British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Grand Prix Challenge 2017

2 big semi-finals this week.

1st up on Thursday 15th June(bank holiday) in Olching Germany meeting starts at 1pm UK time - practice is Wednesday at 2pm local.

2nd semi is on Saturday 17th in Terenzano Italy meeting starts at 7pm UK time- practice same day 2pm local

Is practice compulsory? I think from memory it is for FIM events so guess no Huckenbeck for Lynn on Wednesday.

Is practice compulsory? I think from memory it is for FIM events so guess no Huckenbeck for Lynn on Wednesday.

No not compulsory- however I would be surprised at this stage of the competition if any riders didn`t.

• Like 1

No not compulsory- however I would be surprised at this stage of the competition if any riders didn`t.

Nothing surprises me any more !!!!!!!

Nice to see at least one forum poster can have his mind changed! :icon_smile_clown:

You have to question the race offs there, whoever ended up picking last ended up with the death gate (white). Few surprises there but apart from Pawlicki and Vaculik, none of those are GP quality.

Madsen is second in the Polish averages. Whether he's coming of age or simply having a great season remains to be seen.

Bjerre should qualify for the Final, cannot see Vaculik and maybe Pawlicki finishing outside the top eight in the GP's,

Bjerre should qualify for the Final, cannot see Vaculik and maybe Pawlicki finishing outside the top eight in the GP's,

It's the GP Challenge final where, if any of the top three also finish in the top 8 of the main series, the fourth rider in the Challenge final goes through to the following year's GPs.

Good to see Madsen through. I like his riding style, and if he can keep his form going he could be through for next year.

• Like 1

Just six riders attended practice today.

Cue riders who didn't quite make it blame the inability to find a set up as their reason of not qualifying.

Cue riders who didn't quite make it blame the inability to find a set up as their reason of not qualifying.

Let`s hope all 3 of the riders who missed their British commitments last night were among the 6- although to be fair to Bjerre he got well banged up in a Polish crash on Sunday so might still have been recovering.

Edited by racers and royals