British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
balderdash&piffle

Championship Teams Comparison Time

Think the teams look more even than ever before next season. Can only be good for the League if a lot of matches are close next year.

totally agree with this and because of that Im really looking forward to 2017.

Some great looking teams and none that look out of their depth.

Should be a superb hard fought competition

👍👍

Dude, seriously. You can say what you like, but get your facts right. It was a cardboard box with a tarpaulin(correct spelling) roof. What a knob jockey

It may have morphed into that in what you saw but the facts are right. As for the spelling, it's not a phrase we use down our way too often due to the brick houses, but you obviously use it a lot getting supplies at your local DIY. I didn't take much notice with a quick c&p at near 11pm. However, the correct facts and spelling:

[4th Yorkshireman:]

Well, when I say ‘house’ it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin, but it was a house to us.

[2nd Yorkshireman:]

We were evicted from our hole in the ground; we ‘ad to go and live in a lake.

[3rd Yorkshireman:]

You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in the shoebox in the middle of the road.

[1st Yorkshireman:]

Cardboard box?

[3rd Yorkshireman:]

Aye.

[1st Yorkshireman:]

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank (that's Taps' house next to your hole in the ground).

And back on topic, can't say that the northern championship interests me too much. I think Panthers made the wrong choice, and given the southern bias and weakening of what was the EL I'd have prefered that re-badged model. However, Rathbone and Swales thought different, so be it!

Edited by Crump99

And back on topic, can't say that the northern championship interests me too much. I think Panthers made the wrong choice, and given the southern bias and weakening of what was the EL I'd have prefered that re-badged model. However, Rathbone and Swales thought different, so be it!

Im happy with The Championship but agree that there would be great advantages to being in a league where Ipswich Pboro Lynn and Rye etc were grouped together.

I can see promotion/relegation not happening and either one big league or a north south split on equal terms for 2018.

• Like 1

Think the teams look more even than ever before next season. Can only be good for the League if a lot of matches are close next year.

Spot on completely agree, not one team that you can honestly say yeah definitely fancy us to go and win there! Obviously everyone's going to have different opinions on which teams look the best overall but I think every set of fans will be happy with the team put together to race on their home tracks, away points are going to be hard to come by this year and will be the difference between playoffs and also rans imo

I can see promotion/relegation not happening .

Really, well what a surprise.

Spot on completely agree, not one team that you can honestly say yeah definitely fancy us to go and win there! Obviously everyone's going to have different opinions on which teams look the best overall but I think every set of fans will be happy with the team put together to race on their home tracks, away points are going to be hard to come by this year and will be the difference between playoffs and also rans imo

Totally agree all teams poor to middling.

Really, well what a surprise.

does the big space represent the space between the average Pussycat fans ears??

😲😆😛

Quite the contrary then, don't think we agree at all

Edited by 89buttons

Quite the contrary then, don't think we agree at all

Seemingly irony is lost on some

does the big space represent the space between the average Pussycat fans ears??

😲😆😛

No, it represents where the Panthers will be in the final league table & where Ipswich will be.

No, it represents where the Panthers will be in the final league table & where Ipswich will be.

thats a bit harsh on yourselves - i dont think you will finish that far down 😛

thats a bit harsh on yourselves - i dont think you will finish that far down

I think both teams have a great chance of making the play offs. What a spicy grand final that would make :D

• Like 2

An Ipswich/Peterborough playoff final, now that would be fun if both sides haven't lost too many riders to injury during the season!

• Like 2