British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington Comets V Newcastle Diamonds (koc) 1/4/17 7pm.

The teams:

Comets.

Craig Cook

Thomas Jorgensen

Ty Proctor

Adam Roynon

Mason Campton

Matt Williamson

Rob Shuttleworth.

Diamonds.

Robert Lambert

Steve Worrall

Ludvig Lindgren

Lewis Rose

Ashley Morris

Danny Phillips

Connor Coles.

Always look forward to my trips to Workington, just hope for a dry meeting

• Like 1

It is a bit too early in the season for a meaningful encounter like the ko cup. I would have been happier if this was a challenge match but I suppose it is the same for both teams. The diamonds have a good top 5 to carry the weak reserve pairing for a while. Hopefully we will just need to give the reserves their programmed rides so please no rider replacements until Danny and Connor start proving themselves or needs dictate a personnel change. Workington's team deserve respect and in local rider Craig Cook look like getting at least 3 points in heats 13 and 15 possibly more if Robert and Steve are caught napping at the starts.

I hope the diamonds entertain the comets fans. I hope the score will be kept close for an interesting 2nd leg at Brough

The teams:
Comets.
Craig Cook
Thomas Jorgensen
Ty Proctor
Adam Roynon
Mason Campton
Matt Williamson
Rob Shuttleworth.
Diamonds.
Robert Lambert
Steve Worrall
Ludvig Lindgren
Lewis Rose
Ashley Morris
Danny Phillips
Connor Coles.

Anybody know the actual line-ups? I know cooky'll be at 1, Williamson 6 and Shuttleworth at 7, but what about the rest. Newcastle prob 1. Lambert, 2. Morris, 3. Rose, 4. lindgren, 5. Worrall, 6. Coles, 7. Phillips.

There has been some heavy rain in the past three days but the forecast is better now with only a few ligt showers tommorow.

• Like 1

Anybody know the actual line-ups? I know cooky'll be at 1, Williamson 6 and Shuttleworth at 7, but what about the rest. Newcastle prob 1. Lambert, 2. Morris, 3. Rose, 4. lindgren, 5. Worrall, 6. Coles, 7. Phillips.

Campton 2, Proctor 3, Roynon 4 and Thomas 5.

track is very wet today but had some sunshine and decent wind to help dry things out

but a rugby match tomorrow will leave the track staff with little time to work some magic and any afternoon rain will ruin there efforts

any more rain and I'm expecting a early rain off

Campton 2, Proctor 3, Roynon 4 and Thomas 5.

Thanks. I make my own scoresheet as I prefer to collect the programme unmarked.

• Like 1

track is very wet today but had some sunshine and decent wind to help dry things out

but a rugby match tomorrow will leave the track staff with little time to work some magic and any afternoon rain will ruin there efforts

any more rain and I'm expecting a early rain off

Any weather update mid morning would be much appreciated as traveling from Bristol

Some rain over night, forecast is for light rain this afternoon with it stopping around 5pm....

Some rain over night, forecast is for light rain this afternoon with it stopping around 5pm....

Thanks, will just have to chance it

weather is much better than forcast

ive not had anyword from my friend who will be at derwent park for the rugby so I'm taking that as good news

if it was bad this morning he was gonna let me know so I could switch to plan b for todays plans so far I'm still on plan a which is speedway tonight

weather is much better than forcast

ive not had anyword from my friend who will be at derwent park for the rugby so I'm taking that as good news

if it was bad this morning he was gonna let me know so I could switch to plan b for todays plans so far I'm still on plan a which is speedway tonight

Just sent you a PM

Very tasty looking fixture this between two evenly balanced teams, and the battles between Cook and Lambert will be worth watching. I take the home side to come out on top by 4-6pts.