevs is other European commitments as I am sure that he will be doing the Euro individual qualification rounds and maybe the finals,Then GP qualifying rounds and then add in possibly the One Sport pairs series which all of the above take place on non GP weekends when of course is when Leicester have their meetings

I had the same concerns with Lebedevs, also worried if he were to do what Ljung, Michelsen and others seem to have done, and use Leicester until the European leagues started. The management have said we won't be racing every meeting on a Saturday night though, so maybe they're going to get around these clashes? I'm sure if we can think of all these things, the management will have too! They must have found a way to address these- time will tell.

Just checked when the track alterations took place last year. Looks like they started at the beginning of January but there was not time to do bends 1 & 2 so I reckon you can forget any track alterations this season.

But 3 & 4 have already been done, so again we only need the time for one half of the circuit. For all we know they may have already started? I, like you, would be surprised if we see any alterations for this season- but I'm just glad we'll get to see speedway at Leicester this year! Shame if we don't get to see this team on a track built for racing, that would be some real entertainment!

don't think Josh will struggle he will match his average of last year or even better

I agree, think Auty will be okay. He's a steady heat leader in the second tier, so being a second string/ 1st reserve at this level shouldn't be an issue. Hasn't let us down as a fast track reserve, although wasn't scoring as well towards the end of last season. Guaranteed effort with Josh though

For anyone not on FB.

Leicester Speedway Supporters Club

Annual General Meeting.

Thursday 2nd March

8pm Start (Doors open 7.30pm)

at The Speedway Bar, Beaumont Park

-All Supporters welcome (Only Members can participate in any vote)

-2017 Memberships available on the night from 7.30pm

-ADDITIONAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS REQUIRED as the Lions enter this exciting new season, both to assist on racenights pre-meeting/during the interval and to bring YOUR activity ideas to the table (PM LSSC Facebook in advance if you are interested, or make your interest known on the AGM night)

-Please note that there will NOT be a Bar available on the AGM night

don't think Josh will struggle he will match his average of last year or even better

I'm looking at the Leicester team; and thinking hypothetically; say with us (Scunthorpe) having first call on Josh in the event of a 'fixture' between both teams ?. My money would be on Scunny to take out this Lions team at the EWR; and I reckon we would give you a run at Beaumont Park. One trick you and the rest of the Premier League seem to have missed is Michael Palm-Toft; a quality rider who demonstrated last season in EL outings his ability at that level. To me he was the rider to have 'on your list' Even more so with a 'levelling out' of the leagues following the re-branding.

Surprised you guys didn't see that; but then we're not complaining. Good luck for the season; if it gets bad; you can always latch on to Coventry I suppose.

Edited by the outsider

A rider I thought was worth a go in this League was Alex Egburge. Likes Leicester tough rider gave it 110% has the best equipment . Was action packed.

Injury-prone isn't he? Thought his size 13 feet got a bit tangled up in those tight corners.

Anyway has the new gaffer offered you your old job back?

I'm looking at the Leicester team; and thinking hypothetically; say with us (Scunthorpe) having first call on Josh in the event of a 'fixture' between both teams ?. My money would be on Scunny to take out this Lions team at the EWR; and I reckon we would give you a run at Beaumont Park. One trick you and the rest of the Premier League seem to have missed is Michael Palm-Toft; a quality rider who demonstrated last season in EL outings his ability at that level. To me he was the rider to have 'on your list' Even more so with a 'levelling out' of the leagues following the re-branding.

Surprised you guys didn't see that; but then we're not complaining. Good luck for the season; if it gets bad; you can always latch on to Coventry I suppose.

Dont think Scunthorpe would get close home or away. Lecister may well end up bottom of the Prem but Scunthorpe look nailed for that position in the Champ so theres really no comparison

• Like 1

The Leicester track review in today's Star is worth a read. Norrie Allan doing the talking

What I can't understand is how Leicester were allowed to track a team in 2016 when they still owed money to the riders who rode for them in 2015! The BSPA must have known the situation and should have stopped DH from signing any riders for 2016 until all his debts had been settled for 2015.

You can summarise Norrie's comments in 3 words - 'What a mess'.

• Like 1

I'll bring him along really want to see Lebedevs personally

If you do tell your dad to bring his bikes along too

I'm sure Lebedevs would enjoy watching him too as we all did at Blackbird road

Great on the track and really good with us in the pits after the meeting

Like I said earlier a Legend

• Like 1

I'll bring him along really want to see Lebedevs personally

Cookie round the boards, what a sight, what a crowd pleaser! When you do, can you also get him onto the centre green please so we can all see him and applaud him?

Failing that, just drag him over to turn two so we can shake his hand. Ta.

• Like 2

What I can't understand is how Leicester were allowed to track a team in 2016 when they still owed money to the riders who rode for them in 2015! The BSPA must have known the situation and should have stopped DH from signing any riders for 2016 until all his debts had been settled for 2015.

You can summarise Norrie's comments in 3 words - 'What a mess'.

Swindon were going in 2013 when they still owed money to ex riders who rode in 2011! It's criminal how the person running the club was allowed to get away with it.

• Like 1

Swindon were going in 2013 when they still owed money to ex riders who rode in 2011! It's criminal how the person running the club was allowed to get away with it.

They have got away with it for years as the BSPA allow them too.

A promoter can withhold a riders payment but a rider cannot withhold his services to the promoter.

• Like 1

To add insult to injury the same guy is still involved with another club, although I think there is at least one stadium that he's not allowed to enter as he owes them too allegedly.