British Speedway Forum

I'm not sure what Speedway Star can do to help. They post them and then it's beyond their control. When notified of late or none delivery they can complain but realistically cannot force Royal Mail to do anything about it.

My experience over many years is that about 90% of the time it is delivered on a Thursday, 9% on a Friday and 1%, about once every couple of years, it is delivered on the following Monday or Tuesday or, not delivered at all. A call to the magazine has always been dealt with politely and efficiently and a new copy has been delivered to me, usually the next day.

....................... and what about the other 90%? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure::blink:

I'm not sure what Speedway Star can do to help. They post them and then it's beyond their control. When notified of late or none delivery they can complain but realistically cannot force Royal Mail to do anything about it.

My experience over many years is that about 90% of the time it is delivered on a Thursday, 9% on a Friday and 1%, about once every couple of years, it is delivered on the following Monday or Tuesday or, not delivered at all. A call to the magazine has always been dealt with politely and efficiently and a new copy has been delivered to me, usually the next day.

Note to TWK, eyesight test required. :approve::rofl: 90 + 9 + 1 = 100%

• Like 2

Note to TWK, eyesight test required. :approve::rofl: 90 + 9 + 1 = 100%

Ooops - I'm off to Specsavers. :t::approve:

Many apologies Aces51. :t::)

SORRY.

• Like 1

When my copy hasn't arrived usually on a Thursday if I have to ring them I have always always found them very helpful friendly,

polite and informative

When my copy hasn't arrived usually on a Thursday if I have to ring them I have always always found them very helpful friendly,

polite and informative

THANK you ... it is frustrating when copies don't arrive on time.

• Like 1

Got to say that there are some excellent photographs in today`s edition- page 19 obviously the best ;)

Yes, great to see a picture of BC. Not sure who that is below him, though. ;)

All the best

Rob

Yes, great to see a picture of BC. Not sure who that is below him, though. ;)

All the best

Rob

SOME good ones online, too, at speedwaystar.net/Xtra.aspx

I love the speedway star. It's a great read with lots of information that otherwise I would be oblivious to.

But tonight I had stumbled across the pairs meeting on Eurosport. Heat 13. Didn't have. Clue it was on and likewise 3 other speedway households didn't.

For a nation that doesn't get to see the big names live that often and with fewer meetings being on tv i don't understand how 3 speedway star reading households were unaware.

I think it's a big meeting. As big as wards benefit meeting. The riders clearly think its big too. So why isn't there a bigger build up to it.

Is it to keep some of the uk promoters on side.

If Eurosport was to get big figures for this. Who is to say one day uk speedway won't be grateful for those figures if the big 2 were to drop British speedway. Eurosport realising its worth taking on.

I'm not saying a big 2 or 4 page spread even. Just an inch mention on the 1 st couple of pages would have done the job

• Like 3

But tonight I had stumbled across the pairs meeting on Eurosport. Heat 13. Didn't have. Clue it was on and likewise 3 other speedway households didn't.

For a nation that doesn't get to see the big names live that often and with fewer meetings being on tv i don't understand how 3 speedway star reading households were unaware.

Four

To rub salt into the wound the replay shows the first race from heat 19. Pretty cheesed off. As much as i like the Speedway Star I'm blaming speedway media for the 18 heats dropped.

Four

make that 5 , i was lucky. i happened to be collecting at a customers house who is the only speedway fan on my round who told me.