British Speedway Forum
Skid Sprocket

And The Good News Is,

What's been happening at Glasgow for a few seasons now is nothing but good news, same goes for rye house. Plymouth has been saved, as has lakeside and Berwick. Birmingham was rescued recently and IOW made a comeback and by all accounts is doing well. We have more clubs racing than anywhere else in Europe over 3 leagues, surely this is all good news?

• Like 5

While we are all trying to be - and justifiably so- in an upbeat mood for the 2017 season, just a reminder in regard to two threads at the other extreme being debated.

They are:

Does British Speedway Have Future?

and also

When Did Uk Speedway Decline Start?

Keep smiling! :icon_smile_clown:

Seriously, if you haven't got anything positive to say say nothing at all.

It's not a thread about "all thing are rosie" but more that there are good things about modern Speedway rather than all negative.

• Like 5

While we are all trying to be - and justifiably so- in an upbeat mood for the 2017 season, just a reminder in regard to two threads at the other extreme being debated.

They are:

and also

I haven't seen it yet but to keep a balance I assume you will be posting a link to this topic in the two you mention.

• Like 3

The quality of racing and the view you get at The NSS is really special.

Bucking the trend and doubling the crowd figures made for an excellent atmosphere.

Watching the Brits from young Kyle and Dan though to Scotty, with Craig and the Worrall's in between was a joy as was the GB performance in the SWC on that memorable night.

The Ace flying high at the top of the table plus having the chance to meet and chat with the riders after meetings.

Forget the politics and back biting etc, speedway is still the most passionate, adrenaline fuelled sport you can get.

• Like 6

What all the Supporter's Clubs do has to be positive, helps their clubs, fans and riders.

• Like 1

I haven't seen it yet but to keep a balance I assume you will be posting a link to this topic in the two you mention.

That's an excellent suggestion Skid Sprocket. I will attend to this. It will nicely equate a balance of opinions.

Swindon moving to their new arena, entering a team in the National Trophy, threatened clubs continuing to race, the GPs, bring it on!

They are:

and also

Seriously, if you haven't got anything positive to say say nothing at all.

It's not a thread about "all thing are rosie" but more that there are good things about modern Speedway rather than all negative.

Obviously I did think my Post was worthwhile. That's why I placed it. We don't live in a world where we all wear rose-toted spectacles. As it is, Skid Sprocket who made the OP is happy enough with what has transpired - and so am I. The benefit - this thread is now in Links on two other threads and could now attract visitors on them to this thread. Nothing wrong with that happening IMO. :approve:

Edited by Guest

Obviously I did think my Post was worthwhile. That's why I placed it. We don't live in a world where we all wear rose-toted spectacles. As it is, Skid Sprocket who made the OP is happy enough with what has transpired - and so am I. The benefit - this thread is now in Links on two other threads and could now attract visitors on them to this thread. Nothing wrong with that happening IMO. :approve:

It is still beyond me why a poster like you would want to bring attention to two negative threads, when the thread you are posting on is specifically for posts that are good news.

To get attention or a wrecking ball, you decide.

• Like 8

It is still beyond me why a poster like you would want to bring attention to two negative threads, when the thread you are posting on is specifically for posts that are good news.

You just don't give up with the anti-gustix vendetta do you? And other like you!

Maybe I made the Links I did to possibly help Posters on this thread to negate what is said in them and give a happier tone about future possible happenings in the speedway world at large.

...and I did just as suggested by OP Skid Sprocket - which he welcomed - and now gives those who Post on those threads an insight into a possibly 'happier speedway future.'

Edited by Guest

Although you have to carefully read every word that Gustic posts, on this occasion "the good news is" that he did post a link to this one on both the other threads. You have to give credit where its due.

19 riders who rode in last years Nat league have championship team places and another 3 have Prem team places.Progress for the young Brits the way it should be.Its what the British leagues need now more than ever.

I think the leagues should well look after the young Brits and the Australians they are mostly loyal to our leagues and are i m o the key to British speedways future.

• Like 3

Going off topic but I was wondering who this 'Jack Keen' is who has never made a contribution but usually likes the posts Gustix makes?

Edited by Gemini

Going off topic but I was wondering who this 'Jack Keen' is who has never made a contribution but usually likes the posts Gustix makes?

In all honesty I have no idea who this Jack Keen is. My supposition is that it's one of my 'many detractors' under an alias, but obviously I have no idea how to find out who it is. I see the JK Likes sometimes at the bottom my posts. However, I never check the symbol at the top of a page where LIKES are listed.

I am not sure how many LIKES this section registers before reverting to a new start. At the moment there are 44 LIKES recorded. Previously the register went to more than 50 before reverting to a new start.

If there is a member who can advise me how to find out who JK might be it would be appreciated - send a PM if you do not want the message to appear on site. I did a members' check on Jack Keen and noticed, as has Gemini, that this member has never posted a message.

Edited by Guest