British Speedway Forum

Awesome way for the Rockets to start with the champions and one of the higher rated teams this year.

Delighted for you all getting the best side as your first visitors. :wink:

• Like 2

Awesome way for the Rockets to start with the champions and one of the higher rated teams this year.

Oh yess! Might even go down for this meeting, should be good!

• Like 1

What a marker it will lay down when we hammer the defending champs aswell 😂😀 Edited by phillipsr
  • Like 1

What a marker it will lay down when we hammer the defending champs aswell

Won't mean a thing - play-off's are what really matters!! You'll get used to it!! :D;)

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 1

What a marker it will lay down when we hammer the defending champs aswell

That's the spirit, believe you stand a chance. :rofl:

Rye moving up to the top flite and investing heavily and we have are first meeting on April fool's......😕

Oh what the hell.😀

Glad to see it's on a Saturday.

if all goes to plan I'll be at the Rockets v Wolves meeting with TNT, and one thing is for sure I wont be shouting for the Wolves

• Like 1

Looking forward to my first ever trip to Rye House in 2017. For some reason the place has alluded me. Missed those huge Poole wins there with Boycey, Langdons back in the day. Don't think Poole have ridden there since so I will definately be making the effort in what will probably be a clash of the top two teams.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Looking forward to my first ever trip to Rye House in 2017. For some reason the place has alluded me. Missed those huge Poole wins there with Boycey, Langdons back in the day. Don't think Poole have ridden there since so I will definately be making the effort in what will probably be a clash of the top two teams.

My first ever speedway meeting was Rye v Poole in September 1985, first part of a double header. Back then they were the Wildcats. Poole won 40-38, Rob Woffinden broke a collarbone in his second outing. Rockets smashed Edinburgh 57-21 in the second half.

Can't remember many of the Poole riders that day, the programme is buried in a box somewhere, but the name Stan Bear stands out.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Probably Martin Yeates and Steve Schofield in there somewhere?

Probably Martin Yeates and Steve Schofield in there somewhere?

David Biles, Marcus Bisson, Kevin Smith, Ray Dole, Stan Bear, Martin Yeates, Dave Gibbs.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2