British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

"unlucky" Riders, Always In The Wrong Place, At The Wrong Time.

"Moggo" Alan Mogridge, always seemed to be on his backside, or in the fence, always seemed unlucky to me....

Edited by Shale Searcher

Adam Roynon.

Great Rider who could have gone so much further without so many injuries.

• Like 8

Adam Roynon.

Must be one of the unluckiest riders injury wise. ever to have rode out of the pitgates

Got some serious bottle as well to continue riding.

• Like 3

Ageee with Adam Roynon. How many of his injuries have been his own fault? Only one I can think of is when he did his back riding for Coventry at Swindon on the 3rd bend. He's mostly been unlucky getting involved in others crashes or mistakes.

"Moggo" Alan Mogridge, always seemed to be on his backside, or in the fence, always seemed unlucky to me....

Seeing that most of the time, it was self-inflicted, I don't think that he could be classed as "unlucky"!!! Moggo is a mate, so he won't mind me saying that! Anyway, he had a long and fairly successful career, so I don't think he would complain.

Steve

• Like 1

Dont know about ALWAYS being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but Hampel certainly was very much in the wrong place at the wrong time when he broke his leg that took him out of the gp's.

• Like 2

Vic Harding was in the wrong place just the once.

One of the most unluckiest riders must have been Arne Pander. He could have been more prolific than he was but always picked up an injury which held him back.

Vic Harding was in the wrong place just the once.

Yes and I guess Tommy Jansson was the same. If Tommy had gated he wouldn't have been in the position that he found himself attempting to go around a rider when they came together.

Remember Rolf Gramstad of Leicester? Got hit by Zednek Kundra doing a practice start in long track meeting, or was it grass track? However, he never rode again, got paralysed... He was a great prospect for Leicester....

Have to agree Adam Roynon is the stand out candidate for this award and I agree that his accidents have rarely been his fault.

Very safe rider with lots of bottle and an absolute hero for Cradley after signing himself out of hospital to attend the end of season gathering.

• Like 1

Adam Roynon.

Remember Adam Roynon starting out in his first year at Mildenhall. Had an awful crash, clipping a team mate coming off the fourth bend breaking both wrists and that was just the start.

Ray Morton at Newcastle. He used to get injured every time he was at our place. I joked about it with him, and he just laughed it off. I think it was at Jesper Olsen's Testimonial in about 2002, a Select team were against a Danish Select, when Bjarne's engine seized going past the start gate and Ray was immediately behind him. He tried to ride through a gap that wasn't there and collected Bjarne, bike and fence mesh and I think did his ankle along with a few cuts and bruises. Luckily Bjarne only lost a finger nail if I remember correct.