British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LifeIsSpeedway

Your Team For 2017

If there is a furter reduction in the quality of the product there needs to be a reduction in prices to go along with it or crowds will drop even more and the proposed reduction in costs will be a waste of time

When does any part of any entertainment industry reduce its quality year on year and, not only still expect people to turn up, but expect people to pay more for the privilege.

and promoters wonder why crowds are going down

The remaining hardcore will turn up irrespective of the price for the race to the bottom. Problem being that if any of those lose interest or can no longer attend for whatever reason then it's unlikely that anybody new has come on board to fill the void. Rather than trying to turn that around, their default setting each year now is water down the product and cross their fingers.

Rumours are 40.5 points limit new NL riders to come in on a 2

"new NL riders" meaning new NL riders in 2017

or

"new NL riders" not ridden in the PL before

or

"new NL riders" not declared in the PL before

Grey areas & interpretations!!!

• Like 1

"new NL riders" meaning new NL riders in 2017

or

"new NL riders" not ridden in the PL before

or

"new NL riders" not declared in the PL before

Grey areas & interpretations!!!

It interprets into a good reason to do something else so perfectly clear if implemented.

and the guys who have obtained an average of just over 3.00 are binned, just like branford last season. hope not .

• Like 1

and the guys who have obtained an average of just over 3.00 are binned, just like branford last season. hope not .

This is why I asked regarding the 3 pointer rule that was implemented this year - what is going to happen to these riders next year? As I thought the whole point of the exercise was to help British riders and British Speedway progress in the right direction???

i think 3 point riders who came into the pl and gained a slightly higher average should be allowed back into the pl on their new average @ number 7 . the likes of dan bewley who achieved a 4 point average should be able to return to the number 7 berth ,.. its the only way to keep young and old brits (ayres) in the pl and gaining experience .

big payment out at Glasgow for mr bewley .lol.

if we dont do this there will be an even bigger shortage of British talent around in future years .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

This is why I asked regarding the 3 pointer rule that was implemented this year - what is going to happen to these riders next year? As I thought the whole point of the exercise was to help British riders and British Speedway progress in the right direction???

If they were that bothered about that they'd put real effort in instead of annual tinkering to theoretically save costs. The progress snowball started down the wrong side of the hill years ago, it's got no brakes and has yet to hit the bottom. Having said that, what's your definition of right direction?

On that basis my side with plenty of room for improvement is

1. R. Wells - 7.71

2. T.Kurtz - 5.76

3. K.Doolan - 6.99

4. L.Bjerre - 6.65

5. Howarth - 7.18

6. M.Clegg - 4.04

7. T.Bacon - 2.00

Total 4.033

If it is 2 points for new riders from the NL Sheffield ought to get Jack Smith at reserve with JPB (been good for the Brummies this year) this will give more points to play with the top end. Will have to wait and see what they dream up at the meeting this time!

IF the EL were to increase teams and meetings then I can see the PL going to 2 reserves from the NL

and a lower points limit.

More PL riders would want to move up.

And the EL will probably put the team average up to around 48-50 to fit riders that can't get pl team

Edited by mac101