British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
balderdash&piffle

Championship Teams Comparison Time

Don't even know where to start with this one, yours is even worse!!

Oh thanks is that your opinion.

Of course he's trolling!! He has a dislike for Ipswich despite his denials which you probably aren't aware of.

Whether this Ipswich team is rated as favourites or not is irrelevant. Some will rate them as favourites, other like yourself, may not see what the fuss is about and think they're overrated. But one thing this team isn't as it stands, is a bottom 3 team. That's just ridiculous.

He even had Edinburgh higher who at the time had only named three riders.TBF Kerr was a victim of the numbers game as much as anything else. Barker had suddenly become available and Ipswich as a team were underperforming. Something had to be done to try and improve and Kerr was the unlucky one although thankfully he was soon snapped up by Scunthorpe.

With the greatest of respect to Kerr also, he doesn't have the same pedigree as Schlein. Would you have been happy to take him at Peterborough?

Best case scenario is he lives up to his pedigree and pushes King for the number 1 race jacket, worse case scenarios he doesn't look the same rider as previous years but even then IMO a 7 point average looks modest. I honestly don't see a "gamble" of any sort.

Time will tell.

No I wouldn't, past his best, serious injuries and a disrupting influence in a team who is well known for not liking wet conditions.

Your welcome to him, I see him as a big gamble.

No I wouldn't, past his best, serious injuries and a disrupting influence in a team who is well known for not liking wet conditions.

Your welcome to him, I see him as a big gamble.

Fair enough no problem with that.

Can see why you'd have that opinion TBF, I mean why would anyone want Schlein when you've got Oystercard on a near identical average.

The thing people still seem to be forgetting is that any riders worth anything next year will up there averages because the points limit is only 40 per team. Unless they have an absolute mare of a season they are bound to appear to improve even if they actually don't.

Every fan will obviously have high hopes for their team and expect the best from them, unfortunately there will inevitably be the also rans who are shocking but Speedway has a points limit to try and start everything off on an even playing field.

As a Witches fan although I have one or two reservations about riders returning from serious injury I know if they perform to the best of their ability they will be in the mix-up come the business end of the season.

I really don't know why posters on here feel the need to slag off other teams and then start on posts that are not quite grammatically correct. We don't all have University degrees in English!

You're either blatantly a troll, or you're absolutely clueless when it comes to Speedway.

Everyone will have an opinion, some will rate Ipswich as favourites, some will rate Sheffield or Glasgow as favourites.

But to suggest that this Ipswich team will be bottom three then like I say you're either completely clueless, or trolling.

I wish people would stop the troll type posts, and this one is one of the worse.

Firstly you accuse the person of been a troll (blatantly) on the first line

Then by the third line you say is either a troll or clueless, which would suggest that you cannot make your mind up.

Why cannot people accept that a forum is for people to give there views and ideas no matter how diverse they are, without resorting to calling them a troll.

• Like 5

and then start on posts that are not quite grammatically correct. We don't all have University degrees in English!

You really don't need one for the most basic English grammar. This is one area I always used to agree with Mr Snackette and although I wasn't a fan of his delivery at times, I did understand where he was coming from.

I'm not one to specifically pull people up on it, but I admit I do find it irritating to see the most basic grammatical errors.

I wish people would stop the troll type posts, and this one is one of the worse.

Firstly you accuse the person of been a troll (blatantly) on the first line

Then by the third line you say is either a troll or clueless, which would suggest that you cannot make your mind up.

Why cannot people accept that a forum is for people to give there views and ideas no matter how diverse they are, without resorting to calling them a troll.

You're another who clearly doesn't know the history of this poster. When it comes to Ipswich, he's a troll.

Pure and simple.

Edited by Catch22
  • Like 1

I blame the schools or was it the parents or maybe Tony Blair or perhaps Maggie Thatcher or the BSPA or Big Jock or Gazza or the BSF?

• Like 2

Much of what's best been said about Schlein was said about Kerr last year and he was quickly dropped by the witches, I think Covatti, Newman and Heeps have found their level, both the youngsters have age on their side and should improve whilst King is a class act at this level but unlikely to add much if anything at all.

It's not a bad side but the real gamble is Schlein, if he comes good they could shine but if he doesn't the tail could wag a bit.

But you could also say this about another fancied side in Sheffield. You could argue Grajczonek, Howarth, Todd Kurtz and Bates have also "found their level"? That's four of their top 5. They've all been on similar averages for a few years now. Bates is seen as an excellent signing but in three years he's averaged, 3.53, 5.58 and 5.02. On top of that he's publicly said he doesn't want to be there.

I'm not saying I don't rate Sheffield as I definitely think they'll be in the mix as I think Bjerre is the big average improver and they have talented youth at reserve, but there's question marks in every single team named.

Edited by Bloomy

I make plenty of grammatical and spelling mistakes, and I don't care. Having not attended my first school class till I was eleven, due to a serious brain injury when younger. You want to pick me up on my mistakes, go ahead.

You really don't need one for the most basic English grammar. This is one area I always used to agree with Mr Snackette and although I wasn't a fan of his delivery at times, I did understand where he was coming from.

I'm not one to specifically pull people up on it, but I admit I do find it irritating to see the most basic grammatical errors.

You're another who clearly doesn't know the history of this poster. When it comes to Ipswich, he's a troll.

Pure and simple.

I dont have history... i dont rate your team get over it

so , just because you go on other teams websites , offer an opinion , because what you have written and it does not fall inline with what that teams fans think you should writing.. you are classed as a troll .

easy way out , dont go on other teams website and have an opinion . me . i love being a troll . it makes the world go round .

plus the fact that it is in a thread headed championship comparison time .

trolls unite.

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Don't even know where to start with this one, yours is even worse!!

But not as bad as your inane bull.

sheffield.glasgow.peterbourgh should make play offs all got at least one good reserve bradley dean wilson should clean up and they will always have another good rider to go down to reserve if there other reseves move into main body of team.

my team newcastle will not win a meeting away from home in my opinion far to weak at reserve which means both lambert and worrall will have to score double figures every single meeting just to stand a chance of picking up a bonus point lindren no good away from home but i hope am proved wrong

not nit picking .B..D. W or should it be B.W.D.............