British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

So then...

2 weeks since Glyn said it had only been a week since the agm and there were t's to be crossed and i's to be dotted

3 weeks since agm

4 weeks since Dave Darcy assurances of going to tapes in elite league giving the impression that plans were in place and new owners/promotion was basically being finalised... probably providing foundation to Glyn's comments

Presumably 5,6,7 + weeks with a potential deal to be negotiated and ironed out but still norra peep.

Unless the terms and contracts involve leiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicestttttttttttttttttttttter liiiiiiiiiiiiions holdiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings liiiiiiiiiimiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttted, I can see a) no agreement and lions not running or B) we are left to select from a very minor cast of riders with a combined average a lot less than 50 and like captains picking the team in p.e at school and having to choose between the two kids at the back who hate sport and shivering in sub zero temperatures wearing plimmies and vests and just want to be somewhere else.

The pen ran out of ink to cross the T and dot the I so they are awaiting delivery of a new pen but with the build up to Christmas it's delaying the delivery of the pen needed so fans will need to wait a little longer.

After last nights comitee meeting where Mrs H's "boy friend" messaged and said he wanted to be chairman and miraculously had someone to nominate him and second it, it looks like a bad smell is eminating from Leicester.

Oh and the fact that three comitee members have resigned in the last 24hrs tells you all you need to know

A meeting of what committee?

A meeting of what committee?

Are they talking about the LSSC ?? It's the only committee I've heard of

The bits quoted above about committees and resignations is all to do with Leicester Speedway supporters club and has nothing to do with the operation of the club.

Mr A Joyce wanted to be chairman and he had backing to do so, some members didn't agree with this so resigned from their positions

• Like 2

So is someone going to busta gut to get Leicester back up and running and sort that track out?

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Whilst trying not to appear negative, delays on a takeover announcement seem to be based on the AGM date, but interested parties will surely have been involved long before this. From the outside, the longer the wait for the announcement of the new management set up, the weaker the team will be due to rider availability/willingness to sign up for the forthcoming season. Sounds pessimistic but I have been a Lions fan (since 1974) through thin and thinner and still remain to be convinced that we will be competing in the (watered down) top flight of the sport next season.

• Like 3

Yes i am sure Buster will get the track sorted for Leicester and hopefully it will help improve racing

Does this imply that Glynn is not Leicesters' track man anymore?

• Like 1

Yes i am sure Buster will get the track sorted for Leicester and hopefully it will help improve racing

Is he going to rip it up and start from scratch.

Whilst trying not to appear negative, delays on a takeover announcement seem to be based on the AGM date, but interested parties will surely have been involved long before this. From the outside, the longer the wait for the announcement of the new management set up, the weaker the team will be due to rider availability/willingness to sign up for the forthcoming season. Sounds pessimistic but I have been a Lions fan (since 1974) through thin and thinner and still remain to be convinced that we will be competing in the (watered down) top flight of the sport next season.

Agree with that. Lions fan since 77, through thin, thinner and now waffer bleedin thin. If by chance we do have a team running next year, it already looks like being a side composed of riders nobody else wants. Meaning probably even lower attendances and more grief for all concerned. It's not looking too great.

Having said that like a fool I'll still be there.

• Like 1

Maybe buster us the man to promote Leicester for this season till they find a permanent buyer

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

Maybe buster us the man to promote Leicester for this season till they find a permanent buyer

Cool. Always wanted to watch him at work on his tractor anyways