British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kraftwerk

Krsko 2017 - Round 1

Well having only seen the racing from heat 13 i am only glad i missed the first 12 if they were the same as the last 11 races.That was one borefest with the racing done after bend 2.The only way is up now at least.

You're lucky Tell, most of us have suffered double bubble compared to you. Great to see the GP series get going and all that but what a dross track to choose for the opener, doesn't exactly whet the appetite for any casuals watching.

Good to see Vaculik win, always comes across well when interviewed, looks really lean & mean this season.

• Like 1

Nerd Alert!

Gate Wins Points

1 7 34

2 8 40

3 8 46

4 0 18

I find that level of disadvantage for one gate to be unacceptable regardless of the processional racing beyond the first corner

The track up to Ht 8 was about the same as Wards meeting.

No sign of Doyle and co trying to get it called off though.

Funny that.

• Like 3

Woffinden hasn't jumped the start once actually, he tried and failed. He punished himself both times, rather than gain an advantage and cause the race to be stopped... which is what the warning is for..

the warning may be for stopping the race but woffinden jumped twice trying to anticipate the start , the fact that he impeded himself doesn't matter , he was trying to cheat and he was the one who made vaculik jump, unfortunately the ref was his usual useless and warns the wrong rider, got a feeling we are going to see some tactical twitching on the start line when a rider knows the rider next to him is on a warning Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 4

Come on fast Freddie! !Congratulations Martin. Good start to the season.

Lindgren joint leader in the world right now.

You'll be pleased to know that Lindgren actually leads the series, by virtue of his lower GP number!

• Like 1

I agree with TDM. When the green light comes on, everyone should be standing still and if someone moves, give that someone a warning.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

New rule required - watering of the track prior to start of the meeting has to be finished 1 hour before the start. They were watering heavily 30 minutes before the start.!!!

Then looked like no grading for the whole meeting.

The quality of racing was pretty dreadful - and that is all down to the poor track preperation, not the quality of riders capabilities.

Got to be poor when gate 4 is so highly disadvantaged.

Well done the top 3, Vaculik, Lindgren and Dudek, though as the season progresses I feel that Dudek might be the one who is more consistent.

Dont think anyone mentioned Emil yet. Slow start to the meeting, but then tuned in, but picked the wrong gate in the semi (gate 2) when the "best" gate had moved over to 3.

Look at the state of Woffinden's ears.

Makes his head look like an X-box controller.

Cant remember any recent world champion in any sport that looks as bad as TW does - does'nt help to present speedway to attract newcomers.

Has he been on Question of Sport yet? You get to see personalities from all sorts of sports but not speedway, not surprised really.

Cant remember any recent world champion in any sport that looks as bad as TW does - does'nt help to present speedway to attract newcomers.

Has he been on Question of Sport yet? You get to see personalities from all sorts of sports but not speedway, not surprised really.

his look apeals to the yuff apparently and him not appearing on question of sport is more to do with the BBC having their heads stuck firmly up their own backsides
  • Like 1

Now that's better, a rostrum containing three riders who earned the right to be there !!!

The three riders who went through the GP Challenge qualifiers last year monopolise the rostrum again.

That is good to see though as I think it is important for the series to maintain the opportunity for all (it's obviously not that open of course) to be able to qualify.

If they will sign with Krsko after today's farce we will have a solid proof for BSI acting against Poland and Polish speedway wich is in fact against international law and FIM regulations.

let's not even mention the appalling ruling set down by the Poles on the 2 country rule for every foreign rider.

:nono:

• Like 2

the warning may be for stopping the race but woffinden jumped twice trying to anticipate the start , the fact that he impeded himself doesn't matter , he was trying to cheat and he was the one who made vaculik jump, unfortunately the ref was his usual useless and warns the wrong rider, got a feeling we are going to see some tactical twitching on the start line when a rider knows the rider next to him is on a warning

The only facts that matter are that Woffinden did not cause any races to be stopped. As such he can't be warned for delaying the start. It's not complicated.

As for tactical twitching, one of the most ridiculous ideas I have ever heard.. Let's risk 'twitching' and completely missing the gate on the off chance that the guy next to me 'might' react at the right time to get a flyer..

The rule has been like this since touching the tapes became an exclusion, if one guy moves, but another touches the tapes, the one who touches the tapes is excluded. Hardly something new.

I agree with TDM. When the green light comes on, everyone should be standing still and if someone moves, give that someone a warning.

I also agree that is how the rule SHOULD be.

However, it seems it isn't, so therefore the warnings were correct.

People blaming the track but I would blame the preparation.

I am positive there will be tactical twitching at the start. :D:D

Woffinden tweet: 8 points not bad! 24h NO rain and they prepare a track like that for the best riders in the world to wobble around!