British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Wolves V Poole 27/3/17 + Poole V Wolves 29/3/17 Es.

Twicelast night when he came around for his victory lap he stopped at the start line to get the crowd going. Going to be a fans favourite.

Speedway needs a lot more of that.

Oh shut up! I think it says 'Premiership Shield's on the 'trophy' and not "challenge". Four consecutive wins I'm happy with that. Perhaps it doesn't mean much to some unless your in it! We've won the Premiership Shield that's that. James Shanes was hardly a known Premiership class act pre meeting was he. Keep your sarcasm till the end of the season when all is said and done. Till then all your predictive snipe is worthless.

He's not a Premiership class act now either.

He beat Thorssell which was an excellent ride, aside from that he beat Clegg and Greaves. Effectively he was racing at National League Level.

That said, he certainly has a lot of potential.

• Like 1

He's not a Premiership class act now either.

He beat Thorssell which was an excellent ride, aside from that he beat Clegg and Greaves. Effectively he was racing at National League Level.

That said, he certainly has a lot of potential.

Format helped.But great first meeting.

One trophy more than what ippo are going to win this year ah Gavin

Lets see how he does against Belle Vue next week with their reserves and the new format. If he scores 4-5 it will be brilliant.

We need more young Brits coming through with fighting spirit. Seems the work Neil Vatcher has been doing is starting to pay off.

• Like 2

He has been part of the Poultec training programme too which seems to be paying dividends.

• Like 2

He has been part of the Poultec training programme too which seems to be paying dividends.

James has said himself on twitter that it's the best thing to have happened in British speedway for a long time. ...
  • Like 1

*I misinterpreted Sid's post to be about Shanes, rather than Klindt* (sorry Sid)

I'd have thought his credentials as the European Grasstrack Champion, and x2 British Masters Champion, show that James is capable of performing under pressure. Those are two of the highest profile events for British Grasstrack riders... You don't win those types of event against the calibre of opponent he did without some sort of challenge. In fact, when James won his European title he was having a shocking meeting and it was all going wrong, yet he knuckled down, made the final and got the job done and lifted the trophy.

On the grass Shanes takes alot of beating i hope he has a great season for Poole.In Bewley,Smith,JPB ,Hume, Jenkins,Shanes we have some real hope now for the future of GB.
  • Like 3