British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

The issue of him replacing Mason isn't really a problem when you consider their ages. However, why he wants to come back after the serious injuries he has sustained previously is incredible.

Yes, I thought that as well, he's certainly had his fair share over his career.

Let's see how Paul performs when riding on a regular basis, on some tracks that are not familiar to him. If he finishes the season on a 10 point average, then lakeside have pulled a smart one.

Nicely manipulated from lakers, a million mile better than mason

So, does anyone actually know what average he's coming in on?

It doesn't matter, averages mean very little anymore.

Ofcourse it matters they've simply signed a rider on a fake average thus not being within the points limit and breaking the rules

LAKESIDE HAMMERS PRESS RELEASE

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/hammers-in-a-hurry/

I think everybody already knows, judging by the discussion that is already happening...

Ofcourse it matters they've simply signed a rider on a fake average thus not being within the points limit and breaking the rules

It will be interesting to see what his average actually is when the new averages for Lakeside are posted on the BSPA.

Averages aside i just hope Paul Hurry's body holds up to taking on speedway again. Theres no doubting his class but had been told previously the bone in his arm is in a bad way and that even his return to grasstrack was misguided. Fingers crossed for one last safe hurrah but i do fear for his safety.

Based on the latest green sheets, David's average will be 7.48 or less unless more than one change is made.

Based on the latest green sheets, David's average will be 7.48 or less unless more than one change is made.

These are the most recent Lakeside Hammers' averages according to the SGB tables.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/lakeside17

These are the most recent Lakeside Hammers' averages according to the SGB tables.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/lakeside17

The current Green Sheet (Issue 8 from 18th May) are the ones that will be used for team building.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/nl17_issue_8.pdf

If Lakeside have pulled off this change within the rules ( Hurry for Mason), then I do not understand the rules. Good luck to Hurry for a late

surge in his career. On the grass he has shown no loss of his ability in the meetings he has ridden so far. I thought his assessed average from his

earlier Speedway career was in excess of 10.5, so how did that figure get reduced sufficiently to allow this change ? Will make the Hammers an almost

unbeatable side I reckon.

Looking at it all they have really done is put another number 1 in the side, I dont think the BSPA will allow it, they think they have got all of it covered and passed by the BSPA but i have not seen a new team dec at the moment.

If they dont make it stick then i have to say if i was Magic i would stick my 2 fingers up to lakeside for they way he has been treated. Also i ask the question who is running the speedway, if it is Peter Morrish then i am sorry you have to have an RR on you as your too old.

I hope the other NL clubs, the IOW in particular, are appealing this. Why should Hurry get an assessed average when Harland Cook who hasn't raced for just as long isn't allowed to ride on a three point average.

Hurry has an EL average which should be converted to give him a NL figure or at the very least he should be coming in on an average which means he could only sign in place of Morley or Wajknecht.

• Like 2