British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

I would have thought the first thing at any AGM would be that before a Team can declare for any League, that they first and foremost sign off to say all riders have been paid any outstanding monies, then and only then they can declare for the following season..

• Like 4

If not you it would be great to see a rider try a few meeting on an old bike. I know Lewis Bridger tried it at a NYC at Newport one season and was completely off the pace but that was probably now do to the fact it was a bike he found in the back of a shed and was totally unprepared.

Wasn't that bad a bike although not well prepped :-) to be fair he had never ridden an upright.

The engines would probably be competitive if you laid them down but I suspect that on modern slick tracks an upright would struggle against the laydowns.

Then again on a modern track at race speeds would an old Weslake etc be any better reliability wise with the way they are revving these days I doubt it.

Still think the rev limiter has the most potential given that you could over time reduce the limit to a point where extra flywheel weight would be more beneficial than a very short stroke engine. Would be interesting to know what happened to it given that the last we heard those who had actually ridden with it were largely in favour.

Wasn't that bad a bike although not well prepped :-) to be fair he had never ridden an upright.

The engines would probably be competitive if you laid them down but I suspect that on modern slick tracks an upright would struggle against the laydowns.

Then again on a modern track at race speeds would an old Weslake etc be any better reliability wise with the way they are revving these days I doubt it.

Still think the rev limiter has the most potential given that you could over time reduce the limit to a point where extra flywheel weight would be more beneficial than a very short stroke engine. Would be interesting to know what happened to it given that the last we heard those who had actually ridden with it were largely in favour.

in theory the rev limiter is the best idea but the thought of hitting the limiter mid turn and for a second the bike misfires and the back wheel grabs and throws you forward and at that point your revs come under the limit so you get 100% revs back it's is a disaster waiting to happen , it works in other motorsports cause they are 100% drive so when you hit limiter you just can't go faster but speedway needs the wheel spin , whatever the idea the engine needs not to able to reach whatever limit , not be able to reach it and then trigger the limiter Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

I would have thought the first thing at any AGM would be that before a Team can declare for any League, that they first and foremost sign off to say all riders have been paid any outstanding monies, then and only then they can declare for the following season..

If applied, that would empty the room very quickly I would imagine. :D

• Like 3

First announcement for 2017.

Rider cost cutting measures

CwLrBqXWYAATyT9.jpg

• Like 4

Any PL team coming up to the EL must take it seriously and have the capital behind them to compete in the league. I for one hope that any club coming up don't go the same route that David Hemsley had at Leicester, that is trying to run an EL team with one good No1 and a 6 other riders that would be hard pushed in the PL. He went down the same path for the 3 years that he ran things with teams on a shoe string budget, lost a lot of fans along the way, and placed the club in a right old financial mess. Hope they have all learnt from this leason on how not to run a speedway club. If as they say that the Lions are still going to be running in the EL in 2017, with the posibility of 3 more clubs coming to join the league from the PL, then where do all the extra half decent riders come from to make up the numbers. That is unless they have some big changes in the whole league structure for next season. Hopefully we should know about what thay have been planning at the local pub, anyone find any fag packets with what they intend doing left lying around on a table.

Any PL team coming up to the EL must take it seriously and have the capital behind them to compete in the league. I for one hope that any club coming up don't go the same route that David Hemsley had at Leicester, that is trying to run an EL team with one good No1 and a 6 other riders that would be hard pushed in the PL. He went down the same path for the 3 years that he ran things with teams on a shoe string budget, lost a lot of fans along the way, and placed the club in a right old financial mess. Hope they have all learnt from this leason on how not to run a speedway club. If as they say that the Lions are still going to be running in the EL in 2017, with the posibility of 3 more clubs coming to join the league from the PL, then where do all the extra half decent riders come from to make up the numbers. That is unless they have some big changes in the whole league structure for next season. Hopefully we should know about what thay have been planning at the local pub, anyone find any fag packets with what they intend doing left lying around on a table.

expecting both leagues to weaken esp premier

Somerset have declared themselves to be one of the interested parties, so it's a bit more than a rumour, not to say it might all fall through though.

Please no...I don't want to watch Elite league speedway...everything about it is rubbish atm.

IMO, somehow they need to remove the incompatibility between the bikes, tyres and track surfaces, thereby reducing riders' costs and improving the racing. Sending bikes for a service after 2 or 3 meetings is ridiculous.

What was the EL team ave this year? Think it was 41 or 41.5 but can't remember which!

Edited by szkocjasid

With Arena jumping out of the frying pan, which club or clubs are brave enough to jump into the fire? Perhaps this is the straw that breaks the camels back.

Please no...I don't want to watch Elite league speedway...everything about it is rubbish atm.

The racing was very good this season. didn't you post a while back and say that was the main thing you were interested in?
  • Like 2

What was the EL team ave this year? Think it was 41 or 41.5 but can't remember which!