British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moomin man 76

Cradley Heathens 2017

BSF should put a permanent hyperlink to the SCB rule book in the footer of every post on here.

I understand that rules are rules but , i do think that everyone has forgot about the young rider here who wants to get on in this sport. Do we want to hold him back or just try & screw Cradley Heathens? ( I hope the answer is neither.)

Well, that's all well and good but unless the same rules apply to everybody, then the whole thing degenerates into a farce.

Precedents are set and people start saying that if Team A did it, then Team B are going to do it.

Before you know it, the recriminations start and fingers start pointing and people are shouting favouritism.

The rules are the rules.

If people don't like the rules, then see about getting them changed.

Yeah well if you want finger pointing then you point too Birmingham the previous year when they used JPB and Jack Smith for more than 6 meetings the previous season so where able to sign them on 3point averages last season

Yeah well if you want finger pointing then you point too Birmingham the previous year when they used JPB and Jack Smith for more than 6 meetings the previous season so where able to sign them on 3point averages last season

Nathan Mole illustrates my point.

Have clear, simple and unambiguous rules and apply them equally to all.

Speedway has enough challenges without getting bogged down in interpreting over complex rules and everyone falling out with each other.

Neither rode for more than 6 league meetings! In fact both only rode 3 league meetings so that they'd be on a 3.00 average and they both only rode NT, NLKOC etc so that those meetings don't count towards an average. Which is exactly the same as Brennan has done this season.

Neither rode for more than 6 league meetings! In fact both only rode 3 league meetings so that they'd be on a 3.00 average and they both only rode NT, NLKOC etc so that those meetings don't count towards an average. Which is exactly the same as Brennan has done this season.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good rant! :nono:

I understand that rules are rules but , i do think that everyone has forgot about the young rider here who wants to get on in this sport. Do we want to hold him back or just try & screw Cradley Heathens? ( I hope the answer is neither.)

How about fairness rather than win at all cost! The National League needs teams that compete on a level playing field. What you are supporting is not level but biased. Joe Lawlor is not a 3 point rider so let him join your team on what is his match average rather than trying to manipulate the system and have him racing against genuine 3 point riders and leave them feeling demoralised.

You really need a little bit of research before posting!

Its expected that Lawlor will add quite a bit to his starting average whether that is 3.00, 3.??, 4.?? providing he starts at reserve. However there is always one or two riders who start the season tipped to be the next big thing and only a handful ever deliver.

The spread of new riders with potential is good this year with several teams able to track a "star" reserve. If Lawlor out performs Brennan, Bickley, Jenkins, Hampshire, Atkins etc then yes he was the top reserve however it doesn't guarantee success. Belle Vue had Bewley last season and still didn't make the play offs.

Dan bewley mussed nearly all home matches and a few away ones the difference with dan was he came from nowhere and went from reserve to th leader so has a true average

Never let the facts get in the way of a good rant! :nono:

What's that supposed to mean? This year's Brummie reserves didn't ride more than 3 league meetings in 2015, so as to protect their 3.00 average.

• Like 1

If my maths is correct lawlor could well start the season on a 4+ avg or if they don't include bv scores I think it's about a 5.5+!

I love how this thread has turned in a debate over a riders average after it has already been assessed so his average is not going to change