British Speedway Forum

Will all depend what you pay monthly I have virgin phone and only because it's the fastest broadband around and was going to go to BT sport and when I went to cancel virgin they gave me the BT sport for free for 6 months and took £9 off my monthly bill just to stay with them and told me to call back in 6 months if you are good at haggling you can get a great deal

I wonder what Go Speeds cut will be, probably far more than the clubs will receive, do not understand why the BSPA still goes along with them.

• Like 1

Heard BT have paid £0 for the rights and will only cover their cost for live meetings this is why there are only 18 meetings planned across speedway which includes play offs so really 15 league meetings.

I expected better, shame gospeed are still involved in sucking whatever is/was good left out of the sport

Only positive is riders and clubs have a platform to promote sponsors

If this is true cookie, then the thread I started 'what if' needs further discussion as I am not sure all clubs finances will stretch far enough... Fingers crossed they get something, even if it is a cut of the advertising revenue between races.

Heard BT have paid £0 for the rights and will only cover their cost for live meetings this is why there are only 18 meetings planned across speedway which includes play offs so really 15 league meetings.

I expected better, shame gospeed are still involved in sucking whatever is/was good left out of the sport

Only positive is riders and clubs have a platform to promote sponsors

But then again 20% of £0 is £0.

So will that be GoSpeed's fee this time?

• Like 1

Problem is if bt sport has paid £0 similar to what eurosport pay for british superbike it still holds a value so a finders or negotiation fee could be charged or payable, bspa happy to use gospeed but surely they can negotiate themselves, what else has gospeed done for the sport?

• Like 1

Just cancelled Sky sports, still paying £32.00 a month for basic package, guy on the phone did not realise that they had lost Speedway, still too much to pay Sky!!

As a Virgin customer i'm very happy with this news. Phone, super fast broadband and the XL TV package including BT Sports for 70 squid is acceptable imo. Just hope BT can get the Golf off Sky now :D Bring on shouty and screamy ....

• Like 1

I hope bt lose the shouty brothers.

Natalie quirk fronting the programme first meeting 19 June British final

All BT needs now is some WWF with Hulk Hogan The Undertaker, Rick Flair and they will have a real rival to Speedway😀

Well i've had all the BT sports channels for free ever since Virgin Media introduced them as a bonus for all there customers who have the XL tv package think they may call it their Full House package now .

Must be about £120 a month then.

Anyone wanting half price Sky for 12 months? give me a pm.... but new customers only!

Must be about £120 a month then.

I have the old Big Kahuna pack, 200mb BB, phone and Tv (no movies and sports apart from free BT sports) £41 pm

Just beat Sky Sports in the bidding for the Champions League football and had enough lose change to get the Speedway too.

Who will they get to present it ?

Just beat Sky Sports in the bidding for the Champions League football and had enough lose change to get the Speedway too.

Who will they get to present it ?

read my earlier post Natalie quirk