British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

A good win for the team at the IOW last night along with a home win on Saturday fingers crossed will almost make Eastbourne certain for the play offs. If i am right i think this is the big week where everyone almost finishes 90% of the league meetings.

Time is ticking for everyone to make the play offs I cant wait.

thoroughly enjoyable meeting on the iow last night, highlights were bailey and powells blasts round the 4th bend banking to get up on the line in couple races.

jake was lucky in ht 15 not to have a nasty crash, tearing into the first bend twice as fast as his opponents after missing the gate he had a very big wobble and did well not to bin it.

Has anyone the likely riding order for both teams tonight ?

I am inclined to put together my own scoresheet as this is a rearranged fixture and I suspect tonight's programme will be the original with a scoresheet insert.

Has anyone the likely riding order for both teams tonight ?

I am inclined to put together my own scoresheet as this is a rearranged fixture and I suspect tonight's programme will be the original with a scoresheet insert.

From the Eastbourne website:

Eagles: 1 Knight, 2 R/R for Wood, 3 Bailey, 4 Powell, 5 Brennan, 6 Saunders, 7 Bates.

Warriors: 1 Cockle, 2 Widman, 3 Wilson, 4 Campos, 5 Coles, 6 Sealey, 7 Bursill.

As above

Edited by Two Two

From the Eastbourne website:

Eagles: 1 Knight, 2 R/R for Wood, 3 Bailey, 4 Powell, 5 Brennan, 6 Saunders, 7 Bates.

Warriors: 1 Cockle, 2 Widman, 3 Wilson, 4 Campos, 5 Coles, 6 Sealey, 7 Bursill.

Many thanks. Couldn't see this, the only bit I could find was the preview giving riders in alphabetical order.

Any idea what happened to Georgie Wood last night?

Due to ride for Sheffield but was replaced with a young Rookie. Has he picked up an injury or did he breakdown on route?

Josh Bailey surprised me last night after last week struggling to come to terms with Arlington he was excellent. Having watched him ride so well at IOW on Thursday (what a super track that is, some of the best racing I have seen for some time) a large track, it looks like he could well be a big contributor both home and away in the play off's.

With Charley Powell, who also looked good on Thursday, improving rapidly we could just be a threat to Belle Vue now.

Apparently Charlie Saunders broke down on the way last night,

We need Kent to win today by the looks of it. With that we can then win our home fixtures and I think that is enough for eastbourne to finish top?

Tom Brennan at No 5 for Belle Vue tonight is a bit of a surprise. Looks like an easy win for Kent which just might give Eagles top spot, just hope they don't blow the home record.

He replaced jon Armstrong who was supposed to guest for the colts. Central park has become a bit of a fortress this year. Kent could be a tough nut to crack over two legs if they make the play offs.

Kent, Eastbourne, Lakeside, Belle Vue they have all become a fortress even to the extent of Mildenhall until last weekend.

Playoffs are interesting but i have a feeling that Eastbourne could do it, just need to get the results from the next home meetings just to nudge us up the table to the top if we are lucky.

Edited by firstbendbunch

Kent, Eastbourne, Lakeside, Belle Vue they have all become a fortress even to the extent of Mildenhall until last weekend.

Playoffs are interesting but i have a feeling that Eastbourne could do it, just need to get the results from the next home meetings just to nudge us up the table to teh top if we are lucky.

I think the next two Saturdays will be tough, all three opponents are in with a great chance of the play off and I wonder what the thinking is behind changing the fixtures. Now the double header is Mildenhall/Kent on 16th instead of Lakeside/Mildenhall on the 9th.

This means Josh Bailey misses one match and Georgie Wood two instead of the other way round and suitable guests very limited with the better riders already booked. All I can see is Tom Bacon for Josh and nobody up to Georgie at Arlington so it may not take much for the home record to go. They may even go r/r on Saturday for Josh giving Jake and Georgie an extra ride but making them weaker overall against the three Lakeside heat leaders.

An interesting six weeks ahead with Plymouth in the cup anxious to overturn the two hammerings they had early season.

Despite the tough run of fixtures i still think Eastbourne can finish top and get first choice of opponents / opponents to avoid. matches against Kent, Mildenhall & Lakeside who are the likeliest play off place finishers will give a good indication on who they may like to pick / avoid?

Start time is 7pm for the Mildenhall / Kent double header hope everything runs smoothly as this looks like being a bumper double meeting and would be a shame for it to be spoiled with delays etc

Edited by Sings4Speedway

Despite the tough run of fixtures i still think Eastbourne can finish top and get first choice of opponents / opponents to avoid. matches against Kent, Mildenhall & Lakeside who are the likeliest play off place finishers will give a good indication on who they may like to pick / avoid?

Start time is 7pm for the Mildenhall / Kent double header hope everything runs smoothly as this looks like being a bumper double meeting and would be a shame for it to be spoiled with delays etc

That 7pm is likely to be first race time. The Eagles now go racing at 7.30, with parade etc around 7.20.

Very experienced team at Eastbourne -- but will need referee to have finger on the two mins buzzer as soon as riders clear track at the end of a race.