British Speedway Forum

Not what you said in an earlier post quote(I have my own opinion if people don't like it don't reply.)

Simple really. Likewise..

Simple really. Likewise..

Starry me old mate, i saw you a few times at the OTA las season, instead of engaging in 'warfare' with your forum feuds, why don't you enlighten us with your memories from the Rebels historic season?

• Like 2

Get on with ya. Gavan cannot debate, he clearly hasn't got the brains to debate. He can try and debate with none Poole fans. If we dont agree with him he doesn't like it and makes it known..

I think most would debate with Gavan over a batchelor like you.

I jest sommelier. Gavan provides decent debate, but is slightly vulnerable to a little bit of winding up, especially where starman and Shov are concerned! :)

Starman isn't clever enough to wind anyone up.

You need to get over yourself. People dont disagree because its you. They disagree because you consistently post ridiclous things

Well said but that comes from living alone.

No Gemini, with Rye House moving up, and Plymouth moving down, they would have been mad to stay in a league where there nearest opponent would have been Peterborough, and every away fixture would have required a huge amount of travelling and the related cost, where virtually every opponent, bar Peterborough & Ipswich are based in the northern half of the country. A league where the prospect of any amount decent away support, in terms of numbers, would have been virtually zero.

Excuse me , Bill , Alan and myself boost the economy of the local drinking establishments when hitting Highbridge :drink: . But I get your point about the similarities between Somerset moving up and us not .

• Like 2

Very surprised Gavan hasn't been on here going on about how Tungate 'struggled' in the Aussie Champs, finishing 8th out of 16!!

Shocking performance for a Premiership Number 1 who also once rode for Poole - but not a word from Gav!!? How very strange he is. ;-)

• Like 1

Very surprised Gavan hasn't been on here going on about how Tungate 'struggled' in the Aussie Champs, finishing 8th out of 16!!

Shocking performance for a Premiership Number 1 who also once rode for Poole - but not a word from Gav!!? How very strange he is. ;-)

Didn't Tungate get a nasty knock to his elbow in the first round, could have something to do with his total score

Get on with ya. Gavan cannot debate, he clearly hasn't got the brains to debate. He can try and debate with none Poole fans. If we dont agree with him he doesn't like it and makes it known..

Pan, Kettle !!

• Like 1

Tungates current form in oz must be a concern

Fair enough at least you guys can actually answer without resorting to a slanging match.

On the Poole thread ive remarked how the defending champion is having a poor time of things and basically been shouted down that he isnt but thats the Poole fans for you, your not allowed an opinion lol

When was that? He scored 10 in round one and has been off the pace the next 2 rounds. What meeting you looking at?

looking for sympathy? From who and for what? I asked about Tungates form and had perfectly reasonable answers. On the Poole thread 3 of their fans spoil for an argument.

No idea what you mean about sympathy!!!

oops!! If your going to post at least get your facts straight!! I asked on here about Tungates form but I got proper answers unlike from some Poole fans.

So next time you post have a little look back over the thread.

Oh and i wouldn't expect Tungate to finish above Kurtz. He didn't last year and didn't this year

I think you are a little bit obsessed with Gavan! He obviously gets to you ;)

In terms of the whole Aussie champs thing, I've never really taken it too seriously as an indicator of UK form a few weeks later. Riders could be testing equipment etc and their performances over a three/four round series very rarely reflect a long UK season although in this instance Sam Masters was always a likely winner.

• Like 1

I think you are a little bit obsessed with Gavan! He obviously gets to you ;)

In terms of the whole Aussie champs thing, I've never really taken it too seriously as an indicator of UK form a few weeks later. Riders could be testing equipment etc and their performances over a three/four round series very rarely reflect a long UK season although in this instance Sam Masters was always a likely winner.

Really when it now gets you a slot in the Aussie GP if you win it?.

The only thing I seen tested the other nite at Kurri kurri was the strength of Sedgy's table after a bad ride!!

Pan, Kettle !!

I thought it was pot kettle, but nevermind must be a West country thing.. ;)

oops!! If your going to post at least get your facts straight!! I asked on here about Tungates form but I got proper answers unlike from some Poole fans.

So next time you post have a little look back over the thread.

Oh and i wouldn't expect Tungate to finish above Kurtz. He didn't last year and didn't this year

I meant after the series was complete!!

You know that's when the final positions are completed.

BTW I haven't said anything about expecting Tungate to finish above, below or equal to Kurtz - merely that he's a Premiership Number 1.

I thought it was pot kettle, but nevermind must be a West country thing.. ;)

Afraid not, wrong again definately not West Country :neutral:

Edited by Buttons
  • Like 1

Hey guys, instead of girning on about stupid stuff, why not use this thread to discuss the coming season, highlighting the Rebels being in the top grade of UK speedway and getting behind Josh, Rohan, Jake and the rest of your squad?

• Like 3

Hey guys, instead of girning on about stupid stuff, why not use this thread to discuss the coming season, highlighting the Rebels being in the top grade of UK speedway and getting behind Josh, Rohan, Jake and the rest of your squad?

By referring to "your squad" it seems like you have targeted your comment at Somerset fans. Without looking back at the thread itself, which I read as it gets updated, I have to say that I think you are really referring to the non-Somerset fans.

To be perfectly honest with you, if other Somerset fans are anything like me, I feel that we have lost our "home" and moved into a "house" with us moving up a tier. I don't particularly like this board with all its bickering and in-fighting. It feels like most fans are supportive of their teams and dismissive of the rest than on the board we were in. That's why I'm now more of an observer than a contributor although I wasn't a big poster in any case. Over the years I've seen forum members go from a large crowd of friendly and enthusiastic fans in the CL days to a few die-hards now. Shame really. I'll still be there this coming season though and live in hope that I'm suitably excited. :neutral:

• Like 8