British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

Looks like Lakeside have pulled off a master stroke in getting Hurry approved at that average.

It will now surely encourage others to follow suit.

Looks like Lakeside have pulled off a master stroke in getting Hurry approved at that average.

It will now surely encourage others to follow suit.

Perhaps a phone call to David Norris by Eastie, surely he'd be back on a sub 8 point!

Perhaps a phone call to David Norris by Eastie, surely he'd be back on a sub 8 point!

Or the Warriors can fix their bottom end with Davey Watt on his current Premiership 3.something average 😉

Or the Warriors can fix their bottom end with Davey Watt on his current Premiership 3.something average 😉

Pop on the ferry to Pompey docks Islander, sure you could fix your bottom end there if Davy doesn't want the trip over!

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

Can see why lakeside fans dont wanna go and watch that every week. Boring. Gate n go. Well done lakeside thou, be suprised if either team finish top 4 thou.

Having seen some clips from today's and other meetings I have to unfortunately agree, the track this season has resembled one that we have seen all too often when it's on the telly, dry, with a blue groove soon appearing and very little in the way of passing.

In fact it's gone back to circa 2004/2005 under big Ron.

Having seen some clips from today's and other meetings I have to unfortunately agree, the track this season has resembled one that we have seen all too often when it's on the telly, dry, with a blue groove soon appearing and very little in the way of passing.

In fact it's gone back to circa 2004/2005 under big Ron.

Track has not been like that for any of the evening meetings. Was like that for the afternoon Eastbourne meeting. Edited by liam

They say the camera never lies, well I've seen several heats from every home meeting and the constant trend has been processional racing around the inside.

Maybe there has been the odd classic? But I can only go by what I've seen and read on the speedway updates and YouTube and that has not been enough to convince me to want to see more in person.

They say the camera never lies, well I've seen several heats from every home meeting and the constant trend has been processional racing around the inside.

Maybe there has been the odd classic? But I can only go by what I've seen and read on the speedway updates and YouTube and that has not been enough to convince me to want to see more in person.

Well from someone who has been to the all the meetings except yesterday I can say the track has been good for the evening meetings and their has been plenty of passing and Iam pretty sure anyone who went would say the same. Not saying every race has been a classic but what meeting is. No dust and no blue groove in any of them meetings. I have see you say before about meeting just being raced on the inside line and it's simply not true, Zach and Alfie have made plenty of passes round the outside mate. Maybe you should pop along to a meeting rather than making your mind up from YouTube. I remember my football team signing a player once and YouTube made him look like Messi then he turned out to be useless ;) Edited by liam
  • Like 1

I just think that's lakeside in general? If they were to make t grippy there wouldn't be any riders left other than hurry Morley and waj lol

Good post Liam,the knockers appear to be mostly those who do not attend///

• Like 1

For a hot sunny afternoon, the track was well prepared and received due care and attention during the meeting. It is simply not true to say everything took place around the inside line indeed, far from it.

Internet warriors should leave objective opinions to those who were actually there!

• Like 2

And Deano on a six.

I wasn't their yesterday so can't comment but the evening meetings have been good. I won't go afternoon meetings anymore because they are normally quite poor in my opinion.