British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Prediction Time

The good thing is that whoever you predict to finish bottom it is possible to imagine that at home on a good day (and maybe with a little luck) they could beat any of the teams you expect to be in the top three. This hasn't really been the case for the last few years in the NL, and is undoubtedly a positive.

• Like 2

I think the NL this season could be the most competitive and open for years.

Brum were dominate 2016 and finished top 2015.Cradley were dominate 2014 & 2013.

A lot of teams have their strong points and their un-knowns.

I hope there is six or seven Clubs up there,changing positions,to make it an interesting League.

I can see Belle Vue,Birmingham,Cradley,Eastbourne,Mildenhall up there.

And teams like Kent,Lakeside could well surprise a few. :D

Bring it on.

• Like 2

I think it looks a very competitive year and there won't be many points between the pay off places & those who miss out. Certainly makes an exciting prospect with any wobbles or injuries proving costly & the likelihood of close matches will mean those riders who struggle will be more exposed.

I think Belle Vue, Mildenhall, Cradley, Eastbourne & Birmingham will be the play-off contenders, with BV my title tips. Kent then look the next best alongside Buxton and Lakeside (who should do very well at home but awful away). Finally Stoke, Isle of Wight, King's Lynn and Plymouth look the weakest four.

How is everyone's predictions looking so far

Well Claret73's is looking pretty sick Plymouth 5th and Eastbourne 9th ? He must have been on the claret wine.

How is everyone's predictions looking so far

Im actually quite close so far. Couple of positions reversed and im spot on (except for pesky Lakeside being much higher up the table than i anticipated).

Im actually quite close so far. Couple of positions reversed and im spot on (except for pesky Lakeside being much higher up the table than i anticipated).

That's the difficulty with making predictions before the season starts as Hurry undoubtedly makes Lakeside much stronger. Plymouth are the same with Roynon.

• Like 1

No one will touch the Hammers at Lakeside this year, their top 4 are far better than most. Away is a different matter because the bottom end need to

add some points and that seems unlikely

I don't think lakeside will be able to win that many meetings on the road unfortunately I still think they will finish in the top half

Belle vue

Eastbourne

Mildenhall

IOW

Cradley

Birmingham

Kings Lynn

Kent

Lakeside

Buxton

Stoke

Plymouth

Tonight performance from cradley was the reason I didn't put them in top 4 when their team is firing a great force but when it goes wrong it goes horrible wrong and their isn't a leader in that team that can bring the troops together to win and turn it around

Tonight performance from cradley was the reason I didn't put them in top 4 when their team is firing a great force but when it goes wrong it goes horrible wrong and their isn't a leader in that team that can bring the troops together to win and turn it around

Tom Perry CAPTAINED the last 2 title winning teams are you having a laugh ???

wont be because they dont have a rider that can BRING THE TROOPS TOGETHER it will be because there 1-7 isnt good enough

I'm not saying perry isn't a good captain and his history and results speak for themselves, I've seen 3 cradley matches this year where each rider is distant from one another even when they're winning. Look at Plymouth a great team spirit which I think is worth an extra 2-3 points a meeting

Tonight performance from cradley was the reason I didn't put them in top 4 ...

And on last nights performance do you still place Cradley ahead of Birmingham?

The way I see it, this title was Belle Vue's to lose from the moment that the use of the stadium was secured.

After that, never discount trick tracks like Eastbourne and Lakeside getting to the play-off's.

That leaves one place available in the play-off's for a genuine competitive team. And I've not seen them all in action yet, so have no idea who that will be.

Edited by uk martin

Posted my thoughts on Kent on their thread. Looked top 4 material to me, though I've not seen Brummies or Cradley yet this season. Definitely looks a close scrap for that 4th spot.