British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sings4Speedway

New Tyre Compounds

Not like Rosco to moan.

• Like 4

It seems that the bspa are having a meeting today about issues with this years tyres.

Arron summers was saying he only got four rides at scunny on Sunday before the tyre was destroyed

Arron summers was saying he only got four rides at scunny on Sunday before the tyre was destroyed

= money...

I've seen a fair bit of moaning by Aussie riders but not much by Brits and Danes.

That could be indicative of who I follow on Twitter lol.

• Like 1

I've seen a fair bit of moaning by Aussie riders but not much by Brits and Danes.

That could be indicative of who I follow on Twitter lol.

the people who are struggling with them are the ones who dont know how to set their bikes up properly , no problems whatsoever with them at Wolves last night , and not a single ! destroyed one on the piles left out for NL/ second half lads to take , Hope the SCB take no notice of the whining Aussies and persevere , maybe offer them a course in how to set an engine up themselves rather than simply jump on whatever a ripoff tuner has supplied them with ..

It Will all depend what the tracks like scunny always has a blue groove after 4 heats so it will destroy tyres for fun and kings lynn was always the best for second hand tyres

Forgive my complete ignorance of anything remotely technical but do different tyre pressures have anything to do with it? Or do all riders use the same pressure?

Would depend on riders weight but most go between 6-8 psi as the tyre pressure will go up as the tyre gets hotter and the compound gets softer which then deteriorate track with no dirt will destroy tyres quicker

Would depend on riders weight but most go between 6-8 psi as the tyre pressure will go up as the tyre gets hotter and the compound gets softer which then deteriorate track with no dirt will destroy tyres quicker

Thanks for that.

From the bit in bold I'll assume the whinging Aussies need to go to Weight Watchers :D:D:P

• Like 1

BELIEVE that last year's tyres are now permitted. Another knee-jerk decision by the BSPA that has backfired.

I thought there were very few left?

Get in touch with speedibee, quick!

• Like 1

And the fact that speedway is not ridden outside uk make's this a real problem...
  • Like 1