British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

"unlucky" Riders, Always In The Wrong Place, At The Wrong Time.

Did Leigh ever come second to Tony? I dont think he was unlucky just ultimately not quite good enough to be the best

Definitely good enough just not ruthless enough imo.

Definitely good enough just not ruthless enough imo.

Surely ruthlessness is part of what makes a good rider though? I always liked Adams but never at the beggining of a season did i think he would be world champ that year

I always like Leigh Adams - a superb Rider to watch - he made Speedway look so easy.

Sad he never made World Champion - still up there with the best in my opinion.

Has anyone heard how he is progressing these days?

Feel sorry for Adam Roynon too. Whether the crashes were his fault or not is by the by though. His main problem is/was being so brittle-boned. When you see the crashes that other riders walk away from and then you see Roynon breaking a leg just from laying his bike down, you just have to conclude that his body just wasn't built for this sport.

Feel sorry for Adam Roynon too. Whether the crashes were his fault or not is by the by though. His main problem is/was being so brittle-boned. When you see the crashes that other riders walk away from and then you see Roynon breaking a leg just from laying his bike down, you just have to conclude that his body just wasn't built for this sport.

The one at King's Lynn when riding with Cradley was extraordinary.

Depending on who's view you might accept, he collected Nielsen coming off the corner, Nielsen came off and his out of control bike bounced off the fence and smashed into Roynon near the starting gate.

• Like 1

Leigh Adams - if only his career hadn't coincided with that of the great Tony Rickardsson, he would surely have won a world title. (Anyone know how Leigh is doing now after his accident a few years back?)

If anyone was unlucky to ride against TRick then it was Crump who had how many second places to him? 3 I think. I dont think any rider has more Speedway WC silver medals than Crump!

Anyone who rode for Leicester, Belle Vue or Coventry, was in the wrong place at the wrong time, if they wanted paying

Okay which riders didn't get paid at Coventry?

Rory Schlein spends more time injured than fit. Shame as he is a good rider.

Okay which riders didn't get paid at Coventry?

Hello Lord Skid. Any answer to back your statement up?

I seem to recall Mike Farrell of Exeter and Leicester always seemed to get injured far too often. I don't remember seeing him actually ride though.

I seem to recall Mike Farrell of Exeter and Leicester always seemed to get injured far too often. I don't remember seeing him actually ride though.

Didn't he break his thigh whilst on Leicesters books? (Mike Farrell) that is....

Very talented motorcyclist was Mike, after he's speedway days he got into vintage road racing & i'm told either crashed or won. Become very good mates with Barry Sheen, so much so he was a beneficiary in his will. A dab hand with engines, he has played a part in somersets Jake Allens success.

• Like 2

If anyone was unlucky to ride against TRick then it was Crump who had how many second places to him? 3 I think. I dont think any rider has more Speedway WC silver medals than Crump!

5 runners up medals, Hans Nielsen has 6! 3 of crumps behind t rick (the other 2 behind nicki). Hans finished behind gundersen for 3 of his and t rick for one of the others.

Didn't he break his thigh whilst on Leicesters books? (Mike Farrell) that is....

Broken leg apparently.

During the 1974-75 British Lions tour of Australia he was spotted in a North Qld vs Great Britain meeting by Lions team manager Wally Mawdsley and made his British League debut with the Exeter Falcons in 1975 alongside then four time World Champion Ivan Mauger. A broken wrist meant that he missed most of the 1976 season but he progressed on his return, reaching the Intercontinental Final in 1978.[2] He requested a transfer at the end of the season and in 1979 joined his friend John Titman at Leicester Lions. A hand injury limited his season and the following season only lasted until April, when he suffered a broken leg while riding in a Midland League match against Birmingham, complications from the injury ending his career.