British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Glasgow Kocup Final 1st Leg Sunday 23rd October 2016

Glasgow website says kus r/r

heart says 46-44 ........... head 39-51 now ......................

7 rides for Ashley tonight ... hope he's fit........... any news on Ashley and danny ?

i would have been tempted to bring Josh Bates in tonight (although not sure if this would be allowed as he has rode the last 2 weeks at Glasgow) as he has been pretty impressive at Ashfield and also would give 100% due to what has happened the other week. I knew Glasgow would be nip and tuck due to them having riders who ride Brough quite well but wasn't counting on Kus being out after his first ride and VP having a nightmare (am I right in thinking he changed his set up about 6 weeks ago?, which has seen his scores rocket down). As far DP - well I said it in May he should have been replaced and nothing has suggested to me that I was wrong in this as he is just not up to Premier League standard. Can't see anything but a comfortable Glasgow win and a big frustration that due to various reason a team who were big contenders in all formats this season will end up with nothing.

Edited by acclennell

i would have been tempted to bring Josh Bates in tonight (although not sure if this would be allowed as he has rode the last 2 weeks at Glasgow) as he has been pretty impressive at Ashfield and also would give 100% due to what has happened the other week. I knew Glasgow would be nip and tuck due to them having riders who ride Brough quite well but wasn't counting on Kus being out after his first ride and VP having a nightmare (am I right in thinking he changed his set up about 6 weeks ago?, which has seen his scores rocket down). As far DP - well I said it in May he should have been replaced and nothing has suggested to me that I was wrong in this as he is just not up to Premier League standard. Can't see anything but a comfortable Glasgow win and a big frustration that due to various reason a team who were big contenders in all formats this season will end up with nothing.

How are you thinking of including Josh Bates ?? If only one rider is out you have to use r/r (unless number 1 or reserves or some other loophole) Kus is obviously injured so it has to be rr unless you were suggest Pavlova does down with flu!!

ACC,,, Bates might have been a good choice, but it was said on here t'other week, that the 'guest 7 or 8 day rule' wasn't in force now, (remember Kerr a few weeks back),,, maybe with Bates having a final to be in, in the next couple of days, made it un-viable ?

ACC,,, Bates might have been a good choice, but it was said on here t'other week, that the 'guest 7 or 8 day rule' wasn't in force now, (remember Kerr a few weeks back),,, maybe with Bates having a final to be in, in the next couple of days, made it un-viable ?

When 'fans' don't even understand the basic rules what chance has any newcomers :sad:

How are you thinking of including Josh Bates ?? If only one rider is out you have to use r/r (unless number 1 or reserves or some other loophole) Kus is obviously injured so it has to be rr unless you were suggest Pavlova does down with flu!!

Spot on :t:

After his performances recently I wish he would. Didn't realise the rules only allowed r/r for one injured rider - big things need to change in the Summer across the board but they won't; as you can have a guest for your number 1 or reserve but not for another member of the team - crazy.

When 'fans' don't even understand the basic rules what chance has any newcomers :sad:

:t:

not much, the rules change all the time, so maybe that one has/had.

were you aware of the rule change that allowed Lewis Kerr to ride for Scunny one week, then a week later guest for Sheffield at Newcastle ?

or infact the rule that allowed you to replace a rider in heat 15, after breaking the tapes, with a better rider ?

the bloke who invented heat 15 probly couldn't understand that one, nevermind a newcomer,,,

Edited by ruffdiamond

Could anyone tell me the Bus service no 's that runs to Ashfield from city centre.

Number 75 and get off at the Gala bingo . I'm doing what MD says and getting the train from Queen Street to Ashfield

were you aware of the rule change that allowed Lewis Kerr to ride for Scunny one week, then a week later guest for Sheffield at Newcastle ?

What rule change? Kerr rides for Scunny.

You're not allowed to guest TWICE at the same track within a 180hour period.

• Like 1

Please please please no 3 hours long meeting. It's gonna be half baltic at tapes up and double baltic by ten o'clock.

BTW when is our curfew?

You're not allowed to guest TWICE at the same track within a 180hour period.

you are if your guesting for the home team, or has that changed ?

are you still 'on one' Dave ? ;)

would have to say NO to BOTH,,, Victor has looked poor at home recently, after some really nice performances,,, when he missed the gate he would often chop straight to the inside and usually gain an advantage but that seems to have been missing of late,,,

Tero, have nothing against him and think he done a great job for us, but unfortunately, his career has been blighted by injuries and they take there toll and may lead to further injuries occurring, so from a long term solution, he's a bit risky IMO :(

No, I got back for 4.00pm last night and walked past you twice last night.

you are if your guesting for the home team, or has that changed ?

Kerr now rides for Scunny after leaving Ippy.

• Like 1

So much being made of Kus' injury. He was excluded in his first heat. Morris got full points in the second and a second place in the 4th. Total was 5 from a possible 9. Given he fell twice in 2 laps I don't think that's too bad.

No, I got back for 4.00pm last night and walked past you twice last night.

Kerr now rides for Scunny after leaving Ippy.

a no Dave, a seen ye,,, your post read like a bit of a rant, so were you still 'on one' ;)

and a no Kerr rides for Scunny, the 'guest' situation is so ambiguous tho,,, making comprehension of the rules difficult.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

So much being made of Kus' injury. He was excluded in his first heat. Morris got full points in the second and a second place in the 4th. Total was 5 from a possible 9. Given he fell twice in 2 laps I don't think that's too bad.

But he top scored for us at your place a few meetings ago, so are you saying he won't be missed.