British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2017 Hat Trick

Im not really sure what is going on with the make up of the Brum team this year? Perhaps Drury has got a little complacent and thinks he can win the league with any side he picks? I rate Bacon but he is no number 1, Ritchings i feel will slide away this year, Hume & JPB ought to improve but it leaves a lot of pressure on the tail. I think once Cupitt moves up to number 2 and Hay moves down you will have a reserve combo that wouldn't look out of place at Buxton.

In preparation to be quoted all season when i am proved wrong (again) "This Brum 1-7 won't get near the play offs"

Hume/JPB have the potential to be in the top 15 riders in the averages in the NL.Both will do well in the PL and will bring that confidence with them when riding for the Brum.

Hume/JPB have the potential to be in the top 15 riders in the averages in the NL.Both will do well in the PL and will bring that confidence with them when riding for the Brum.

Completely agree that both will do very well in the NL this season & both have the potential to succeed in the Championship however along with Tom Bacon they all have strong reserve partners at that level and could find themselves restricted to 3 rides per meeting and potentially swapped out of the easier heats which could have an adverse affect on their confidence.

I think brum will finish top 4 but I do feel there bottom end of the team is weak.

It reminds me a lot of the 2015 Kent side that had a strong top 4 and long tail and that team finished bottom.

Completely agree that both will do very well in the NL this season & both have the potential to succeed in the Championship however along with Tom Bacon they all have strong reserve partners at that level and could find themselves restricted to 3 rides per meeting and potentially swapped out of the easier heats which could have an adverse affect on their confidence.

At PL level most clubs have a few two pointers who are of the same level which is good.I hope Ipswich use Hume/Mountain all year away could be tricky at times but both have bright futures Hume especially.Bacon i believe will find it harder but see him once at Swindon last year and he was impressive.
  • Like 1

The make up of the team is putting a lot of pressure on Cupitt to improve his starting average at a new track and show his Isle of Wight form. Once he moves up, the Brummies won't have much scoring power at reserve.

I think they'll finish top half but I can't see them troubling Cradley, Eastbourne, Mildenhall or Belle Vue and making the play-offs.

• Like 1

I haven't commented this year on team affairs and in all likelihood this team isn't strong enough to take the title but you know what i don't care...we've had a lot of success winning match after match and though it would be nice for that to continue but i'm realistic and will still enjoy going to all the meetings home and away and unless you are Poole you can't expect to win year on year.

Roll on next season :t:

• Like 4

Guest GiveusaB

Im not really sure what is going on with the make up of the Brum team this year? Perhaps Drury has got a little complacent and thinks he can win the league with any side he picks? I rate Bacon but he is no number 1, Ritchings i feel will slide away this year, Hume & JPB ought to improve but it leaves a lot of pressure on the tail. I think once Cupitt moves up to number 2 and Hay moves down you will have a reserve combo that wouldn't look out of place at Buxton.

In preparation to be quoted all season when i am proved wrong (again) "This Brum 1-7 won't get near the play offs"

My opinion is that Birmingham are budgeting due to it most likely being our last season!?

It will be great to watch JPB develop even further.......without him, attendences will drop dramatically!

Drury's no fool.......I just think that his hands are 'cuffed' and the key's been chucked!

Cradley will wipe the floor with us this year!

... in all likelihood this team isn't strong enough to take the title ..

My opinion is that Birmingham are budgeting due to it most likely being our last season!?

It would be a shame if the Brummies went out with a whimper...but fret not. There's a guy called Mick Horton, last seen around the Coventry / Warwickshire area who'll be looking for a new club to promote before long. So never say never. Just as long as Tony Mole doesn't rip out all the fixtures and fittings and doesn't remove the shale off the track before he goes....

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

It would be a shame if the Brummies went out with a whimper...but fret not. There's a guy called Mick Horton, last seen around the Coventry / Warwickshire area who'll be looking for a new club to promote before long. So never say never. Just as long as Tony Mole doesn't rip out all the fixtures and fittings and doesn't remove the shale off the track before he goes....

I do think Cov should ground share with us ?

I do think Cov should ground share with us ?

Not without getting new planning permission - and you can't get that in 8 weeks! (Don't forget, we already have the knuckle-draggers).

My opinion is that Birmingham are budgeting due to it most likely being our last season.

Tony Mole budgets in advance for every season - that's his style of operating! He employs someone knowledgeable to run his tracks, gives them a budget and then lets them get on with it. This has worked very well for him at all the tracks where he has promoted.

Not without getting new planning permission - and you can't get that in 8 weeks!

The planning consent only permits one meeting per week between March 1st and October 31st, and the City Council have let it be known in the past that they would be unwilling to change this, and even if this wasn't the case, it would take the best part of 12 months to bring an application for an extension to the planning committee.

Edited by BBuck

Guest GiveusaB

Tony Mole budgets in advance for every season - that's his style of operating! He employs someone knowledgeable to run his tracks, gives them a budget and then lets them get on with it. This has worked very well for him at all the tracks where he has promoted.

The planning consent only permits one meeting per week between March 1st and October 31st, and the City Council have let it be known in the past that they would be unwilling to change this, and even if this wasn't the case, it would take the best part of 12 months to bring an application for an extension to the planning committee.

The budget must be extremely lower than the previous 2/3 seasons then!?

I'm not fussed whether we win the league/cup or not? I'll be happy just to see the younger riders develop.....especially JPB !!!

There's no getting away from the fact that this could be our last season!

The budget must be extremely lower than the previous 2/3 seasons then!?

I'm not fussed whether we win the league/cup or not? I'll be happy just to see the younger riders develop.....especially JPB !!!

There's no getting away from the fact that this could be our last season!

And this is something that the fans need to push for progress on starting immediately, we need constant updates as to where things stand so as fans we can try and do something to help sooner rather than later, if we let it slip into October, or beyond, it'll probably be too late by then.

Look how much Brum fans raised in a short period to save the old Elite league team....

So if you guys had a whole season to raise cash, you guys could go down the football route of a fans group owning and running the club.

Look how much Brum fans raised in a short period to save the old Elite league team....

So if you guys had a whole season to raise cash, you guys could go down the football route of a fans group owning and running the club.