British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

No.

I forget who it was now, but someone posted a couple of weeks ago that Mr Landlord Hemsley aka Risgby had said there wouldn't be anyone available to open and lock up during the week

I forget who it was now, but someone posted a couple of weeks ago that Mr Landlord Hemsley aka Risgby had said there wouldn't be anyone available to open and lock up during the weekIf Buster is running the club that I should expect

If Buster is running the club as stated, then I should imagine he is more than able to put DH in his place.

• Like 1

No.

Are you 100% sure as it was mentioned awhile back that Saturday was the agreed race night with the council when agreeing the terms of bringing speedway to BP but maybe it's changed.

Are you 100% sure as it was mentioned awhile back that Saturday was the agreed race night with the council when agreeing the terms of bringing speedway to BP but maybe it's changed.

The approved planning permission states the track cannot be used outside 08:00-22:30 daily and no more than 50 meetings can take place a year. There is no mention of a restriction to Saturdays of any kind.

It has been reported that DH has said there would be nobody to unlock the stadium other than Saturdays..But frankly that is something easily overcome...if there was any truth to that statement in the first place.

• Like 1

Still the silly season but heard a few times now Matej Zagar for lions next season anyone heard the same.....

Matej Zagar who refused to race away meetings at Leicester for Belle Vue because of his distaste for the track? I somehow doubt that he'll be open to making it his home

• Like 2

Still the silly season but heard a few times now Matej Zagar for lions next season anyone heard the same.....

Well he would be cheap if paid by the point for home meetings 😉

Well he would be cheap if paid by the point for home meetings

Ah but next year's Slovenian Championship will be held over 16 rounds, all coinciding with Leicester home meetings.

• Like 2

Ah but next year's Slovenian Championship will be held over 16 rounds, all coinciding with Leicester home meetings.

You don't know what night they will have meetings yet.

You don't know what night they will have meetings yet.

I don't think it matters lol

Zagar hates the Leicester track.

More chance of Poland withdrawing from the WTC than Matej riding for Leicester !!!

Jan Graversen has put on facebook that he has a team place in the premiership next year and he's looking for a championship team. Can't see any premiership team apart from the Lions going in for Jan the man, first piece of our Lions jigsaw?

Jan Graversen has put on facebook that he has a team place in the premiership next year and he's looking for a championship team. Can't see any premiership team apart from the Lions going in for Jan the man, first piece of our Lions jigsaw?

Just looked at this. Isn't he just retweeting Kenneth Hansen's request for a Premiership doubling up place? Nothing to do with Jan signing anywhere!

Just looked at this. Isn't he just retweeting Kenneth Hansen's request for a Premiership doubling up place? Nothing to do with Jan signing anywhere!

Think you are getting Twitter and Facebook confused. This is what Jan has put on Facebook:

Countdown to the start of the season has begun! I can't wait to be back at the tapes in the Premiership after a year out! All soon to be revealed... I am still looking for a Championship team spot too, and anyone who maybe willing to offer sponsorship. #speedway #zuzel #premiershipspeedway #championshipspeedway #britishspeedway #circleracing #readyformarch

@stevethewomble

• Like 1

The league just gets worse and worse.

If we use him as our number 7, on a 4.00(ish) average he'll be competing with other number 7s and will almost feel like a homegrown rider to the Lions faithful. If our two brits are premiership quality riders, like Auty and Lawson who were heat leaders in last years premier league, i dont think Jan would be the worst (albeit, far from the best or most awe inspiring) signing