British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies V Eastbourne Nl Grand Final 2nd Leg Wed 26th Oct

BIRMINGHAM: Mitchell Davey, Danyon Hume R/R, Darryl Ritchings, Tom Bacon, Tom Perry, Jack Smith, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn, Joe Lawlor (No.8)

EASTBOURNE: Adam Ellis, Gary Cottham R/R, Jake Knight, Nathan Stoneman, Ellis Perks, Charley Powell, Tom Brennan

Eastbourne not naming a number 8? That could be risky, (Whats Lee Geary doing tonight)??

Ellis, Perks and Knight got 35 between them last time, and Knight rode better than his 7 from what I recall. Barring mechanical failures or falls it's hard to see them not getting, at worst, within a couple of that again which leaves them needing very little from the rest. Would have felt more confident with Ayres and whilst Coles didn't ride very well last week, he should still be better than Stoneman so you may be able to knock a couple off there. The very best I can see based on that (33 for Ellis, Perks and Knight, 3 for Stoneman and 2 for the reserves) would leave us at 52-38 and do enough, so we couldn't afford any slip ups or any bad rides, and the chances of that happening are extremely unlikely.

Brummies by 8.

Edited by CUFC_Brummie
  • Like 1

Birmingham do NOT have a team that's strong 1-7 at all. Recent result have shown that we have a team that's strong from 3-7, plus an unreliable if not dodgy guest, that's only once put in a true #1 performance, plus Reidar Replacement that could be just as unreliable.

Against a team with a strong top two plus an impressive Jake Knight and and guessing that the Brummies will continue throwing some more points into the wind as they seem prone to do lately, I can't see the nostalgics or the romantics getting their way tonight. Brummies will do enough to win, but not by enough to get their hands on any silverware.

Are you seriously expecting Ellis Greaves and Adam Ellis to be on the wrong end of early 5-1's? Can't see any "Ellis heat" being anything better than a 3-3 from the Brummies perspective, or even heat advantages to Eastbourne, sadly.

No I'm not really expecting it and obviously hope the 5/1's against us don't happen, but I wasn't expecting Adam to fall off whilst leading by half a lap in heat one on Sunday giving you a 3 point start! Been going long enough to expect the unexpected, Tom Brennen could gate in heat 2 and beat your super reserves, unlikely but not impossible. Edited by gazzac

You're all underestimating Stoneman's contribution.

Birmingham have been the best team this season but I think Eastbourne's performance on Sunday will win it for them.

You were saying islander?? Scoring freely at no7 means bugger all riding at no4.

Well done brum, best team all year.

A horror story on the managerial front from eagles tonight tbh.

• Like 1

Well done Brum. Would have been a travesty had they not won.

Very odd choice of guest in Stoneman for the Eagles, probably what decided it in the Brummies favour tbh.

Good to see the team that finished top win the play-offs. I suspect the Eagles will win the cup still.

Well I didn't see this coming. Best Brummies performance of the year. Happy to add ketchup mustard and mayo on my words and eat them with relish. :)

• Like 1

Best team won on the night and well done, just a shame Eastbourne didn't turn up with a team, disregarding Stoneman were never going to win it with the 2 reserves and r/r . Only wonder was the lack of faith from some Brummie fans, always knew if Brum started as I suggested they would that it would quickly swing back in your favour.

Well done Brummies. Hopefully the Eagles will do the business on Sunday then everyone will be happy.

Congratulations to everyone associated with the Brummies League and Title win; the management, the club officials, the riders, the riders' family and friends and the supporters who I have found to be amongst the friendliest and most knowledgeable in the country.

Who says that you can't win anything with kids?

• Like 1

Just proves playoffs are a waste of time. Had we won it would be hollow as we haven't been the best team all year. Stoneman strange guest, shame hopwood was injured.

• Like 1