British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MMX Events

The Darcy Ward Invitational 2017 - Poole

I dont see myself in the wrong at all. Just a different opinion. I wouldn't dream of asking for a refund at a meeting to raise funds for a rider who is affected with injury for the rest of his life.

Clearly others who were there want their money back but to me that idea is abhorrent.

As for Darcy, he would feel obligated to say that. What else could he say? I just hope there's not to many fans, unlike some the whiners on here, who are demanding refunds. Otherwise the whole fund raising effort would have been a waste of time.

so for arguments sake, say you'd decided to travel from Poole to Glasgow for the Ben Fund, but that the meeting got called off or abandoned, you'd be happy to 'let it go'?

• Like 3

I dont see myself in the wrong at all. Just a different opinion. I wouldn't dream of asking for a refund at a meeting to raise funds for a rider who is affected with injury for the rest of his life.

Clearly others who were there want their money back but to me that idea is abhorrent.

As for Darcy, he would feel obligated to say that. What else could he say? I just hope there's not to many fans, unlike some the whiners on here, who are demanding refunds. Otherwise the whole fund raising effort would have been a waste of time.

As had been explained people are not necessarily asking for a full refund and some will not bother to claim it if it becomes available. If it turns out that the fund raising effort was a waste of time then at least place the blame where it belongs. That is not on those who feel entitled to a refund, because the promised event for which they paid was not delivered but on the Poole promoters who knew there were problems with the track but decided not to postpone it and to take the risk that it would have dried out in time for the meeting. They are 100% to blame for the fiasco and must bear the responsibility. Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

was there any track work done between Wednesday and Friday? anybody know?

Of course you have a different opinion. And judging by the comments you are alone in that thought.

Not even Darcy agrees with you. :rofl:

• Like 3

so for arguments sake, say you'd decided to travel from Poole to Glasgow for the Ben Fund, but that the meeting got called off or abandoned, you'd be happy to 'let it go'?

If the weather was to blame as it was at Poole last night I would just have to accept it. Disappointing but if riders won't ride there's nothing anyone can do about it.

In truth I believe the riders could easily have continued and finished the meeting last night. I have seen meetings take place in far more testing conditions all around the country than a spongy first bend.

If the weather was to blame as it was at Poole last night I would just have to accept it. Disappointing but if riders won't ride there's nothing anyone can do about it.

In truth I believe the riders could easily have continued and finished the meeting last night. I have seen meetings take place in far more testing conditions all around the country than a spongy first bend.

when was the last time the track had rain on it prior to Friday evening then?

I'm sure if you knew the track was iffy and the track manager knew too, but travelled, you would be bleating about it calling it a shambles - the same as many Poole fans did last year with Belle Vue

• Like 1

The weather wasn't to blame. It was known that there were spongy patches earlier in the week. The mistake was in not ensuring those patches had dried out and the responsibility for that lies squarely with the promoters.

Well with all your powers why didn't you go out and tell the riders to continue so we could have had value for money.???? I am disgusted with your attitude and faired you better than this Steve. We all know the track was bad, it was NOT a charity event get that sorted in your head. We are not all minted like you. I do not hesitate to give to a worthy cause in charity but this was not fulfilling it's offer. I bet Fat Maud will still fill his pockets out of this. You make me cringe more than all this shambles to be honest you are the only one on this forum with your views and you will not see the picture! After 45 years I am shafted with this sport. Belle Vue was bad enough as myself and my son left the Leicester meeting early to get there at the time. However a refund was issued. I do not expect a refund on this occasion. I and thousands of other fans simply expect a DISCOUNT next week. That is not taking Darcy's money that way. It comes out of Matt's pocket as he allowed this meeting to take place when clearly even you knew the track was not fit in the first place. Please don't keep replying with contempt and rubbish you clearly are on your own. I wonder what our new sponsors Volvo Cars think of it all? A sheer bloody embarrassment. A massive respected company having anything to do with a half hearted half witted organisation! And as for Giles!!!! Ha the less said the better. Edited by Sniffy

Staying away? Thought the place was pretty full myself.

As for asking for a refund, well I honestly can't believe anyone would seriouly dream of doing such a thing. It was hardly a league meeting. It was a fund raiser for Darcy.

To ask for a refund is quite frankly completely and utterly wrong in my opinion.

Steve this was a fund raiser for Darcy. Fans where sold tickets for a speedway meeting the proceeds of which were to go to Darcy's rehabilatation.

What the fans got was shafted. A track that was obviously not raceable from the start and the distinct impression the management knew this but decicded to get 8 heats raced just to take the cash from the fans. any right minded person would feel aggrieved and expect some recompense. If I sponsor someone to do a sky dive and they put on a parachute and jump off a dustbin I wouldn't hand over my money.

The place wont even be half full wednesday night for the next meeting.

Would be interesting to hear the referee's version of the entire event.

Well with all your powers why didn't you go out and tell the riders to continue so we could have had value for money.???? I am disgusted with your attitude and faired you better than this Steve. We all know the track was bad, it was NOT a charity event get that sorted in your head. We are not all minted like you. I do not hesitate to give to a worthy cause in charity but this was not fulfilling it's offer. I bet Fat Maud will still fill his pockets out of this. You make me cringe more than all this shambles to be honest you are the only one on this forum with your views and you will not see the picture! After 45 years I am shafted with this sport. Belle Vue was bad enough as myself and my son left the Leicester meeting early to get there at the time. However a refund was issued. I do not expect a refund on this occasion. I and thousands of other fans simply expect a DISCOUNT next week. That is not taking Darcy's money that way. It comes out of Matt's pocket as he allowed this meeting to take place when clearly even you knew the track was not fit in the first place. Please don't keep replying with contempt and rubbish you clearly are on your own. I wonder what our new sponsors Volvo Cars think of it all? A sheer bloody embarrassment. A massive respected company having anything to do with a half hearted half witted organisation! And as for Giles!!!! Ha the less said the better.

Go and ask for a refund then. Christ almighty if you feel so ripped off with Poole speedway stop going! Moan bloody moan whinge whinge whinge.

Nowt wrong with Giles good bloke.

Go and ask for a refund then. Christ almighty if you feel so ripped off with Poole speedway stop going! Moan bloody moan whinge whinge whinge.

it's attitude like that that gets clubs closed

• Like 7