British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2017 Hat Trick

Brennan to Eastie, Jenkins to Mildenhall, Bickley to BV and, to a lesser extent, Lawlor to Cradley. It doesn't look like Brum will be able to match those despite having the Zack last year and the Jacks this year.

That was certainly my thinking.

The success story is always built on great reserves and Birmingham have been blessed for 2 seasons.

I can't really see any brand new 3 pointers that will match the same impact as the previous 2 seasons.

That said I've great memories of watching the developing careers of 3 greats riders for the future.

Part of the appeal of the NL to me is watching the kids develop. Time will tell if I get 3 years of new talent on the trot!

• Like 1

Certainly tricky to think who will line up at reserve for Brum given most of the obvious options have gone however they are aware of the importance of solid reserves however in fairness last years duo were unearthed elsewhere & the year before Waj exceeded expectations despite excellent pedigree.

For this season the only ones i can think of with Birmingham links would be Alex Wilson, Robert Parker, Adam Kirby, Eryk Borzuch (pending UK Passport), Kenny Bowdrey or the number 8 from this year who retired before the season started?

Certainly tricky to think who will line up at reserve for Brum given most of the obvious options have gone however they are aware of the importance of solid reserves however in fairness last years duo were unearthed elsewhere & the year before Waj exceeded expectations despite excellent pedigree.

For this season the only ones i can think of with Birmingham links would be Alex Wilson, Robert Parker, Adam Kirby, Eryk Borzuch (pending UK Passport), Kenny Bowdrey or the number 8 from this year who retired before the season started?

You mean Emerson Jones.

... or the number 8 from this year who retired before the season started?

You mean Emerson Jones.

Do You seriosly expect that a rider who signs up and then crys off is the sort that Graham Drury would want in his team? Burnt bridges spring to mind.

Do You seriosly expect that a rider who signs up and then crys off is the sort that Graham Drury would want in his team? Burnt bridges spring to mind.

Ive largely given up when attempting to apply logic to team signings within speedway.

• Like 1

Can we sign this Gerhard Engine bloke? Lots of chatter about him on another thread. Will he have a 3.00 average? He sounds like a low maintainence kind of guy. He does have a British passport doesn't he?

Can we sign this Gerhard Engine bloke? Lots of chatter about him on another thread. Will he have a 3.00 average? He sounds like a low maintainence kind of guy. He does have a British passport doesn't he?

Jordan Jenkins? He's back at Mildenhall this season, was very impressed with him at Monmore last year - I would imagine The Brummies were very interested in him this winter (along with most other clubs!)

Could be a good signing, needs to kick on this year though

Very true however i said the same thing about Layne last season and that resulted in him jumping from Kings Lynn before he was pushed, bombing at Cradley and only finally getting going on the Island. I don't doubt his ability in fact i think he has more talent than most reserves signed this season its just the confidence side that seems to let him down. IF Brum can unlock the best of him they have a very good signing.

Said before I don't get the Cupitt hype but he did well for the IOW at the tail end of last season. Better rider than some of the others the Brummies could have signed. He has momentum so does the team, could work out well for both parties.

• Like 1

How frustrating!

Indeed.

I'd find it hard to believe that the Warriors wouldn't have wanted him back on 2017 and they did give him an opportunity when no-one else would. Furthermore, he improved significantly at Smallbrook.

Not the easiest place to get to but I'd say he owed them enough to go back this year.

• Like 1