British Speedway Forum

Oh dear.Talks about aggressive posts then is abusive!!!!

I did ask about 3 times for you to explain why your suggestion would "piss Clubs off".You never did get round to answering,probably because you knew it would take revenue from them.

If you want a racecard in the Star why not print one off,buy the Star and then stick it inside.Job done.No-one pissed off :P

Oh come on fella...I'm having a bit of banter with the other fella. No need for that.

Have you not read any of my posts? The answer is in there. Read posts 154, 160,162.

How is printing a race card in the SS going to piss Clubs off, when a free alternative to buying a programme is already out there?

Like I said in my later posts...with hindsight, it probably won't piss the clubs off, as a free alternative is already there in place.

And if your team has two or more meetings in a week......? ;)

Or has an individual meeting,or 4tt or any other than the normal format.......

Don't often read them anymore if I am honest but feel naked without a programme. The only exception being FIM events because I ain't paying 5 or 10 quid for effectively a blank scorecard.

I where possible try to use the businesses who sponsor heats at kent, or recommend them as it's these kinda sponsors that keep our clus afloat in my mind.

Can't see why any negativety goes towards SS as scorecards are freely available online, just making it easier for fans with less computer knowledge or indeed access.

People who buy programmes always will imo, I still have hundreds if not thousands of programmes dating back to before my birth and to when my dad was riding in the 70s

Or has an individual meeting,or 4tt or any other than the normal format.......

and how many pages are to be added to the SS in order each team's fans can use one of them for their home meeting and chuck the rest away. Absolute madness. Printed ahead of the guests being booked as well, and for which missing rider.

I'm not sure that club sponsors would be too delighted with the news that programmes were going to replaced with a race-card in the SS. That's a great incentive to give them isn't it - when, as a promoter, you are striving to renew your sponsorship deal!

Speedway programmes are pretty naff; and they more or less always have been. But I have always bought one, even at away tracks - because it's putting a little bit of extra cash back towards that particular club.

Speedway Star - still buy it occasionally - if and when I see it at a track.

To be honest, I always much preferred The Speedway Mail. Being produced in Walthamstow, it always covered the Hackney Hawks in much greater depth. I also preferred the Newspaper format more than a magazine.

I must admit - The sadly departed Speedway Mail was my preference too. :t::sad: :sad:

and how many pages are to be added to the SS in order each team's fans can use one of them for their home meeting and chuck the rest away. Absolute madness. Printed ahead of the guests being booked as well, and for which missing rider.

:rofl: They are Generic and left blank...you fill in the riders names yourself. It's not rocket science. Look at a generic print your own. You'll be wanting a dot to dot page and a bag of crayons thrown in next, to go with your colouring book... :rofl: Absolute madness indeed...why make it so bloody pedantic and complicated.

Speedway Star - still buy it occasionally - if and when I see it at a track.

To be honest, I always much preferred The Speedway Mail. Being produced in Walthamstow, it always covered the Hackney Hawks in much greater depth. I also preferred the Newspaper format more than a magazine.

I must admit - The sadly departed Speedway Mail was my preference too. :t::sad: :sad:

Modesty prevents me mentioning who had a freelance editorial role with 'Speedway Mail' between about early 1973 until 1983. 'Speedway Mail' was also very much the training ground for Tony McDonald's entry into speedway journalism.

Edited by Guest

Main issue is the liss of revenue to the club's. Yes people can print their own, but I suspect many speedway fans either don't own a printer or can't be bothered.

As an analogy, it's like the difference between allowing fans to bring a sandwich in them, vs allowing an additional vendor to sell hot food in the stadium in competition with the original vendor.

:rofl: They are Generic and left blank...you fill in the riders names yourself. It's not rocket science. Look at a generic print your own. You'll be wanting a dot to dot page and a bag of crayons thrown in next, to go with your colouring book... :rofl: Absolute madness indeed...why make it so bloody pedantic and complicated.

OK. I'll leave you to continue that then.

Oh dear oh dear....to buy a programme or not to buy a programme!!! Such are the problems in life these days. Buy one or print your own. Simple. Fks sake.

I print my own. Enjoy filling in the blank and the £3 I use instead on Speedway Star. Please contact the head of technical issues if anyone has difficulty getting their heads around this.

• Like 2

OK. I'll leave you to continue that then.

It's a very simple idea...made complicated by the likes of you and others reasoning. It's a good reflection of how speedway is tbh...think of a simple idea, then find reasons why it won't work and make it as complicated as possible. Seems certain people just want to be negative and find reasons for ideas not to work. It's hardly ground breaking...printing a blank score card in SS...what is so wrong with that idea? It's not taking anything away from SS and just providing another option for the fan. Why all the negativity?

We've got programmes...we got blanks to print...why not a third option...why is that so hard for some people to think it's positive? What harm is there?

.........teaboy279...............People who buy programmes always will imo, I still have hundreds if not thousands of programmes dating back to before my birth and to when my dad was riding in the 70s.

Don't suppose his name was Robert? :)

• Like 1

I think I know what you are getting at. :nono: :nono: :nono:

• Like 1

No it wasn't :)

I think I know what you are getting at. :nono: :nono: :nono:

Have I missed something? Edited by teaboy279