British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Erik Riss looked very smooth and considering the company he was racing against on Saturday - fast.
On his Facebook page there is a video of him nipping around a tight track equally well. all bodes well for the Lions having a rider who can and will improve his average during the season.

Edited by 1 valve

Josh Bates signs for Kolejarz Rawicz

Kolejarz Rawicz FB:

After today's sparring Josh Bates has signed a letter of intent by which it will be the closest contender RKS Kolejarz Rawicz transfer window! :)

Welcome to trainman Josh!

Kolejarz Rawicz FB:

After today's sparring Josh Bates has signed a letter of intent by which it will be the closest contender RKS Kolejarz Rawicz transfer window! :)

Scored 8 points in a training match at Rawicz yesterday. His most significant scalp was Rafal Konopka (it is fair to say Rawicz aren't the strongest of teams.)

Kolejarz Rawicz FB:

The lad's been impressing with his boxing skills again has he?
  • Like 1

After getting rid of riders because of their Polish commitments one of their replacements signs for a Polish club! Is this weird or am I missing something!

After getting rid of riders because of their Polish commitments one of their replacements signs for a Polish club! Is this weird or am I missing something!

His UK clubs will take priority if they so wish.

Well done Leicester. Lebedevs may as well be a Pole and they should no longer be welcome in British speedway. Also riders who aren't honest about their other commitments when signing should be shown the door.

Two Brits now with extra jobs, great stuff.

Now Wolves, Somerset, Poole and Peterborough, Workington and Sheffield need to give their teams a good hard look and make some pro-British decisions.

Sheffield need to back the British riders.

Last season team started with 6 Brits in the starting team line up.

This season 4 Brits and the last 4 Under 21 Champions are riding for the team as well.

Maybe you might want to explain how much more you think that they could help the back British riders, I for one would be interested to find out please.

• Like 1

Sheffield need to back the British riders.

Last season team started with 6 Brits in the starting team line up.

This season 4 Brits and the last 4 Under 21 Champions are riding for the team as well.

Maybe you might want to explain how much more you think that they could help the back British riders, I for one would be interested to find out please.

Simple. Bl**ding obvious

Simple. Bl**ding obvious

Not really, so would you like to explain to me please.

• Like 2

I see the on track action at Leicester press and practice has been cancelled due to the new section of the track not being settled correctly.

So just photos and meet the rider section later in the day

track alterations left too late in the day hence no available time for pre season challenge meeting. Now track not fit for pre season press and practice

day.

I'd like to bet no guests have been lined-up to replace King and Auty for this Sat season opener against Swindon. I suspect the weather may well come to

the rescue of the club to allow the track further time to settle.

I can't imagine many fans will be thrilled at the thought of not being able to track our own 1-7 for the first home meeting of the season.

Such a shame as the momentum under the new owners seemed to be building nicely.

Not really, so would you like to explain to me please.

Lost me too, please explain😬

Already mentioned by others but here is the full statement. I think I will give Saturday a miss and wait until the full team is riding and the track is definitely okay.
Leicester Lions Speedway Team Tomorrow’s team practice event that was planned between 2.30pm and 5.00pm has been called off.

There is a slight issue into turn two that needs resolving which has meant further work is required and this will start in the morning which has led to this
decision.

Lions Promoter David Darcy said: “It is disappointing to postpone the practice as I know that the riders want the track time to get acclimatised to the new shape and fans were looking forward to seeing the new team but first and foremost safety is at the front of my thinking. We have spent considerable time and expense in improving the overall condition of the circuit but a minor problem has manifested itself which needs rectifying to our satisfaction. I am sure that fans will understand that we have a duty to ensure a safe surface to race on and anything less is unacceptable.”

Fans will still have the opportunity to meet the Leicester riders at the ‘Talk In’ event with the team and management in the Stadium Bar which start at 6.00pm.

Season ticket holders will still be able to collect their passes from 2.30pm in the Stadium Bar if they wish to.
Edited by Gemini

That's me out for Saturday then! Saw that coming a mile off.