British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

I don't need to be their when i evidence such as this and frankly you only make yourself look an idiot trying to defend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w155a3lhsS8

Can you just tell us whereabouts on the clip we can see the blue groove you were talking about because I caluldnt see one?

I wasn't there but apart from dust in the latter part of the meeting and a very dry patch going into bend three it was almost impossible to tell what the track was like. It's almost always a given that the track will not be as good in daytime meetings as others have said bug it's virtually impossible to comment further from these camera angles. As usual you are having a moan for the sake it. What I saw, as most weeks was Lakeside with a strong top end that could hardly be touched and reserves that were not up to the job, especially Laurence who is still no better than he was 10 years ago. That's not so much to do with the track as the riders

They say the camera never lies, well I've seen several heats from every home meeting and the constant trend has been processional racing around the inside.

Maybe there has been the odd classic? But I can only go by what I've seen and read on the speedway updates and YouTube and that has not been enough to convince me to want to see more in person.

I think the processional racing is caused mainly by the rules in the league and it's 39 point total, most teams are too heavy to cater for it. You can only have a 3 point unattached rider to guest at 6 or 7. You have to have RR for your 1st rider absent which if it is a 2nd string you are stuffed unless you have a ringer reserve (res who is res in ave only) that said, I've seen some cracking ht 13's and 15's

I don't need to be their when i evidence such as this and frankly you only make yourself look an idiot trying to defend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w155a3lhsS8

I was there ​and I have also watched the one dimensional clip. I am not trying to 'defend it' as you say, merely offering my opinion based on actually being there. In this league, given the massive disparity between heat leaders and the rest (particularly re Lakeside given the strength of the top three) some processional racing is inevitable.

You have your opinion (based on video) and exercise your choice not attend - fine by me. As for 'idiot' you demean yourself by using the word.

• Like 2

Tony E,,I to was there and i think you will agree the racing improved in the second half of the meeting when riders like Perry found the right lines to challenge our top boys ...Plus some interesting battles with some of the bottom end riders ..i am beginning to think some of the knockers preferred Elite League,and no longer attend because its National League....?

Too right they don't. The chances of the hammers ever returning to the top flight are probably zero, so they had better get used to it.

i am beginning to think some of the knockers preferred Elite League,and no longer attend because its National League....?

At £13 quid a pop to watch amateurs, can you honestly blame them?

For an extra fiver, Rye House are offering Top-tier racing; in a stadium fit for purpose (with good viewing and excellent facilities).

It's a no-brainer really - isn't it?

Rye house a stadium fit for purpose, you're having a laugh. The place is little more than a glorified building site. I'm a regular at both rye and lakeside, and both venues are lacking in spectator facilities.

• Like 3

Afternoon meetings are poorer anywhere imo, I doubt it's a Lakeside issue. Whilst Lakeside's top heavy and pretty unbalanced team is going to inevitably make processional racing. Not many riders will beat Morley, Zach or Hurry but then lots of teams bottom 3 riders are better than Couzins, Spooner & Laurence, but even if the Hammers' trio gate then you're talking about weaker opposition riders who won't be good at passing anyway! But most of the moans seem to be from Claret73, who moans at everything and hasnt even gone in the flesh.

At £13 quid a pop to watch amateurs, can you honestly blame them?

For an extra fiver, Rye House are offering Top-tier racing; in a stadium fit for purpose (with good viewing and excellent facilities).

It's a no-brainer really - isn't it?

Unfortunately top tier in British Speedwáy no longer means top quality, far from it. Plenty of people object to paying£18 for top tier gating.

You pays your money and takes your choice. Unfortunately in Claret 73's case he doesn't pay his money but just sits at home moaning instead of getting a life. I can well understand people giving up on modern Speedwáy. I just can't understand why they constantly moan about it instead of finding something they do enjoy.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1

Unfortunately top tier in British Speedwáy no longer means top quality, far from it. Plenty of people object to paying£18 for top tier gating.

You pays your money and takes your choice. Unfortunately in Claret 73's case he doesn't pay his money but just sits at home moaning instead of getting a life. I can well understand people giving up on modern Speedwáy. I just can't understand why they constantly moan about it instead of finding something they do enjoy.

If you really want to have a good moan about the club pop along to the Lakeside fans forum ;)

Is he any good?

What do you think?

Early in 2016 Kent Kings had an option on Connor Locke but eventually opted against signing him.

http://www.kentkings.co/news.php?extend.570

Since then he has also had Links to Rye House Raiders and King's Lynn Young Stars.

Edited by Guest