British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

By the end of May we will have one, all be it a young one!

Having thought about it, with Tom at 1, assume Bates at 2, perhaps Coles and Wood at 3/4 and Baseby at 5, Powell and Dugard at reserve, still looks a pretty strong team, especially if Dugard and Coles can raise their game.

We should not put too much pressure on Tom. No 1 at 15 is pretty incredible and must be a record. Dan Bewlay was19 which makes a big difference , both physically and mentally.

Tom has had three successive heat 15's now and scored 3 points . I anticipate his average will drop and I would like to see him slot in at No3 unless of course he does prove to be a 'wonder kid' but I don't want to saddle him with that expectation.

Kelsey is a different proposition, he is having a lot of mechanical problems and showing much frustration. When not bedevilled by this he is showing a lot of commitment and has put in some good rides. At reserve and when martin overcomes the mechanical gremlins I can see a big jump in his scores.

Connor Coles remains my big worry, not too strong at the gate and not to comfortable thereafter. I don't think Arlington is quite his track but he did do well at Plymouth so perhaps he will earn his keep away from home which really would be welcome.

The other 4 are all going well in their respective places and I think there is more to come from them all.

• Like 1

We should not put too much pressure on Tom. No 1 at 15 is pretty incredible and must be a record. Dan Bewlay was19 which makes a big difference , both physically and mentally.

Tom has had three successive heat 15's now and scored 3 points . I anticipate his average will drop and I would like to see him slot in at No3 unless of course he does prove to be a 'wonder kid' but I don't want to saddle him with that expectation.

Kelsey is a different proposition, he is having a lot of mechanical problems and showing much frustration. When not bedevilled by this he is showing a lot of commitment and has put in some good rides. At reserve and when martin overcomes the mechanical gremlins I can see a big jump in his scores.

Connor Coles remains my big worry, not too strong at the gate and not to comfortable thereafter. I don't think Arlington is quite his track but he did do well at Plymouth so perhaps he will earn his keep away from home which really would be welcome.

The other 4 are all going well in their respective places and I think there is more to come from them all.

Agree about Tom really and rather he'd have gone to 3/4, but as the gap in average between him and the others is fairly great he may well stay at no 1. This is all fairly typical of a strength in depth team where I suppose 1 of 3 riders could possibly be at no1. Think you're right about Kelsey , do think the problem with Connor is the Newcastle , Eastbourne travelling, if he was riding just for us, or with another closer team, hopefully would improve, but that's out of our hands. Edited by gazzac

You could argue the same has happened with jpb at brum and both teams are built very much the same

Why is KL postponed?

after watching an awfully weak Lynn side at kent tonight, Saturdays postponement is not a bad thing.

With a few cup matches coming up the cancellation keeps Brennan at reserve for them.

On the flip side if changes were afoot what better fixture to up riders averages then a home meeting with a team that has 1 team leader in it atm.

With a few cup matches coming up the cancellation keeps Brennan at reserve for them.

On the flip side if changes were afoot what better fixture to up riders averages then a home meeting with a team that has 1 team leader in it atm.

Not sure that is right about Brennan. All that has happened is that instead of Kings Lynn this week for his 4th match it will now be Plymouth next week. He gets no extra meetings at reserve just a switch between two not dissimilar teams. As I understand it a new average kicks in automatically after 4 League fixtures not upon the monthly update.

7 days after hunters so brennan stays at reserve for Plymouth and Kent away which will make the koc 10 x easier against Kent

7 days after hunters so brennan stays at reserve for Plymouth and Kent away which will make the koc 10 x easier against Kent

It should make sure Eastbourne progress, but we've already seen this season that Brennan hasn't been used well tactically.

Just means in the KOC that Brennan won't have 3 rides against the almost unbeaten at home Luke Bowen.

How was Bewley 19? When he was born in 1999? He only turns 18 on Saturday

We should not put too much pressure on Tom. No 1 at 15 is pretty incredible and must be a record.

Zach Wajknecht did it in 2015.

Correct. Bewley was 16 when he joined Belle Vue last year.

And while Tom Brennan and the other 15-year-olds had a couple of years in Speedway's youth leagues before NL, Bewley only sat on a speedway bike for the first time three months before he signed!

We should be encouraging youth from whichever route it comes

It is great to see that the British u21 team in 3 years could see

Lambert

Bewley

Brennan

Jenkins

Bickley

The only thing I fear for Jenkins and brennan is their location. With the championship being basically a northern league + ipswich they won't have the opportunists to ride as Bickley does who seems to get to ride everywhere? Maybe Ipswich reserve pairing of brennan and Jenkins.

Probably because when I looked on the internet to find out I made it an a not an e in his name and got the wrong lad.

It is great to see that the British u21 team in 3 years could see

Lambert

Bewley

Brennan

Jenkins

Bickley

The only thing I fear for Jenkins and brennan is their location. With the championship being basically a northern league + ipswich they won't have the opportunists to ride as Bickley does who seems to get to ride everywhere? Maybe Ipswich reserve pairing of brennan and Jenkins.

Add JPB to that list