British Speedway Forum
KIRKYLANE

Belle Vue / Coventry Nl

I presume Woodhall means Ben Woodhull and his brother?

You're asking a lot of a 15-year-old rookie in Bickley to ride in the top 5 and go out in heat 1 against the big no.1s.

Just get someone on 3.01 or just over at No.2 and put Bickley at reserve where he won't be out of his depth and can take 7 rides. Then you'll be play-off material. (asuming you can get the others)

Edited by John Leslie

I presume Woodhall means Ben Woodhull and his brother?

You're asking a lot of a 15-year-old rookie in Bickley to ride in the top 5 and go out in heat 1 against the big no.1s.

Just get someone on 3.01 or just over at No.2 and put Bickley at reserve where he won't be out of his depth and can take 7 rides. Then you'll be play-off material. (asuming you can get the others)

You'd start Bickley at reserve with the Woodhull that the promotion think is the worse of the two in the 1-5. If Bickley is as good as the hype then he'll be in the 1-5 once the first set of averages come out anyway.

As a guess and i kind of hope im wrong as it would be a great side

Bewley - 8.65

Terry-Daly - 4.55

Phillips - 6.25

Smith - 6.32

Shuttleworth - 6.60

Halder - 3.57

Bickley - 3.00

Total 38.94

Be a good team,wouldn't go as far as great thou.

Ok i concede its a solid team. Lacking a little bit of punch from the other heat leaders but would constantly have a solid reserve pairing plus engine room. I would say there are not many last places in that team & if you are not running lasts you are not being beaten.

I'd have thought that the first signing would need to be a promoter and the second signing would need to be the lease on a stadium. Without those, the whole joint venture will go to the wind.

• Like 1

I'd have thought that the first signing would need to be a promoter and the second signing would need to be the lease on a stadium. Without those, the whole joint venture will go to the wind.

What is clear is that Bewley, Bickley, Smith, Shuttleworth, Payne and the Woodhall brothers have not signed for any NL club.

In the case of 5 of those, that would be extremely surprising unless they had very reasonable belief that they had somewhere lined up.

• Like 1

What is clear is that Bewley, Bickley, Smith, Shuttleworth, Payne and the Woodhall brothers have not signed for any NL club.

In the case of 5 of those, that would be extremely surprising unless they had very reasonable belief that they had somewhere lined up.

I hope for the sake of the riders that they have something in writing otherwise they might be just a little miffed if the Cut 'n' Shuts don't get off the ground.

Quite who they would have a contract with at this moment in time is a bit of a teaser.

If no new Belle Vue promoter is actually in place, then I'm not quite sure who the prospective riders could have a contract with.

And I'm not entirely sure what Coventry's contribution to this venture is likely to be.

It makes you think that this scenario must be a little further down the road than it would appear to the mere speedway supporter.

:t:

Think the Top flight fixtures are released this month, and there is no way that they can include Belle vue with no promoter.

So if Belle Vue fixtures are released I would say that there is a fair chance there is a new promotion on board.

Although it has been suggested elsewhere that as because the belle vue Aces name was stripped from the old promoters that it would have to be advertised publicly for tendor.

This is normally where we write "only in speedway" could a brand new facility potentially face the prospect of sitting empty, but look at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry.

Think the Top flight fixtures are released this month, and there is no way that they can include Belle vue with no promoter.

So if Belle Vue fixtures are released I would say that there is a fair chance there is a new promotion on board.

Although it has been suggested elsewhere that as because the belle vue Aces name was stripped from the old promoters that it would have to be advertised publicly for tendor.

This is normally where we write "only in speedway" could a brand new facility potentially face the prospect of sitting empty, but look at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry.

As far as I can see, Christopher Morton still owns Belle Vue Speedway, even if in name only.

I don't believe that we have reached the stage in this country where a company that has not been declared insolvent or gone into administration can be taken off it's apparently legal owner just because people don't like the way it's being run.

With this in mind, surely Chris Morton is involved in the negotiations for the future of Belle Vue Speedway and if it can be shown that the unfortunate events that led to the club's current predicament were outside his control, then his involvement may well continue.

But the Ricoh Arena isn't empty, it has the Rugby club playing the now and still runs other events

The Ricoh Arena details:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricoh_Arena