British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Peterborough V Coventry Challenge 19th Match 12pm

I disagree... when you're fighting a campaign for the identity of a club, the least they could have done was turn up in team colours with that race jacket worn over the top

from what I saw of the programme... I saw it over somebody's shoulder... it even had a column by the club mascots, pinky and perky or whatever their names are... £2.70 well saved I'd say

Also, another annoyance... was told to sit down by the H&S Nazi's on patrol, I generally like to stand at the top of the stand out of everybody's way, have always done this at Peterborough... and now apparently it's not safe

You wasn't allowed to last season, and the Showground threatened to stop Peterborough Panthers using the EOES if fans continued to do so. Yes, its pretty pathetic, but welcome to the world we live in, where individuals will try and do anything for a trip and a claim.

• Like 1

Parking is down to showground I believe, as that's been asked before, and its beyond Geds control.

Even if it is down to the showground that would be because it has not been negotiated in the rental terms to be included in the price, therefore it is within the clubs control and they have chosen to get a reduced rent knowing the fans will have to pay. Obviously this is something they are happy about but short sighted in my opinion.

Edited by jchapman

Gave up on programs because within a very short space I can't remember the meeting anyway and having a program doesnt jog memory. So I have a burger instead

• Like 2

Having such a ridiculously lop sided match up could really harm the Peterbourough promotion. What were they thinking? Result was never in doubt before a wheel had turned.

Oooo I hope you say the same when we come to Wimborne Road and beat you on April 19th!

Please, please, people, stop moaning about the queues (not good I accept), the food (I wouldn't buy it either), the downbeat interviews (I don't like PY much either), the long delay before heat 15 (completely unacceptable), and the 3 only in heat 15 (a silly end to a good days racing).

The Peterborough promotion hosted us for a meeting we had no right to expect. They were gracious and appreciative of the turn out when we gathered for pictures on the back straight at the end of the meeting.

Did you not enjoy seeing riders in a Bees race jacket (thank you NSSC)?

Are you not happy that there are folks trying to keep the team alive, get us bsck on track for 2018 and maybe, just maybe racing at Brandon this year (as we heard in interview if you listened carefully)?

Suspend your normal assessment of meetings for a while. There are a lot of folks working very hard to give us a few Bees meetings and just a glimmer of hope for the future. Be bloody grateful for what we have, please.

• Like 4

Gave up on programs because within a very short space I can't remember the meeting anyway and having a program doesnt jog memory. So I have a burger instead

Maybe all the nitrates in the burgers are affecting your brain's memory :wink:

Even if it is down to the showground that would be because it has not been negotiated in the rental terms to be included in the price, therefore it is within the clubs control and they have chosen to get a reduced rent knowing the fans will have to pay. Obviously this is something they are happy about but short sighted in my opinion.

And just how would you know if this is negotiable or not seeing as you seem to know all the answers.

Oooo I hope you say the same when we come to Wimborne Road and beat you on April 19th!

Please, please, people, stop moaning about the queues (not good I accept), the food (I wouldn't buy it either), the downbeat interviews (I don't like PY much either), the long delay before heat 15 (completely unacceptable), and the 3 only in heat 15 (a silly end to a good days racing).

The Peterborough promotion hosted us for a meeting we had no right to expect. They were gracious and appreciative of the turn out when we gathered for pictures on the back straight at the end of the meeting.

Did you not enjoy seeing riders in a Bees race jacket (thank you NSSC)?

Are you not happy that there are folks trying to keep the team alive, get us bsck on track for 2018 and maybe, just maybe racing at Brandon this year (as we heard in interview if you listened carefully)?

What was said about Brandon? Must've missed that chat.

What was said about Brandon? Must've missed that chat.

Don't know who was being interviewed but he was saying that the circuit could be brought back to racing fitness in 2 to 3 weeks. The stand may need to be roped off (suggesting more damage). But if there was a willingness we could be racing at Brandon this year.

• Like 1

Yes £5 for a burger

Don't know who was being interviewed but he was saying that the circuit could be brought back to racing fitness in 2 to 3 weeks. The stand may need to be roped off (suggesting more damage). But if there was a willingness we could be racing at Brandon this year.

Cheers. Looking at the place it wouldn't take long to get it fit for racing.

Maybe all the nitrates in the burgers are affecting your brain's memory :wink:

All these years I've been buying burgers because I misheard they contained nice traits which obviously cant be bad for you ..... :rofl:

• Like 3