British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
damosuzuki

Glasgow 2017

I've got to admit I thought Glasgow would have gone up before Somerset.fair play though maybe there not quite ready yet,

I've got to admit I thought Glasgow would have gone up before Somerset.fair play though maybe there not quite ready yet,

The Glasgow owners are also business men

• Like 1

NL riders who don't have a PL average like Tom Bacon will come in as a 2

No they won't, newcomers come in on a three, those who have already rode PL and not reached a three will come in on a two. Seems odd to me but that's the way it is.

Manse is correct - the likes of Bacon, Jack Smith etc will come in on 2 point averages.

• Like 2

No they won't, newcomers come in on a three, those who have already rode PL and not reached a three will come in on a two. Seems odd to me but that's the way it is.

The wording is :

"'Championship clubs must include include a young Brit with a 3-point average. In a bid to help young riders get a team spot any rider who hasn't achieved a 3-point average will come in on a minimum of 2'."

As the likes of Smith & Bacon have not achieved a 3 pt ave by not being part of a declared Championship club, then they should come in on 2.

IMO the ambiguity is for the likes of existing Championship riders who never attained an actual 3 pt average based on results, such as Danny Phillips, Nathan Greaves, etc. However they appear on the Green Sheets as 3.00. Say their actual average was 2.82, do they come in on, 2, 3, or 2.82?

Likewise what is the definition of a "young Brit" - is it under 19, under 21, under 25, under 30, etc., and also is it someone born in the UK, or of British parentage, or a naturalized UK citizen?

The wording is :

"'Championship clubs must include include a young Brit with a 3-point average. In a bid to help young riders get a team spot any rider who hasn't achieved a 3-point average will come in on a minimum of 2'."

As the likes of Smith & Bacon have not achieved a 3 pt ave by not being part of a declared Championship club, then they should come in on 2.

IMO the ambiguity is for the likes of existing Championship riders who never attained an actual 3 pt average based on results, such as Danny Phillips, Nathan Greaves, etc. However they appear on the Green Sheets as 3.00. Say their actual average was 2.82, do they come in on, 2, 3, or 2.82?

Likewise what is the definition of a "young Brit" - is it under 19, under 21, under 25, under 30, etc., and also is it someone born in the UK, or of British parentage, or a naturalized UK citizen?

Good points ( I can't believe I'vre just said that) presumably these will be clarified in the new regs. If they put all the detail in the press release it would be 30 pages long :wink:

Another wee suggest for a team, based on yesterday's news and while we all try to get around the proposed regulations:-

Lawson 8.17

Bewley 3.9 (with reduction?)

Holder 7.16

Vissing 6.76

Summers 8.13

Sissis 3.79

Smith 2

Total - 39.91

Another wee suggest for a team, based on yesterday's news and while we all try to get around the proposed regulations:-

Lawson 8.17

Bewley 3.9 (with reduction?)

Holder 7.16

Vissing 6.76

Summers 8.13

Sissis 3.79

Smith 2

Total - 39.91

Surely Lunna & Worrall need to be considered??

• Like 1

Sissis is an overseas riders who can no longer return on a 3.79

Sissis has a Greek passport.

Sissis has a Greek passport.

Would he not still have to revert to 5.00 as a European?

Edited by Mad Max

Glasgow final averages not on BSPA yet as Edinburgh away still to be included