British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedball

King's Lynn Young Stars 2017

ABSOLUTELY GUTTED, THIS IS MY SADDEST SPEEDWAY DAY SINCE THE CLOSURES OF WIMBLEDON & BOSTON.

• Like 1

Correct its just a comment that all the smaller self pity clubs say.

They dont think its got anything to do with the fact that the best young riders in the country want to ride and learn there trade with the most professionally ran clubs in the league.

Constantly read that either Birmingham ,Cradley or eastbourne offer more than other clubs with zero proof.

You think their riders are on £10 a point?

You think their riders are on £10 a point?

No never said that you think clegg and williamson are on 10 pound a point ?

• Like 1

Gutted to see KLYS go. Best Wishes to all concerned. What would the NL be without the Standalone teams?. The riders have created this situation not the teams by having too higher demands. It's ok saying these teams should be in higher leagues. Who would be competing in the NL if it weren't for the stand alone. Is there a queue of higher leagues teams who have expressed an interest in running NL sides if the stand alones weren't in it ??

Edited by TMW

Is there still a points money limit set by the BSPA in the National league? It used to be 10 pounds a point.l

Is there still a points money limit set by the BSPA in the National league? It used to be 10 pounds a point.l

It would be too difficult to police. Any remainder could be declared as 'sponsorship'

All BSPA shared events are paid at £10 a point

Edited by TMW

Money is an issue but it's not just that clubs can afford to pay more but the 'bigger' clubs have better sponsorship. Look at Eastbourne and the amazing support of IT First, yet Buxton have nothing like that. If KL did then that money/sponsorship would go on the Stars not Young Stars!

But it's not just about money. Even if King's Lynn YS had all the fans and sponsors in the world, who is supposed to replace Hughes, Bailey & Phillips whilst giving the fans a competitive team that makes them spend money on 2 sides?! But that's not just a KL issue! Plymouth had a problem finding a second heat leader which meant they didn't sign Bates as well, Isle of Wight have had bottom end team problems since the turn of the year and it took Buxton months to find another committed heat leader alongside Williamson!

Did not take long for jayne to turn it into another self pity thread get over yourself

I don't need to thank you and I'm not full of self pity either. I have stated my opinion if you don't think that it is a sad day for the league to lose a club of Kings Lynn's standing then its you that needs to take a look at yourself. You can celebrate again when Buxton shut as after all that is what you seem to want to happen. What happens to your own club if a buyer isn't found by the end of the year? Doubts over the long term future of a lot of clubs and it is a fact that riders are being paid a lot of money in what is meant to be a development league. Do you think that riders and promoters don't talk to one another?

no

Again you are wrong - it is stated in the league rules at £10 per point and 10p per mile. The majority of teams may not adhere to it but it is there in black and white.

• Like 3

The simple reason why this has happened here isn't the money, it's that there aren't enough riders to go round at this level.

• Like 1

Money is an issue but it's not just that clubs can afford to pay more but the 'bigger' clubs have better sponsorship. Look at Eastbourne and the amazing support of IT First, yet Buxton have nothing like that. If KL did then that money/sponsorship would go on the Stars not Young Stars!

But it's not just about money. Even if King's Lynn YS had all the fans and sponsors in the world, who is supposed to replace Hughes, Bailey & Phillips whilst giving the fans a competitive team that makes them spend money on 2 sides?! But that's not just a KL issue! Plymouth had a problem finding a second heat leader which meant they didn't sign Bates as well, Isle of Wight have had bottom end team problems since the turn of the year and it took Buxton months to find another committed heat leader alongside Williamson!

And that is down to the large number of riders who have moved into the Higher Leagues allowing them to replace foreign and expensive imports. Some like Carr and Clegg have been persuaded back to fill injury gaps whilst others like Branford, Perks and Ellis have not. The NL is doing a sterling job for British Speedway with little or no recognition of it and certainly no reward.

JPB should have been a Buxton asset in 2015 when he made his debut, imagine what his Loan Fees for the next few years would have done for them. Old subject I know but the two are linked.

Very sad day for the sport but a decision that i can fully understand. As Dale has quite rightly stated the league has changed from its original ethos and it is harder and harder to compete for those clubs that dont have a big budget. Ironically it is those same clubs that couldn't compete at a higher level for the same reason that have 'helped' to make the league all about money.

To me, Buxton are the archetypal third-tier club. If they are struggling to compete in the NL then something has gone wrong.

ABSOLUTELY GUTTED, THIS IS MY SADDEST SPEEDWAY DAY SINCE THE CLOSURES OF WIMBLEDON & BOSTON.

I know how passionate you are about this level of speedway. I feel for you mate.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

I don't need to thank you and I'm not full of self pity either. I have stated my opinion if you don't think that it is a sad day for the league to lose a club of Kings Lynn's standing then its you that needs to take a look at yourself. You can celebrate again when Buxton shut as after all that is what you seem to want to happen. What happens to your own club if a buyer isn't found by the end of the year? Doubts over the long term future of a lot of clubs and it is a fact that riders are being paid a lot of money in what is meant to be a development league. Do you think that riders and promoters don't talk to one another?

Again you are wrong - it is stated in the league rules at £10 per point and 10p per mile. The majority of teams may not adhere to it but it is there in black and white.

Serious question Jayne do you think the NL would be better without us and brum and the like. At our last meeting with you it looked to me like the crowd was about 90/10 in Heathen fans. Prob an exaggeration . Surely you need that money though to balance the books. I wish the likes of us Brum etc were in the CL but it seems these teams can't afford it. Hope you reply

The amount of times Cradley has won the NL, it should have been compulsary for them to move up. The reason we are in this position is because the same old reason in that individual clubs are more important than the sport it self.,,, There is no credit in always being a big fish in a little ponds. We proved that at Lynn dropping down a league. Yeah we won a lot, but we always knew it wasn't that important. Its the big one that really matters,... For you to receive the credits a winning team deserves, than you should reach for the top.....

Bit like watching West Ham FC winning the fourth division... :t::t: