British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

Terrible news, presumably Grass Tracking. Lets hope it is not as bad as first thought and does not have any adverse effect on his career.

The penalty I suppose of being an out and out racer.

Terrible news, presumably Grass Tracking. Lets hope it is not as bad as first thought and does not have any adverse effect on his career.

The penalty I suppose of being an out and out racer.

Nothing is broken..

• Like 1

Just as we'd got the strong top 3 we needed... Hope hope it's not as bad as first thought

Great news if nothings broken, but a suspected broken pelvis is still a pretty serious accident. Next home match is a fortnight, hopefully give him time to recover and feel ok to ride.

Great news if nothings broken, but a suspected broken pelvis is still a pretty serious accident. Next home match is a fortnight, hopefully give him time to recover and feel ok to ride.

medical cover and generators permitting!!!
  • Like 2

Kent's press release suggests they're sceptical of yesterday's events.

"The Eagles Orpington-based Charley Powell rode in the European Grasstrack Championship on Saturday."

Held at Saint-Macaire, in the south of France...

But we have Birmingham at Perry Barr on Wednesday. An important match which I presume will have to be r/r for Georgie.

Kent's press release suggests they're sceptical of yesterday's events.

Don't often agree with Silver but they do have a point, we should have borrowed their Air Blowers if that was the only thing missing. but did it cross their minds to ask?

But we have Birmingham at Perry Barr on Wednesday. An important match which I presume will have to be r/r for Georgie.

Don't often agree with Silver but they do have a point, we should have borrowed their Air Blowers if that was the only thing missing. but did it cross their minds to ask?

Exactly, they would look much better if they were saying 'We offered to loan our ones but Eastbourne refused' but instead they wait to send out a press release saying 'if they asked we would have said yes'

So the whole speedway world, well Eastbourne and Kent fans, are wondering why Kent blowers were not used and it appears they were not asked and did not offer.

Martin is clearly a bit upset that people are saying they is something going on and his explanation does make sense, why would Eastbourne want it called off but it would be nice if BOTH team explained why a simple loan of blowers could not have happened. Maybe they are not compatible?

And I gotta say It really does not make sense to suggest that Eastbourne would go to the lengths of staging a break in and theft to call off a meeting that they are 8 point up on aggregate and have just signed Jake Knight for. Even if we had no rider at number 6 we would be favourites to go through!

Edited by stevec
  • Like 1

Exactly, they would look much better if they were saying 'We offered to loan our ones but Eastbourne refused' but instead they wait to send out a press release saying 'if they asked we would have said yes'

So the whole speedway world, well Eastbourne and Kent fans, are wondering why Kent blowers were not used and it appears they were not asked and did not offer.

Martin is clearly a bit upset that people are saying they is something going on and his explanation does make sense, why would Eastbourne want it called off but it would be nice if BOTH team explained why a simple loan of blowers could not have happened. Maybe they are not compatible?

And I gotta say It really does not make sense to suggest that Eastbourne would go to the lengths of staging a break in and theft to call off a meeting that they are 8 point up on aggregate and have just signed Jake Knight for. Even if we had no rider at number 6 we would be favourites to go through!

I seem to remember in the original statement about the break in, Martin said blowers had been stolen and other items damaged, so it may have been other things as well. Still think as you say there is no gain not riding and agree even a 6 man team would have still gone through.

If I read the situation correctly, Eastbourne cancelled the meeting without seeking to borrow any other track's blowers, so the cancellation seems to be

entirely their own responsibility. Heard on the grapevine that our own promoter, Jon Cook, would also have loaned air blowers had he been asked.

• Like 1

Whatever the reasons it is surely the home tracks responsibility to provide a track and equipment fit for purpose on a race night. That said surely the tie should not be run but instead awarded to kent. Personally i didn't check to make sure the meeting was on so wasted fuel with a 180 mile round trip. with so few meetings at my track Rye House i thought i would give the Dugards the benefit of my Family's money Each time eastbourne was on when there was no meeting at Rye. When i found out the reason for cancellation my first instinct was why didn't they borrow blowers from either Lakeside, Rye or Kent surely they would have been happy to loan stuff. So they lose my money in future, their loss not mine as i can go elsewhere. Pretty poor show and yet again speedway continues to shoot itself in the foot

• Like 2

The blowers were reported 'missing' early on Saturday morning, leaving plenty of time to source replacements!

• Like 2