British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sings4Speedway

New Tyre Compounds

Has anybody else seen anything regarding the new tyre compound regulations?

From what i have seen there will be a harder compound "yellow" ringed tyre that must be used in the Premiership & Championship? The original "red" ringed tyre can only be used at NL and below along with the harder compound if a rider chooses?

Not seen any official release regarding this but there must be a fair amount of older "red" stock rattling around that is now going cheaper? Also what are the prices of the new harder tyre?

Bring in a harder compound tyre so the engines Rev more and blow up and then the riders can all go and buy a shiny new GTR , hell of a business plan 😉

• Like 4

This year's rear tyre is a harder compound.. Riders complaining that tyres were becoming useless after 3, 4 races, borderline dangerous.

So, a new harder compound rear tyre has been made by Mitas, it is recognised by a yellow line around the tyre, crossing the side wall tyre blocks.

This rear tyre must be used in ALL Premiership and Championship League meetings.

The National Development League will be able to use either.

The old Red lined rear tyres, if in (used condition) can be used as a spare in PL and CL meetings.

New (but old stock Red Lined tyres) can be used in any individual meetings)

Apparently, there's only about 70 New condition red lined rears left...

• Like 1

his year's rear tyre is a harder compound.. Riders complaining that tyres were becoming useless after 3, 4 races, borderline dangerous.

So, a new harder compound rear tyre has been made by Mitas, it is recognised by a yellow line around the tyre, crossing the side wall tyre blocks.

This rear tyre must be used in ALL Premiership and Championship League meetings.

The National Development League will be able to use either.

The old Red lined rear tyres, if in (used condition) can be used as a spare in PL and CL meetings.

New (but old stock Red Lined tyres) can be used in any individual meetings)

Apparently, there's only about 70 New condition red lined rears left.

good because i have 4 of them

Edited by speedibee

good because i have 4 of them

Hang on to them. If there is only 70 left they are now collectors items. Except for all those purchased by various clubs in readiness for the upcoming season, i suspect there will be a few spares suppliers who have a lump left over too? Or were they included in the early notice list leaving others to purchase them when they now have restricted use.

Have just seen a pic of a new tyre almost destroyed by just 9 laps......😲

Have just seen a pic of a new tyre almost destroyed by just 9 laps......

Simples - we'll just cut down to 1 lap races.

• Like 1

As I see this new compound, it's a UK thing. The continent is full of the other compounds.

• Like 1

As I see this new compound, it's a UK thing. The continent is full of the other compounds.

yes as usual we have different rule to everyone else :mad:

yes as usual we have different rule to everyone else :mad:

Wont go there... :lol:

But, You also have very different track surfaces to the continent. This compound change might be a good thing. Just that no one apparently knows yet.

I don't think the compound will make a jot of difference. More important is the track surface and the wheel spin, together with the low pressure. I think it's the low pressures some riders are using to gain more grip which is causing excessive tyre wear. I am also not convinced that these Mitas tyres are actually that well made or of quality materials - certainly I used to notice that the blocks would shear off much quicker than on a Dunlop tyre.

I don't think the compound will make a jot of difference. More important is the track surface and the wheel spin, together with the low pressure. I think it's the low pressures some riders are using to gain more grip which is causing excessive tyre wear. I am also not convinced that these Mitas tyres are actually that well made or of quality materials - certainly I used to notice that the blocks would shear off much quicker than on a Dunlop tyre.

Commercial sense from Mitas. Speedway uses the one make only & lasts one meeting but looking at the photo on TJ's twitter feed, not that. It would be interesting to see or know the views of the other riders at the Ben Fund meeting.

Simples - we'll just cut down to 1 lap races.

Do you mean one edge, or both edges? Because if it's one edge, that's about right.... 18 laps is around 4 heats and a couple of laps.... If it's both edges, then we are in trouble.....

Seen a photo of Kenneth Hansens tyre totally destroyed after 3 heats and he states that the old tyres never looked like that.....

Martin Dugard has tweeted one of Luke Bowens after 12 laps, its disintergrated, WTF