British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

This Seasons Number 7s

My prediction to what order in averages they finish the season..

Shanes

ayres

graverson

perks

zack waj

jack smith

Bailey

Greaves.

I would be amazed if all 8 finished off in this league .. When you consider only ayres has scored a few points outside the NL so far in there careers it may be a season too early for a few of these....

Graversen

Smith

Shanes

Ayres

Wajknecht

Bailey

Greaves

Perks

Ayres

Smith

Perks

Graverson

Zach W

Bailey

Shanes

Greaves

Graversen purely because of his experience in the top tier.

Wajtknecht

Bailey

Ayers

Smith

Shanes

Perks

Greaves

Smith will do well just because he's so good at the NSS. But most do the 2 pointers will struggle to beat anyone other than the other 2 pointers.

Not good for their development at all only being in theory most likely to beat the opposite number 7.

Maybe Premiership should have had a team building points limit of 54 with the lowest average rider not being able to fall below 4.5 meaning proper youngsters would have to work through the championship, could that of ever worked?

1. Chris Holder 12.53

2. Kyle Newman 6.31

3. Danny King 9.57

4. Lewis Kerr 5.98

5. Robert Lambert 8.92

6. Kai Huckenbeck 5.24

7. Josh Bates 4.89

Would this not give the premiership a stronger league and litter the championship with young talent?

What a competition this is. Who can be in the most heats when more competent riders fail to complete 4 laps!

I think Shanes may suffer from having no other regular racing. Very odd that he doesn't have a CL and / or NL place. Compare that to Bailey and Smith who will be racing for three teams and may develop faster as a result, although of course burn out is also a risk.

Graversen ought to make hay initially although having had a year out won't help.

James has lots of grasstrack lined up I believe, this will help keep him sharp but will also rattle Matt Ford's nerves a little.

• Like 2

It's funny that the signing of Graversen was mocked initially, but people are now saying he's likely to be the best no.7 in the league.

• Like 3

Doubt he will be by the end of the season but to begin with experience alone should make him the strongest.

Anyway you know what the BSF is like for knee jerk reactions and people judging riders and line ups too soon ;)

Not enough racing for James shanes i think he also needs national league as well . Danny ayres to finish highest. Just my opinion

Graversen

Ayres
Smith
Bailey
Shanes
Perks
Wajtknecht
Greaves

However as the reserves are no longer protected most will only get 3 rides a meeting and be swapped out of heat 8 in favour of their stronger reserve partner. The sport as its nature is sink or swim so there may be some who suffer a confidence drop but if 2 or 3 make it then i would call it a success.