British Speedway Forum

think someone needs to remember they are now in the top league in the UK so far a poor side

Think someone needs to remember this is NOT the Elite League, it might still be the top tier, but it's a good step down from the EL.

Shocking side for prem..how far under the limit is it!?

just 0.19, pretty close

• Like 3

That's not a very good side.

Fair play to Somerset assuming they've assembled it within their means however. I can see them being near the foot of the table though.

Think you are correct, a fair summary..

They obviously know 'moving up' won't give them 500 more through the gate each week (maybe even no increase at all some weeks?) so have cut their cloth accordingly..

Winning their home meetings will be their primary objective and, in such a watered down League this team should deliver that more often than not..

No point bankrupting the club in trying to win an irrelevant competition. Much better to still be in a strong (or at least manageable) financial position by the end of the season..

I would almost suggest that this Somerset team could be a 'blue print' for all PL teams the season after this one?

• Like 2

Think you are correct, a fair summary..

They obviously know 'moving up' won't give them 500 more through the gate each week (maybe even no increase at all some weeks?) so have cut their cloth accordingly..

Winning their home meetings will be their primary objective and, in such a watered down League this team should deliver that more often than not..

No point bankrupting the club in trying to win an irrelevant competition. Much better to still be in a strong (or at least manageable) financial position by the end of the season..

I would almost suggest that this Somerset team could be a 'blue print' for all PL teams the season after this one?

Moving up may not bring in many extra, but getting beaten regularly will lose you plenty.

Gravesen ffs.

Edited by Noodles

Think someone needs to remember this is NOT the Elite League, it might still be the top tier, but it's a good step down from the EL.

just 0.19, pretty close

yes and it certainly isn't 2016 PL either - if the team been built on a limited budget then fear do's no point in bankrupting the club look what happened to other clubs Birmingham and further back in time Berwick when they both moved up - so that isn't a sensible route to go down but on paper the team doesn't look strong but good luck to 2017 Rebles side .

Moving up may not bring in many extra, but getting beaten regularly will lose you plenty.

Gravesen ffs.

I think most teams will have a 'ffs' given the level of both leagues..😁

Bradley has to be the most unluckiest rider having missed out on both Somerset AND Swindon really pissed for him but on his average should be easy to bring into either side after the first set of averages maybe for either Graversen or Grondal.....

MonsterDaz talking crap as per usual, horrific? That side will take some stopping around The Oak Tree and i think for thi season alone that is of the upmost importance for The Rebels, looking at other sides not many will fancy there chances round there although peronally Graversen looks an odd signing but maybe just maybe he is the intentional lamb to be sacrifices as soon as the averages lower in conjunction with the 42 limit? Hougaard i can see improving away next season and Starke is useful more or less everywhere he goes now, it's alright that side apart from one

• Like 1

Wilson dean must be choked,they changed the rules to stop him having another year in nl 2016,somerset had the balls to take him on a 5 when all relevant others were on a 3, he achieved the 5 including some time at n2 , somehow the rebels have built the team round others and ended up with graveson frs

Bradley has to be the most unluckiest rider having missed out on both Somerset AND Swindon really pissed for him but on his average should be easy to bring into either side after the first set of averages maybe for either Graversen or Grondal.....

MonsterDaz talking crap as per usual, horrific? That side will take some stopping around The Oak Tree and i think for thi season alone that is of the upmost importance for The Rebels, looking at other sides not many will fancy there chances round there although peronally Graversen looks an odd signing but maybe just maybe he is the intentional lamb to be sacrifices as soon as the averages lower in conjunction with the 42 limit? Hougaard i can see improving away next season and Starke is useful more or less everywhere he goes now, it's alright that side apart from one

Can't believe Bradley has missed out on a place would of loved him at Swindon.Just hope he gets something sorted out before March, it will be a shame if he can't carry on with the progress he has made in the last two seasons. Edited by Sidney the robin

What people fail to take in, this is a team that won the premier with relative ease. Take into account a watered down league. Hougaard and Graversen will score more than BWD (even though i'm gutted not to see him) and Wajtknecht. People are so quick to judge when if you think about it, this team is very strong at home.

• Like 1

Wilson-Dean has signed for Peterborough along with Starke

Saw that coming but still a Somerset asset might just want him to have another season in the second tier. I highly doubt gazza has overlooked him completely.

Haha i'm going to love us shutting a lot of you up next season especially Poole. What gives you the right to downgrade us before a wheel has even turned?

lets hope you do.

the trolls from Poole jump on other teams threads at will to openly mock other sides whilst trying to big up there own. Klindt all of a sudden in their eyes is a world beater.

Maybe you wont win at Poole but i think you will beat them at your place.

Tungate vs KK= KK easily everyday still a very good rider

Grajczonek there is a reason why he doesn't ride for us vs Hans= Hans is still a much better rider

Hougaard vs Kurtz= Good signing and will be there or there about vs Brady depends how Brady kicks on

Starke vs Holder= Holder has 7.16 average for a reason and will have better gear

Wright vs Newman= More times than not Newman wins

Allen vs Klindt= Best reserve ahhahahahahaa where have you been. Klindt is on par with your third heat leader well they were last season

Graversen vs Shanes= Yes you win than one but shanes will come for you.

So its Poole 5, Rebels 1, Draw 1= Which to me equals a thrashing.

There isn't a lot of potential they are all riders who have had there chance with bigger clubs, Josh G, Tungate, Wright and Starke and well none of them really made an effort and well every rider can chose where to ride in this day. To think you all thought you were getting Holder. You have 3 heat leaders who are the same as 1 heat leader and 2 2nd strings.

Tungate can outscore KK at home

Josh likewise with Hans

Kurtz hasnt signed for Poole yet but on a par with Hougaard

Starke v Holder can easily be won by Starke both home and away

Wright and Newman nothing between them though again Newman hasnt signed yet

Allen is a far more accomplished rider than the gating tart who all of a sudden will be an 8 point rider under Middlo. Klindt wont get close away.

Graversen and Shanes similar

At home Poole should win but away i hope you get thumped.

lets hope you do.

the trolls from Poole jump on other teams threads at will to openly mock other sides whilst trying to big up there own. Klindt all of a sudden in their eyes is a world beater.

Maybe you wont win at Poole but i think you will beat them at your place.

Would love to as Kasprzak apart all of our riders are very much capable of beating their opposite average counterpart. Even then Somerset Tungate is a million times better than Swindon Tungate so he will give Kasprzak a good battle at the OTA.