British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Wilbert is inconsistency personified, and it can be race to race let alone week to week.

Will be interesting to see how Riss and Huckenbeck compare across the season.

Danny Ayres is the weakest person in the Premiership

Seriously ?????? James Shanes , Ellis Perks , Zach Washyerneck , Nathan Greaves , I rest my case

• Like 3

Only if you ignore the fact that five (possibly six) teams will have a number 7 with a lower starting average. So with only Sarjeant and Graversen above Ayres that makes him one of the BETTER number sevens.

Riss is a bit hit and miss , never really progressed much last season after a decent opening season.

2016 opening green sheet 5.22

2016 final GS 6.85

• Like 4

Wilbert is inconsistency personified, and it can be race to race let alone week to week.

Will be interesting to see how Riss and Huckenbeck compare across the season.

Would you say Wolbert is the modern day Finn Jensen?? Brilliant one minute, a right ol wobbler the next!!

Put it this way, its a team, the club are running, changes may happen, and its something to build on into 2018.... look towards the long term if possible in speedway

That's one area where Leicester have been a little Lackluster. Looking to the Long term. Let's hope that changes

Edited by TMW

2016 opening green sheet 5.22

2016 final GS 6.85

Agreed.

Erik came on well enough last season.

Looking for an 8+ average this year.

Racing against far weaker opposition this time though he would be a very strong reserve in the current format

agree, he should be.

Seriously ?????? James Shanes , Ellis Perks , Zach Washyerneck , Nathan Greaves , I rest my case

exactly. Danny isn't the weakest at all.

Agreed.

Erik came on well enough last season.

Looking for an 8+ average this year.

Eric is progressing slowly and nicely.

Was hoping he would be at Wolves personally.

He looked mightily impressive at Monmore at last year's press and practice.

• Like 1

At first I was quite underwhelmed with this team. But the more I think about it , although still bottom half, considering its left overs and avoiding riders that would cause double up clashes. And Saturday nights too. It's probably as good as it was likely to be.

It's racers on a gaters track as far as a few of the guys are concerned though

A platform to build from and probably a budget team too.

Saturday's after this season will probably be an issue though. Say Kim and andrejs are in the gp and sec after this season. It stops the continuity of your best riders if they have individual ambitions. I know that's a big if though but surely it's a put off.

Hope it's a positive season though. The die hard deserve it after the past year or so

Agree with this. At the very least you could say it's an interesting team we've assembled. Find it a little strange our new owner is describing this team as a side of 'entertainers', on a track that allows minimal entertainment most of the time.

However, if track mods do take place and improve things, happy days

• Like 1

A rider I thought was worth a go in this League was Alex Egburge. Likes Leicester tough rider gave it 110% has the best equipment . Was action packed.

Colin Cook;

One of the most underrated Lions ever!! Especially around Blackbird Road, never say die attitude, could generate so much speed when chasing riders, and passing them more than not.....

One of my favourites ~ loved his style of riding and he was rather handsome too, not that I noticed of course. :lol: I wonder if he's got any of that hair left these days?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150145891272785&set=a.10150144289657785.323814.550797784&type=3&theater

..........Gavan............. When we thrashed everyone in 1998, it was such a boring season to watch, great that we won but sometimes by huge margins and no thrills at all.

I wouldn't be very keen on that either. Strangely enough one of the seasons I enjoyed the most at Coventry was 2004 when they came bottom of the league. You sort of get used to losing every week and just enjoy the racing. To put the icing on the cake The Cougars came bottom as well. :lol:

Edited by Gemini

I don't think the Lions septet is that bad. I would take Ayers over most of the numbpties the other teams have signed at #7. The Lions don't really have a stand out #1. But other than Lindgren, Holder & Doyle neither do any other team, there are few World Class rider in the "Premiership". I think Lebedevs & Wolbert could flourish in this mediocre league, as could Riss. Nilsson, Auty & Gomolski will do their job if they don't improve. I would take that septet over the other Midlands teams.

Ayres worst rider in the league, no chance. I fully expect to see him in the main body of the team before the end of the season.

And the Latvian could be the signing of the season.

Reckon they will finish bottom. Would be happy to see that 7 racing each week, but having racers won't help without changes to the track. Reckon they are stronger than say Somerset, but with less home advantage and not strong enough to win away.

• Like 1