British Speedway Forum
Speedway28

Mildenhall 2017

Yeah for me the biggest talent available on 3 points.

Best of all seems a thoroughly lovely kid. Tbf the kids coming out of West row have all been classy both sides of the fence, really nice lads Jenkins Bebee Hampshire and Parker.

The extraordinary Dan Bewley aside, best novice I saw last season.

• Like 2

Him and Brennan are on par

Jenkins is better.

Brennan is very good at Arlington but hardly scored a point elsewhere, while a major factor in Eastbourne beating Cradley in the KOC cup was Jenkins remarkable performance at Monmore.

• Like 1

Jenkins is better.

Brennan is very good at Arlington but hardly scored a point elsewhere, while a major factor in Eastbourne beating Cradley in the KOC cup was Jenkins remarkable performance at Monmore.

whild I dont like to say it he is right. I think Jenkins getting more meetings last season helped him along and pull away. He will be the JPB of 2017

A lot of people have implied that Stoneman is a gamble on a 7 point average but when you have Jenkins at reserve that makes stoneman a lot less risky.

A lot of people have implied that Stoneman is a gamble on a 7 point average but when you have Jenkins at reserve that makes stoneman a lot less risky.

I believe that Mr Stoneman is going back to IOW..showing commendable loyalty.

From Mildenhall Speedway -

Mildenhall in seventh heaven as Halsey returns to the Fen Tigers for 2017

The Mildenhall KJM/Manchetts Fen Tigers are pleased to announce their third rider ahead of the 2017 season with the return of the ever popular Danny Halsey.

Incredibly it will be the seventh successive season at Mildenhall for the Buckingham based racer who incidentally is also the seventh highest all time point scorer for Mildenhall with 1543 points! Halsey cant quite complete a hat trick of sevens as he is currently eighth in the all time appearances record for the Fen Tigers but that next milestone will hopefully be achieved and maybe passed during the forthcoming season. Only Halseys current Team Manager Robert Henry, with eleven, has ridden in more consecutive seasons for the Suffolk club.

Halsey was an important member of the all conquering 2012 Grand Slam side, scoring a memorable heat fourteen victory at Kings Lynn to set up the National League title win against Dudley after his impressive paid twenty two over the two legs had helped the Fen Tigers claim the KO Cup against the same side. The former National League Riders Champion had a relatively slow start to the 2016 season before hitting the kind of form that regular Mildenhall supporters know all too well he is capable of with a succession of high scores, racing with both the speed and the style that make him such a crowd favourite.

Club promoter Kevin Jolly has no doubt there is still more to come from Halsey and is pleased to have him back in the line-up he said

In my mind on his day Danny is as good as it gets at this level, he just needs to find his consistency early on and maintain it throughout to have another big season for us. He is very popular both on and off the track and there is no doubt he rides better with Jon (Armstrong) in the side. The pair put in some brilliant rides together last season and we will be hoping for more of the same in 2017. Like Jon he is always there to help the younger lads and without the pressure of captaincy he really came out of himself last season. Danny has ridden for me in all six seasons I have been at Mildenhall and it is great to welcome him back for a seventh

Halsey was pleased to be back home again he said

I am really looking forward to my seventh year at the club which is like my second home these days. I still can't believe this will be my seventh year, that's almost half the age of our reserve Jordan (Jenkins) this year. It makes me feel a little old!

I had noticed I hadn't been put forward by some of the supporters in their teams for next season so hopefully l can prove a couple of the doubters wrong this year and really step it up. A lot of work will be going into the coming season with two complete new chassis on order and waiting to be built for the New Year. I really want to be ready from the off and start as I mean to go on with some big scores. I am looking forward to working with Kevin, Rob, James and Phil once more for what I'm hoping will be a long overdue successful season for The Fen Tigers, the team building so far suggests that is really a possibility and I cant wait to get started.

That must mean that Mountain isn't fit for the start of the campaign unfortunately.

Why does it?

Why does it?

I just thought it would make the team very top heavy. Plus I expected Coles to sign.

I just thought it would make the team very top heavy. Plus I expected Coles to sign.

The way Mountain talked at the end of season do suggested to me that he'd be back..

I'd be surprised if he was anywhere else in the NL if I'm honest

The way Mountain talked at the end of season do suggested to me that he'd be back..

I agree which is why I thought he wouldnt be fit for April. Hopefully he's back sooner rather than later because he's a promising rider.

I agree which is why I thought he wouldnt be fit for April. Hopefully he's back sooner rather than later because he's a promising rider.

His physio is going really well.Think he's looking to be back on a bike around late Feb/March.

Hopefully Bowtell returns.Seemed to enjoy his time with us.Ruddick is worth another go on that average.Especially with there likely to be so many new 3 pointers.A longer stint at reserve with Jenkins the 1 to move up could do him the world of good

I'm just interested to see where these new 3 pointers are going to appear from.Not a lot out there tbh

• Like 1

That would leave Coles free because the four of them come to 32.30 and they would still be over the top of 40 even with three 3.0 pointers surely?