British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Wolves V Poole 27/3/17 + Poole V Wolves 29/3/17 Es.

Missed the point completely. The old formula (used last night) benefits teams like Poole with a strong reserve with 2 protected heats.

Poole benefited last night by using the old formula.

And yet still lost by 10 because of the failings of the 1-5.

Sounds familiar tho doesn't it? Cough cough play offs splutter.

Oh dear, one meeting into the season and you are already biting and getting arrogant! Shame Tai won't be there to save you this time :D;)
  • Like 2

Still trying to gloat about beating half a team in the playoffs? Only way you won last year is because we had riders out and you know it. Make the most of it cause Wolves ain't going to win anything this season. Lol!

still trying to make excuses for your inept play off performance despite bringing in a GP rider on a false average?? PMSFL.

We were the best team in the play offs and you know it.

If we ain't gonna win anything this season looks like Poole will do worse judging on last night's showing.

no doubt the rules will be fiddled to replace Newman with a higher averaged rider 'in the interest of (Poole) speedway'. :wink:

Oh dear, one meeting into the season and you are already biting and getting arrogant! Shame Tai won't be there to save you this time :D;)

It's not getting arrogant pointing out facts. :wink:

True regards Tai, but then you can't bring Lindback or Greg back either. :t:

Forecast is for a dry day tomorrow if overcast. The track should have nicely recovered from the pounding it received last week and we should hopefully see Poole lift the first trophy of the season.

I guess its going to have to be r/r for Kyle again. Be interesting to see if Wolves gamble with Skornicki or stick with r/r who should get them extra points with Masters and Howarth able to take rides.

With KK likely to score double figures, backed up with Andersen, and Klindt at reserve able to take 7 rides, we should be able to pull back the deficit.

James Shanes has yet to do one single lap at Wimborne Road so I hope there's a behind closed doors session for the lad tomorrow afternoon.

Only 12 quid to get in tomorrow as well. Expect a few coaches coming down from Wolverhampton in the hope their team defends their lead?

Yep a Wolves fan and proud of it but not blinkered like Shovlar. Clearly the Wolves management must be at fault, either by 1. sending the wrong format to the printer or 2. not proof reading the draft. If the old format was used then Poole have benefited by their reserves having more protected rides than this years format. Hence those who made the mistake have suffered by it, all equitable one could say. As regards making the image awful, I would ask to whom? The match was not televised, the majority of fans there would not understand, or probably care, about the nuances of the change in formula. The presenter Porky every week asks if there any people new to speedway, and there were a few. They wouldn't even be aware that there had been a change in formula. So yes it was an error/mistake but hardly a capital offence for a challenge match. For me the main point we got the meeting on, and it was enjoyable with good racing.

Except we're meant to be a serious sport now that people can bet on. By messing up the format they had a serious effect on betting.

A footballer was sacked a few weeks ago for eating a pie that effected betting, surely this is far more serious?!

It doen't make the slightest difference that the racing was good, or who benefitted from using the wrong format . The fact remained the format was wrong and the meeting should be either rerun or forfeited.

In the AGM, the promotors agreed and formulated a new programme for the coming year. A new format was introduced together with restriction for team construction. Rules were released informing promoters of their responsibility. Team Managers have for freedom of rider positions. this represented a total change from what we have been using for the last 3 years.

This was the first Meeting using these new rules. But wait, Wolves have decided to do it differently, They want to use all the new team rules but revert back to last years format...

This is a cock-up of epic proportions. and needs to be reprimanded ASAP.....

Long season Lisa, its a marathon not a sprint. Mind i doubt brum could even sprint.. :rofl:

still trying to make excuses for your inept play off performance despite bringing in a GP rider on a false average?? PMSFL.

We were the best team in the play offs and you know it.

If we ain't gonna win anything this season looks like Poole will do worse judging on last night's showing.

no doubt the rules will be fiddled to replace Newman with a higher averaged rider 'in the interest of (Poole) speedway'. :wink:

It's not getting arrogant pointing out facts. :wink:

True regards Tai, but then you can't bring Lindback or Greg back either. :t:

Don't want Lindback back if last season is anything to go by!!

What rule can be fiddled to get someone better than Kyle Newman, quite impressed by the other Kyle last night though, thought he rode well.

Edited by foreverblue

Don't want Lindback back if last season is anything to go by!!

What rule can be fiddled to get someone better than Kyle Newman, quite impressed by the other Kyle last night though, thought he rode well.

I doubt Anton will be back..

Have to say regardless of the wrong format or whatever it was plain to see last night how well Jacob Thorssell rode and to pass Hans and KK in one move and then win by a massive distance was very impressive and the best I have sent him ride. He looked smooth, fast and a different class to anyone else there.

Howarth was also one who impressed while Freddie and Sam did what you would expect but the reserves looked weak and getting just 3 from Skornicki rides wasn't good cover but Poole benefit with 8 fro. Newmans rides and having Klindt able to do seven rides helped Poole keep it close until the big guns dominated the last few years.

Skornicki missing Wednesday will all but hand Poole the trophy as he Wolvs reserves will be out 10 times.

Have to say regardless of the wrong format or whatever it was plain to see last night how well Jacob Thorssell rode and to pass Hans and KK in one move and then win by a massive distance was very impressive and the best I have sent him ride. He looked smooth, fast and a different class to anyone else there.

Howarth was also one who impressed while Freddie and Sam did what you would expect but the reserves looked weak and getting just 3 from Skornicki rides wasn't good cover but Poole benefit with 8 fro. Newmans rides and having Klindt able to do seven rides helped Poole keep it close until the big guns dominated the last few years.

Skornicki missing Wednesday will all but hand Poole the trophy as he Wolvs reserves will be out 10 times.

It doen't make the slightest difference that the racing was good, or who benefitted from using the wrong format . The fact remained the format was wrong and the meeting should be either rerun or forfeited.

In the AGM, the promotors agreed and formulated a new programme for the coming year. A new format was introduced together with restriction for team construction. Rules were released informing promoters of their responsibility. Team Managers have for freedom of rider positions. this represented a total change from what we have been using for the last 3 years.

This was the first Meeting using these new rules. But wait, Wolves have decided to do it differently, They want to use all the new team rules but revert back to last years format...

This is a cock-up of epic proportions. and needs to be reprimanded ASAP.....

But presumably the referee must have agreed to to it otherwise it wouldn't have been allowed to continue

I was in the stadium from 6.30 and could hear perfectly announcements from my stand point.

It's the radio show with Dicky Dodd till 7.30 who is in no position to give official news. Which he didn't.

No mention of the race format during introductions or prior to heat 1 or at any time during the meeting.

It was announced that no tactical rides were available to each team so some sort of format must have been agreed beforehand although I'm if a printing error dictated the race format then that's a bit embarrassing.

It was announced that no tactical rides were available to each team so some sort of format must have been agreed beforehand although I'm if a printing error dictated the race format then that's a bit embarrassing.

Tactical Rides are not permitted this season in a tie determined by the aggregate score.

• Like 3

Tactical Rides are not permitted this season in a tie determined by the aggregate score.

That's very good news - has this been publicised already because I genuinely don't remember reading it.