British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedball

King's Lynn Young Stars 2017

Hampshire will do well next season but there aren't many riders left to slot in to the number 2 spot and keep Taylor at reserve. Halder maybe? It's a team that looks strong around their home track.

Good opportunity for Locke. Dont think anybody would question his determination last year and certainly a trier. The bigger nature of Kings Lynn may suit him although much will depend how long he spends in the number 2 jacket.

Good opportunity for Locke. Dont think anybody would question his determination last year and certainly a trier. The bigger nature of Kings Lynn may suit him although much will depend how long he spends in the number 2 jacket.

Not very long. Hampshire will move up after the first set of averages.

Hampshire is nothing special

He's decent enough and he'll hit over 3.00, whereas Im unsure if Locke or Whitmore will.

He's decent enough and he'll hit over 3.00, whereas Im unsure if Locke or Whitmore will.

Think he will do alright at home but not convinced about him on his travels. Much will depend on whether his equipment has been upgraded as it wasn't up to much last year?

Really don't think Whitmore is ready yet. Shame as i think he is a case of could have been good in time, been thrown in too early & could possibly be lost to the sport quickly.

Some one needs to teach Locke how to avoid throwing lockers entering corners which invariably see,s him sitting on his backside .more often than not. He has enough dash about him when he stays upright,,and just needs a good rider to help him to cure what he is doing wrong..Hope he can iron out his problems and have a better season at Kings Lynn ,,a track that should help him to improve,,,,.

• Like 1

Some one needs to teach Locke how to avoid throwing lockers entering corners which invariably see,s him sitting on his backside .more often than not. He has enough dash about him when he stays upright,,and just needs a good rider to help him to cure what he is doing wrong..Hope he can iron out his problems and have a better season at Kings Lynn ,,a track that should help him to improve,,,,.

Sadly a sign of the times. Riders are being introduced to the NL with speed and enthusiasm but lacking basic speedway skill sets. There are still plenty of riders in the league who cannot lay the bike down when required (or have the assessment abilities to complete the task).

I don't blame any rider for taking an opportunity if it is presented to them its the promoters fault and yet they seem to escape all blame.

In a dangerous sport it is the promotions responsibility to track capable riders yet many choose to ignore this. Sadly i feel it is inevitable that there will be injuries caused because a rider lacks the basics skills to handle a pressure situation correctly.

I must add that i am not aiming the above comments directly at Locke but at a variety of riders past & present.

Edited by Sings4Kings
  • Like 1

Had Andrew Silver been at Rye last year I'm sure Connor would have benefited from his guidance.

• Like 2