British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buttons

Chris Holder

I can see the logic of why Holder would want to ride for Somerset. He needs to consider his family and their roots having been based in Dorset for so long.

But if he wanted a challenge, to race on a smooth track every week, be hero worshiped as if he was god by success starved fan , he need look no further than Saddlebow Road. Situated in the outback's of East Anglia, close to the airports, it maybe an aRSe to get to... but if he was thinking of his water sports enjoyment with little Max then Hunstanton is only a few miles away.

I'm sure he would be made most welcome.....[/quote

There is problems in his personal life which need sorting before next season otherwise his mind could be elsewhere which could affect his form.

• Like 1

Top 10 things to do in Poole

And a walk on the beach is in there ffs, a buzzing place :lol:

http://www.pooletourism.com/page/ref:N57DFED49623FC/

There are more exciting things to do in Swindon and Swindon is a dump.

Really? Bournemouth? Uuuggh hate the place, and there ain't much to do there either!! Rather spend a day in SWINDON!!

(Can't believe I just said that..lol) I would rather spend a day in a pit full of deadly snakes than spend a day in that den of eniquity called Bournemouth!!!

This was as an alternative option to Poole, but I tend to agree it has become a bit naff in the last ten or twenty years.

Just make him pay back his indentures and wave good riddance to him

This "nothing to do in Poole" comes up every year lol!

There is exactly the same things to do in Poole as in every other town in the country.

Except.

We have seven miles of golden sand award winning beaches. The Jurasic coast. A huge tourist industry.

Do people go on holiday to Swindon or Kings Lynn? If there is nothing to do in Poole, why on earth do so many people come here on holiday?

• Like 2

Tidy beach competition is just about the only thing poole won this year.

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 3

Surely Chris would be best down South still so Max is close whenever he's here?

One thing against Somerset for Holder might be the Friday night racing on GP weekends?! Similar with Belle Vue although he would be a lot closer to a major airport there!!

• Like 1

One thing against Somerset for Holder might be the Friday night racing on GP weekends?! Similar with Belle Vue although he would be a lot closer to a major airport there!!

Kings Lynn be ok for airports can't see Belle Vue wanting him as that would surely mean no Zagar

Really? Bournemouth? Uuuggh hate the place, and there ain't much to do there either!! Rather spend a day in SWINDON!!

(Can't believe I just said that..lol) I would rather spend a day in a pit full of deadly snakes than spend a day in that den of eniquity called Bournemouth!!!

Good enough for England and Liverpool footballers by all accounts?! :party: As for Swindon I'm sure Rosco could give you or anyone a guided tour of Swindon's dens of eniquity!!! :cheers::party::D

• Like 3

This "nothing to do in Poole" comes up every year lol!

There is exactly the same things to do in Poole as in every other town in the country.

Except.

We have seven miles of golden sand award winning beaches. The Jurasic coast. A huge tourist industry.

Do people go on holiday to Swindon or Kings Lynn? If there is nothing to do in Poole, why on earth do so many people come here on holiday?

Lots of people use Swindon as holiday and visitor centre, they use it as it has easy access to the Cotswolds, Bath, Oxford etc and many surrounding attractions.

if we got the biggest fan base then we got the money to go with it why dont you think of speedway as a whole for a change

Why should i think beyond Poole. Would Man Utd think about Liverpool or Chelsea think about West ham ?. If other promotions cannot think for themselves then why should we worry. We have the biggest fan base in the country, but you can only spend what comes in which would be more than most clubs, even so, its a business and you do not comit financial suicde, and anybody that does needs looking at.

We live in the best area in the country, plenty to see and do. better than looking at brick walls.

Edited by Starman2006

Why should i think beyond Poole. Would Man Utd think about Liverpool or Chelsea think about West ham ?. If other promotions cannot think for themselves then why should we worry. We have the biggest fan base in the country, but you can only spend what comes in which would be more than most clubs, even so, its a business and you do not comit financial suicde, and anybody that does needs looking at.

We live in the best area in the country, plenty to see and do. better than looking at brick walls.

Speedway is in a different position to football, it wouldn't take much to cause a landslide of club closures. It is in the interest of all to try and make sure that doesn't happen.

Speedway is in a different position to football, it wouldn't take much to cause a landslide of club closures. It is in the interest of all to try and make sure that doesn't happen.

Agreed, but its still all about winning. And thats what Poole are in the business to do.

Kings Lynn be ok for airports can't see Belle Vue wanting him as that would surely mean no Zagar

VERY unlikely that Zagar will be back at Belle Vue. It was never on the cards for 2017 anyway and Holder has at least said he loves riding at the NSS.

• Like 1

VERY unlikely that Zagar will be back at Belle Vue. It was never on the cards for 2017 anyway and Holder has at least said he loves riding at the NSS.

Oh so will he ride in the uk?
  • Like 1