British Speedway Forum
Speedway28

Mildenhall 2017

Seeing as most of the other sides have their own thread....

I think Mildenhall will go with this next year.

1 Mountain

2 Bowtell

3 Coles

4 Stoneman

5 Armstrong

6 Ruddick/Bebee

7 Jenkins

Not a bad side but won't be close to winning the league. After the disappointment of losing Hampshire, got to hope they hold on to Jenkins. Hopefully Luke Ruddick will make a comeback, there was definitely some potential there despite regular falls.

1 Mountain

2 Bowtell

3 Coles

4 Stoneman

5 Armstrong

6 Ruddick/Bebee

7 Jenkins

Not a bad side but won't be close to winning the league. After the disappointment of losing Hampshire, got to hope they hold on to Jenkins. Hopefully Luke Ruddick will make a comeback, there was definitely some potential there despite regular falls.

Think this side is fairly close especially the 1-5 although i think Bowtell would benefit with a different track to progress.

Everyone wants Jenkins and i would be surprised if he was at Mildenhall, Bebee will feature during the season but im not sure he will be in from the start. I expect Ruddick to feature again despite no improvement over the past 2 seasons with the other berth going to Parker or Spooner.

If Mildenhall have two of Ruddick/Parker/Spooner at reserve they won't get near the top half. Jenkins will be at Mildenhall if he can turn down Birmingham and Eastbourne. Can't see him anywhere else. Where he is based and Sunday racing will hopefully help Mildenhall's case.

If Mildenhall have two of Ruddick/Parker/Spooner at reserve they won't get near the top half. Jenkins will be at Mildenhall if he can turn down Birmingham and Eastbourne. Can't see him anywhere else. Where he is based and Sunday racing will hopefully help Mildenhall's case.

Very much hope you are right and he stays at Mildenhall. Although I would certainly like him at Arlington it is important that the bright young

talents get spread around a bit and Fen Tigers are due a bit of a shot in the arm.

1 Mountain

2 Bowtell

3 Coles

4 Stoneman

5 Armstrong

6 Ruddick/Bebee

7 Jenkins

I'd imagine the limit will be 40 which rules out this selection unfortunately.Can't see Stoneman returning if I'm honest.Would imagine he's nailed on for the IOW tbh.

I'm hoping Jenkins keeps to his word and signs on.Him and his grandad are decent people and I think they'll sign on.

I'd like to think Mountain,Bowtell,Jenkins,Armstrong are a definite 4.After that is anyone's guess.I'd love to see Danny back.He hit a real purple patch during the season.If he starts the season how he was riding then,we are laughing.

Think this side is fairly close especially the 1-5 although i think Bowtell would benefit with a different track to progress.

Everyone wants Jenkins and i would be surprised if he was at Mildenhall, Bebee will feature during the season but im not sure he will be in from the start. I expect Ruddick to feature again despite no improvement over the past 2 seasons with the other berth going to Parker or Spooner.

Interesting that you would be surprised if Jenkins is at Mildenhall.Him and Bebee both agreed to sign for last and this season.Unfortunately I doubt Sam will start the season but I trust Jordan to keep his word.

• Like 1

Kevin Jolly has been pretty vocal about having Stoneman on his shopping list and i believe he now lives local to the track?

I wish Sam all the best but agree that he probably won't be ready to start the season, as for Jordan i would like to see him sign on but am yet to be convinced however with the limit at 40 i could see a line up like this;

1 Mountain - 8.73

2 Ruddick - 3.10

3 Coles - 7.11

4 Stoneman - 7.00

5 Armstrong - 7.82

6 3 Pointer

7 3 Pointer

Total 39.76

Kevin Jolly has been pretty vocal about having Stoneman on his shopping list and i believe he now lives local to the track?

I wish Sam all the best but agree that he probably won't be ready to start the season, as for Jordan i would like to see him sign on but am yet to be convinced however with the limit at 40 i could see a line up like this;

1 Mountain - 8.73

2 Ruddick - 3.10

3 Coles - 7.11

4 Stoneman - 7.00

5 Armstrong - 7.82

6 3 Pointer

7 3 Pointer

Total 39.76

Wouldn't have said Kev has been that vocal about Nathan.Think I've read it once,maybe twice.You're correct he does live local.Same village as the track I believe.I personally wouldn't want him on the average he is currently on.I hope he does do well next season but he will do well to maintain that now as a heat leader.Good luck to him.He's put the effort in to get himself fitter than ever,

Wouldn't have said Kev has been that vocal about Nathan.Think I've read it once,maybe twice.You're correct he does live local.Same village as the track I believe.I personally wouldn't want him on the average he is currently on.I hope he does do well next season but he will do well to maintain that now as a heat leader.Good luck to him.He's put the effort in to get himself fitter than ever,

I think you're right, Adz. Stoneman would have been a steal on a 3.00 but on a 7.00 he's a gamble.

The one rider you can't leave out is Coles. Started badly, got a mouthful and rode excellently for the rest of the season. He's a point better than his average without taking into account any improvement.

Important announcement tomorrow morning at 9

Press Release from Mildenhall Speedway -

Fen Tigers sign promising teenage star for 2017 season

The Mildenhall KJM/Manchetts Fen Tigers have signed their second rider ahead of the 2017 season with Norwich based 15 year old Jordan Jenkins returning to the club after three highly promising outings for the Fen Tigers late last season.

Jenkins had impressed in the British Youth Championship where he finished on the podium, and had stepped up from demonstration races at Mildenhall to the National League side following his fifteenth birthday in August. The highlight of his season in the Fen Tigers colours being a fine paid thirteen in the heavy defeat of Cradley at West Row.

Kevin Jolly was pleased to have signed such an exciting young talent he said

This is another great piece of news for Mildenhall Speedway and our supporters, Jordan has great potential, and is a highly likeable young man who wants to learn and progress his career in the correct manner. We put in a lot of time and effort last season with Jordan and are grateful that he has shown loyalty to Mildenhall. We will not put any pressure on him and of course will support him in every way possible. He was a pleasure to work with last season as was his Grandad Ross and both will be valued additions to our pit area. Things are starting to fall into place nicely and once the NL AGM has taken place we hope to be in a position to announce further riders.

New club Co-promoter James Easter added

Jordan and his Grandad Ross came to Torun with me late last season and everyone was impressed with Jordan. His behaviour off track is as impressive as his talent on it, he is a well adjusted and polite young man and we will look to work closely with him and his family to help him develop further. Neither Jordan nor his Grandfather asked for any financial inducements or additional payment terms, and were always conscious that we have a reasonable wage structure. When signing riders we look at many factors, not least their character, and everyone at the club has been impressed by the whole Jenkins family, and their attitude to his development. We understand this is an important year both on and off the track with Jordan taking his exams during the season and we will work with Ross to ensure Jordans schooling needs are fully met.

Jenkins was pleased to have secured a team place early ahead of his first full season in the National League he said

I am pleased to be returning to Mildenhall, I enjoyed my time there last season and was very grateful for all the track time I was given and the support I received from the Mildenhall Management team and riders. I would like to thank the supporters for their friendliness at the End of Season party last Saturday, and look forward to seeing everyone in the New Year

• Like 1

Damn! Still nice to see some loyalty amongst the future of the sport

• Like 2

Would have loved Jenkins to come to Lynn but chuffed for Mildenhall that he's chosen to stay there rather than take the likely offers from the richer clubs. I'm sure he wouldn't have been short of offers.

He's definitely got something about him. Looking forward to seeing how he progresses.

• Like 2

No suprise, right decision at his age. Mildy gona be up there nezt season and I dont know even know the other 5 yet, he is that good of a signing.

Yeah for me the biggest talent available on 3 points.

Best of all seems a thoroughly lovely kid. Tbf the kids coming out of West row have all been classy both sides of the fence, really nice lads Jenkins Bebee Hampshire and Parker.

• Like 1